What really pisses you off?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What really pisses you off?

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:05 am

measurer wrote:He can take up to 4 doses of co-codamol in 24 hours. He needs to watch tho mixing it wit Ibruprofen, but get why he's doing it. A doctor once told me that if they can find nothing wrong with the spine, it's usually an underlying condition. Does he know why he has the pain? If not, get a doctor hun, for that's a lot he's taking, he must be sore.

Cocodamol is fine with ibuprofen. It’s ok to mix paracetamol with NSAIDs, there’s no reaction. I’ve been using codydramol and cocodamol (not together, because both are max dose of paracetamol) and narproxen.
It’s pretty much my go to combination when life is tough and getting out of bed impossible without help. :gigglesnshit:
NastyNickers

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:05 am

measurer wrote:Valium does work as a muscle relaxant, but you need to get to the bottom of the pain and deal with it. And ask for stronger painkillers!

He needs a hip replacement afaik - and already has Tramadol at his disposal.
McAz

Postby Bella » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:12 am

McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:/quote]

If it was me I'd wait 4 hours - but you could speak to to 111 for advice.

Thanks for advice, Looks like he's sleeping a bit now so will try and get him to take it tomorrow, Diazepam must have kicked in
Not a fan of of painkillers so I will try and get an answer to the pain after Easter holiday, awful to see him like this.

If anxiety is a factor here (it often is with chronic pain) consider asking the doc for something like Propranolol - often more effective that Diazepam in promoting sleep and with tolerating pain.

I think it probably is but his back and hip are knackered, he's the sort of man that never gives up work , despite being passed retirement age and used to being tolerant of a certain level of pain.
Oh well, going to look for a house with out many stairs etc, face up to elderly stuff etc.
Last edited by Bella on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bella

Postby Bella » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:16 am

NastyNickers wrote:
measurer wrote:He can take up to 4 doses of co-codamol in 24 hours. He needs to watch tho mixing it wit Ibruprofen, but get why he's doing it. A doctor once told me that if they can find nothing wrong with the spine, it's usually an underlying condition. Does he know why he has the pain? If not, get a doctor hun, for that's a lot he's taking, he must be sore.

Cocodamol is fine with ibuprofen. It’s ok to mix paracetamol with NSAIDs, there’s no reaction. I’ve been using codydramol and cocodamol (not together, because both are max dose of paracetamol) and narproxen.
It’s pretty much my go to combination when life is tough and getting out of bed impossible without help. :gigglesnshit:

Sorry to hear you are so much pain, you look so young.
Bella

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:19 am

Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:

Thanks for advice, Looks like he's sleeping a bit now so will try and get him to take it tomorrow, Diazepam must have kicked in
Not a fan of of painkillers so I will try and get an answer to the pain after Easter holiday, awful to see him like this.

If anxiety is a factor here (it often is with chronic pain) consider asking the doc for something like Propranolol - often more effective that Diazepam in promoting sleep and with tolerating pain.

I think it probably is but his back and hip are knackered, he's the sort of man that never gives up work , despite being passed retirement age or tolerant pain.
Oh well, going to look for a house with out many stairs etc, face up to elderly stuff etc.

Age is no picnic, all the best to you and your husband - encourage him to do or take whatever is necessary to ease his suffering.
McAz

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:28 am

Bella wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Ah I’ll live. It’s chronic migraines, and I’ve had them long enough it’s just part of life. But thank you lovely. :wubbers:

I take propranolol. The whole sleep thing doesn’t work for me, but it helps me relax when I ‘bunch up’ through the pain (and inadvertently cause myself more pain).
Ring 111 in the morning and run through when to take the Tramadol and start that cycle. How long has he been on the cocodamol? I was told by a doctor it takes a few days for the paracetamol to really get into your system and do its job. Not sure how much truth is in that but hopefully relief will come soon.
NastyNickers

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:30 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Bella wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Ah I’ll live. It’s chronic migraines, and I’ve had them long enough it’s just part of life. But thank you lovely. :wubbers:

I take propranolol. The whole sleep thing doesn’t work for me, but it helps me relax when I ‘bunch up’ through the pain (and inadvertently cause myself more pain).
Ring 111 in the morning and run through when to take the Tramadol and start that cycle. How long has he been on the cocodamol? I was told by a doctor it takes a few days for the paracetamol to really get into your system and do its job. Not sure how much truth is in that but hopefully relief will come soon.

Why do you not use Triptans for your migraine?
McAz

Postby Bella » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:33 am

McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:

I think it probably is but his back and hip are knackered, he's the sort of man that never gives up work , despite being passed retirement age or tolerant pain.

Age is no picnic, all the best to you and your husband - encourage him to do or take whatever is necessary to ease his suffering.

He was to be at work next week but for this setback but had to cancel obviously and that is only because I advised him to do so , but no way could he work at the moment. I think that is very difficult for him, he's always been a bit of a workaholic.
Bella

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:37 am

Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:Age is no picnic, all the best to you and your husband - encourage him to do or take whatever is necessary to ease his suffering.

He was to be at work next week but for this setback but had to cancel obviously and that is only because I advised him to do so , but no way could he work at the moment. I think that is very difficult for him, he's always been a bit of a workaholic.

Use this unpleasantness to ease him into the idea of a more relaxed lifestyle - you don't want him learning the hard way.
McAz

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:42 am

McAz wrote:

Side effects. They make me feel like I’m having a heart attack with an elephant sat on my chest, and don’t touch the migraine anyway.

I have Botox. Works wonders for 6-8 weeks.
NastyNickers

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:47 am

NastyNickers wrote:
McAz wrote:

Side effects. They make me feel like I’m having a heart attack with an elephant sat on my chest, and don’t touch the migraine anyway.

I have Botox. Works wonders for 6-8 weeks.

Yes they can be unpleasant for some people - but good you have an alternative.
McAz

Postby Bella » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:51 am

McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:Age is no picnic, all the best to you and your husband - encourage him to do or take whatever is necessary to ease his suffering.

Use this unpleasantness to ease him into the idea of a more relaxed lifestyle - you don't want him learning the hard way.

I've tried all that,he's just one of those extra busy folks who unlike me who has the art relaxation very fine tuned :smilin:
Bella

Postby McAz » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:53 am

Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:

I've tried all that,he's just one of those extra busy folks who unlike me who has the art relaxation very fine tuned :smilin:

He will need to find his inner slob - you can be his guru. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby Bella » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:56 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Bella wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Thanks, I hope you find something for those migraines, sounds awful for you.
Bella

Postby Bella » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:03 am

McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:

He will need to find his inner slob - you can be his guru. :gigglesnshit:

If only he's follow my lead, not sure Guru Bella has right tune, although my Lad has potential.
Bella

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms