What's on the menu tonight? pt 4

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 4

Postby malamute » Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Tonight I tried a new recipe which I found in a gardening magazine. Poruguese marinated carrots and they were lush!

Peel and slice carrots, cook for about 10 mins with couple of bay leaves, cummin seed (1 tspn) and pinch of salt until tender.

3 tablespoons olive oil, 1tbspn white wine vinegar and 2 garlic cloves finely sliced, mix together in bowl.

Drain carrots and immediately pour oil mix over them and allow to marinade for 5 mins.
Season with black pepper and little salt and add 1 tbspn chopped coriander leaves.
malamute

Postby Keyser » Mon May 14, 2018 9:53 pm

malamute wrote:Tonight I tried a new recipe which I found in a gardening magazine. Poruguese marinated carrots and they were lush!

Peel and slice carrots, cook for about 10 mins with couple of bay leaves, cummin seed (1 tspn) and pinch of salt until tender.

3 tablespoons olive oil, 1tbspn white wine vinegar and 2 garlic cloves finely sliced, mix together in bowl.

Drain carrots and immediately pour oil mix over them and allow to marinade for 5 mins.
Season with black pepper and little salt and add 1 tbspn chopped coriander leaves.

Sounds interesting. :smilin:

I just had very thick slices of tiger bread toast with shitloads of butter.

Simple but filling. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby MG2 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 pm

malamute wrote:Tonight I tried a new recipe which I found in a gardening magazine. Poruguese marinated carrots and they were lush!

That sounds lush. What did you have with it?
MG2

Postby malamute » Tue May 15, 2018 8:19 am

MG2 wrote:

Since it was Monday I used up left over roast beef from Sunday and we had some new potatoes which were lovely.

This was the first time I’ve cooked these carrots but I think they would be nice with any kind of salad, cold meats, grilled meats and maybe a nice salmon steak.
Last edited by malamute on Tue May 15, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
malamute

Postby malamute » Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 am

Keyser wrote:

We all love Tiger rolls in this house. I can never eat just one though.
malamute

Postby Honest Guesty » Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Quiche Lorraine and Chips. :grub:
Honest Guesty

Postby MG2 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:28 pm

malamute wrote:
MG2 wrote:

Since it was Monday I used up left over roast beef from Sunday and we had some new potatoes which were lovely.

This was the first time I’ve cooked these carrots but I think they would be nice with any kind of salad, cold meats, grilled meats and maybe a nice salmon steak.

Going to have to give them and Holly's salad a go

Thanks both.
MG2

Postby Keyser » Tue May 15, 2018 5:29 pm

malamute wrote:
Keyser wrote:

We all love Tiger rolls in this house. I can never eat just one though.

They are lovely.

Nothing tonight - not in the mood - perhaps some light soup later.
Keyser

Postby Star » Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Keyser wrote:

:drool:
Star

Postby Keyser » Tue May 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Star wrote:
Keyser wrote:

:drool:

:cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Star » Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 pm

What’s a light soup :laughing:

Homemade Lasagna tonight
The boy is home and he will be ravenous!
Star

Postby Keyser » Tue May 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Star wrote:What’s a light soup :laughing:

Homemade Lasagna tonight

Just not thick - like spring veg for example Star.

Glad your lad is home. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Star » Tue May 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Keyser wrote:
Star wrote:What’s a light soup :laughing:

Homemade Lasagna tonight

Just not thick - like spring veg for example Star.

Glad your lad is home. :cuppaT:

I get you Keyser & thanks :thumbsup:
Star

Postby Nucks » Tue May 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Chicken livers fried in butter, onion, and garlic with mushroom sauce and Caesar salad on the side.
Nucks

Postby Rockstar » Tue May 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Nucks wrote:Chicken livers fried

:wubwub:

My absolute favorite....My mum makes it...I think she boils the livers...Then fries them in spices like jeera,red chillies,etc
Rockstar

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive