Postby Guest » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:11 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
I get myself out of bed every morning, actually :snooty:

:wag:

Cocodamol is fine with ibuprofen. It’s ok to mix paracetamol with NSAIDs, there’s no reaction. I’ve been using codydramol and cocodamol (not together, because both are max dose of paracetamol) and narproxen.
It’s pretty much my go to combination when life is tough and getting out of bed impossible without help

...without the help of the combination painkillers I take to face the day and function. Not actual physical assistance to actually get out of bed.

My original post still stands. Impossible without help/assistance.

Worry not, guest. thankfully, I have my painkillers on the days I need a little help functioning.

:gabby:

Re: question for rollup & star

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Someone told me they use ghee.

Have you ever used ghee? We use it every fucking where.....Food of the Gods I'd say.... :wubbers:

Yes but only when making curries.
Brilliant stuff but I've stopped buying it as it's gone from a fiver a can to over eight quid.
I aint paying that for butter that's had the water removed. I may well star making my own.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Nucks » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Have you ever used ghee? We use it every fucking where.....Food of the Gods I'd say.... :wubbers:

Brilliant stuff but I've stopped buying it as it's gone from a fiver a can to over eight quid.
I aint paying that for butter that's had the water removed. I may well star making my own.

I thought it was butter without the milk solids? :ooer:

I tried it before but I don’t care for it. Has a nutty flavour or something.
Nucks

Re: Health questions to Rollup & Star

Postby Star » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:20 pm

I’ve never had ghee
Star

Postby MG2 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Nucks wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

That's sounds pretty good to me. I've probably had it in takeaways at some point, might buy some and give it a go at home.
MG2

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:04 pm

MG2 wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

That's sounds pretty good to me. I've probably had it in takeaways at some point, might buy some and give it a go at home.

Looks bad smells bad tastes great in the cooking process.
It alters the taste quite dramatically when making a curry.
All I ever used it for.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rockstar » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

My mum makes ghee on her own.Everyday fresh milk is delivered to my folk's home in the morning which has to be boiled,etc.The top layer (malai) is saved and she makes ghee from it once there is a considerable amount of malai stored...

Loads of ghee goes into sweets,dal bati,khichdi,etc :smilin:
Rockstar

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:21 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

My mum makes ghee on her own.Everyday fresh milk is delivered to my folk's home in the morning which has to be boiled,etc.The top layer (malai) is saved and she makes ghee from it once there is a considerable amount of malai stored...

I thought ghee :dunno: was butter that had the water removed
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Goodwife » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Maybe his mum makes it from scratch, removing the top of the milk would be the cream that you make butter with
Goodwife

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

I thought it was the other way round. Heat the butter till the milk solids are all at the bottom and then sieve them out. The golden liquid left is the ghee, just let it solidify for a day or so.
NastyNickers

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:57 pm

MAKING YOUR OWN GHEE AT HOME – MUCH EASIER THAN YOU THINK!

https://thehealthyfoodie.com/homemade-ghee/
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Nucks » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:14 am

We’re all right, sort of. From Wikipedia:

Clarified butter vs ghee

Ghee differs slightly in its production. The process of creating traditional clarified butter is complete once the water is evaporated and the fat (clarified butter) is separated from the milk solids. However, the production of ghee includes simmering the butter, which makes it nutty-tasting and aromatic.
Nucks

Postby VelvetCat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:10 am

VR6storm wrote:
Star wrote: I love bread too Jack and that was the hardest thing to lose at the start, and then I got a bright idea to
make alternatives using flaxseed or almond flour or coconut flour, thinking that it would work, but all you get is
a dense texture and you are better not bothering to be honest lol.
But I tried very hard at first to supplement the bread.
I also tried to make a sugar free icecream :shake head: you can tell by my emoji how that worked out :laughing:

You need to try this recipe........

http://healthyindulgences.net/2009/08/s ... ice-cream/

This makes the BEST sugar-Free ice cream as i used to make it for a friend who is T2 diabetic. I also make it for me
when i've over-indulged and feel a bit guilty.

:thumbsup:

That looks great, I'll try that for Mr VC who is T2.

I keep saying he should try the low carbs, high fat diet, but his diabetic nurse recently put him on a newish inject once a week drug and with cutting down on portion sizes, ( he used to have a very manual job in a factory) to becoming a taxi driver, where the temptation is if you're hungry grab a chocolate bar or a bag of chips to taking a bowl of salad to work. He also drinks a lot more water, again the temptation was to grab a can of Coke from the shop. His blood sdugars have dropped dramatically since starting this new drug and we are hoping he will be able to stop taking the daily tablets soon.

We've both cut down on portion sizes and I've also found that writing down a menu for the week helps and then only buying the food that is needed to prepared the meals and not having any junk food in the house, except for a occasional bag of crisps.

I also use coconut oil in cooking, read about it and decided to try it, its also great for my Westies coat and I use it as a emergency hair conditioner!

Don't know if I could have butter in my coffee though ( I can't give my coffee up!)
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby Nucks » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 am

Those who do lchf, what do you think of olive oil? Do you use it for any health benefits?
Nucks

Postby measurer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:41 am

Ok Jack, could you put this diet you have into a file and send it to me please? I was talking to someone yesterday and told them about your diet. They were very interested to read it. TIA
measurer

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms