First Cousin Marriages - Genetic Defects, Fact or Fiction???

A right load of bollocks...

Re: First Cousin Marriages - Genetic Defects, Fact or Fiction???

Postby Keyser » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Gabby wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Seriously? The priests would do that? No wonder you’re so against it.

Yeah - and a few decades before that priests would come around with a cane to beat the shit out of the kids on a Sunday for not attending church (unless certain parents told them they would get KTFO if they touched their children).

Hard to believe but true. :shake head:

Nuns were cruel bastards too :shake head:

Oh yes - the Church seem to have been a haven for sadists, psychopaths and nonces (just look at Ireland).

People can believe in what they like in private but organised religion is an anathema to the world (and always has been) in my opinion.
Keyser

Postby Lucian Deville » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Big Fat Frosty"I'v jusrjust discovered my mom and dad are brother and sister
aww bless... :snooty:

Not your fault Frosty!!! Chins up kid!!!

:smilin: :smilin:
Last edited by Lucian Deville on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucian Deville

Postby malamute » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Its fact! I lived in Leicester for 16 years and all my kids were born there. I therefore spent a lot of time in hospital including many, many weeks with one difficult pregnancy and then another baby spent a long time in Special Care Baby Unit. A huge number of badly disabled babies were born to Pakistani families especially and the care involved following their births was immense and, of course, carries on for the rest of their lives. The monetary cost is massive.

There have been numerous reports about this and here is just one article.

We dont marry first cousins for very good reasons and nobody living in this country should be allowed to do so. Go to any special school up there and you will see that most of the severely disabled kids are Asian.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health ... ldren.html
Last edited by malamute on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malamute

Postby Goodwife » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Lucian Deville wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote: I'v jusrjust discovered my mom and dad are brother and sister
aww bless...
:hand:

Not your fault Frosty!!! Chins up kid!!!

Epic fail

Oh you sorted yourself out!
Last edited by Goodwife on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodwife

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:56 pm

malamute wrote:Its fact! I lived in Leicester for 16 years and all my kids were born there. I therefore spent a lot of time in hospital including many, many weeks with one difficult pregnancy and then another baby spent a long time in Special Care Baby Unit. A huge number of badly disabled babies were born to Pakistani families especially and the care involved following their births was immense and, of course, carries on for the rest of their lives. The monetary cost is massive.

We dont marry first cousins for very good reasons and nobody living in this country should be allowed to do so. Go to any special school up there and you will see that most of the severely disabled kids are Asian.

:roll:

Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists and Christians don’t marry their first cousins either. Or is the blanket Asian comment deliberate? :hand:
Last edited by Lady Murasaki on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Goodwife wrote:Epic fail

if this was game of sleeping dogs
lucien is fenellas bastard love child
Last edited by Big Fat Frosty on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Trapper John » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:09 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
malamute wrote:Its fact! I lived in Leicester for 16 years and all my kids were born there. I therefore spent a lot of time in hospital including many, many weeks with one difficult pregnancy and then another baby spent a long time in Special Care Baby Unit. A huge number of badly disabled babies were born to Pakistani families especially and the care involved following their births was immense and, of course, carries on for the rest of their lives. The monetary cost is massive.

:roll:

Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists and Christians don’t marry their first cousins either. Or is the blanket Asian comment deliberate? :hand:

Asia is a big place, in fact the largest continent on Earth. The term 'Asian' is used differently in different parts of the world, in America for instance Chinese, Japanese and people from the SE Asian peninsula's are all termed as Asians.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:19 am

It's amazing isn't it? even when faced with evidence and testimony from a Pakistani peer, concerned about the huge problem of incest and birth defects amongst the Pakistani population in the UK, people will still fight tooth and nail to protest that it is all made up by racists. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:53 am

It is not racist to acknowledge that there is a problem with heightened rates of genetic defects within certain communities

the racism is how you choose to use that information

health services are working with those communities to educate and to offer genetic screening, not to judge their cultural practices

oh and TJ your use of incest to describe what is a perfectly legal practice is what makes you stand out as a racist - that and agreeing with Malamute who was a well known racist on DS, before being banned for said behaviour
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:57 am

HobbitFeet wrote:It is not racist to acknowledge that there is a problem with heightened rates of genetic defects within certain communities

health services are working with those communities to educate and to offer genetic screening, not to judge their cultural practices

oh and TJ your use of incest to describe what is a perfectly legal practice is what makes you stand out as a racist - that and agreeing with Malamute who was a well known racist on DS, before being banned for said behaviour

well said, hobbit.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:11 am

HobbitFeet wrote:It is not racist to acknowledge that there is a problem with heightened rates of genetic defects within certain communities

also, the genetic problem is caused when cousins marry cousins and have children who marry cousins and they have children who marry cousins and so on. one generation of cousin marriage is highly unlikely to result in children with genetic defects.

something else people might want to address is the very real prospect in the uk that people can end up unwittingly marrying half siblings. i read about people who met & had a relationship, not knowing they both had the same dad, who wasn't on either birth certificate.

you get some guy spreading his love left right & centre but won't hang around long enough to be on the birth certificate & there's a recipe for future disaster.

Postby Lucian Deville » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:11 am

Guest wrote:

well said, hobbit.

Hi Hobbitfeet

If you have read our respected posts you will know we have nothing against cousin marriages, but have very serious concerns re genetic disorders, fact!!

Fact, Lucian and their family would never dream of marrying a cousin as they are seen as sibblings and this is how we were brought up, fact!!!

We will respond to TJ, and Lady M's and Malmutem. posts later on as we are going to be very busy eating our bacon sandwich in a few mins and another cup of coffee, fact

PS: Fact - it is not legal to mary a first cousin in many states of the USA, FACT :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Lucian Deville

Postby Trapper John » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:31 am

I wouldn't know about malamute as I've rarely crossed posts and I've never been on DS - so excuse me for not taking your obvious exception to the said poster as gospel, I tend to make up my own mind up on things like that. :thumbsup:

BTW it isn't MY use of the term 'incest' - "Baroness Flather, a cross-bench peer, says it is 'absolutely appalling' that first cousin marriages in Pakistani communities are leading to 'so much disability among children' Couples who are getting married should be forced to have a DNA test first to ensure they are not cousins amid growing concern about incest within Pakistani communities, Britain's first Asian peer has claimed."

Hope that helps when you next have the urge to accuse someone of racism. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:35 am

you chose to take her words and use them for yourself

it is not incest, it is a legal act, whether you agree with it or not does not affect the laws of the land

your choice to use that word when referring only to one group, my choice to call you a racist
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:40 am

And they say immigration has no affect on the NHS collapsing :laughing:
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms