That's so ratchet
That girl is such a fake model...
Avon Barksdale

Re: Ministry Of Beats Techno Jukebox

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Avon Barksdale

Postby Lambert » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:19 pm

Something I've been making in the last three hours or so in between the internet. Completely unfinished and unpolished with glaring issues but I like it so far. Slow n funky, I think it'll scrub up nicely when I put some more effort into it tomorrow.

https://clyp.it/kiqzdbls
Lambert

Postby jra » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:59 am

Lambert wrote:Something I've been making in the last three hours or so in between the internet. Completely unfinished and unpolished with glaring issues but I like it so far. Slow n funky, I think it'll scrub up nicely when I put some more effort into it tomorrow.

Lambert. Is that that really your work (I have to ask), because if it is, it's seriously kicking arse. Wowsa.

ETA. Maybe you can sample a bit of Mtume with their permission and speed it up.

Mtume - Hips

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq36uBPiNlk
jra

Postby jra » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:49 am

@Lambert.

Also ask Kraftwerk like Coldplay did and they'll probably just reply yes. Kraftwerk have proved their point for the last 40 or so years. Everybody knows they were groundbreaking and they've been sampled more often than most people have had hot dinners.
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:02 am

Lambert wrote:Something I've been making in the last three hours or so in between the internet. Completely unfinished and unpolished with glaring issues but I like it so far. Slow n funky, I think it'll scrub up nicely when I put some more effort into it tomorrow.

Cool.
Ok, you’re definitely not MAW. That confirms it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lambert » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 am

jra wrote:

Lambert. Is that that really your work (I have to ask), because if it is, it's seriously kicking arse. Wowsa.

Yeah. I just listened to it on my phone and it sounds like shit, so I'm going to have to alter the bass to make it more audible and tinker with the chord a bit. Not to mention EQ the shit out of it. On-demand streaming is the most common way that music is consumed these days, and most of that is listened to on smartphones. Everything has to sound good on a phone now, even house music.
Lambert

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Lambert wrote:
jra wrote:

Yeah. I just listened to it on my phone and it sounds like shit, so I'm going to have to alter the bass to make it more audible and tinker with the chord a bit. Not to mention EQ the shit out of it. On-demand streaming is the most common way that music is consumed these days, and most of that is listened to on smartphones. Everything has to sound good on a phone now, even house music.

Out of interest, what DAW do you use? And do you use a mastering service?
McAz

Postby Lambert » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:30 pm

McAz wrote:
Lambert wrote:
jra wrote:

For beat making/electronic stuff I like to use FL Studio. Yep, good old Fruity Loops. It's evolved into a very capable DAW and I like the workflow. I also use Reaper. I mix my own stuff but I don't usually master it.
Lambert

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 pm

How cool.

I'll have to listen to this when I get home tonight and give you my opinion. I know you didn't ask for it but dems the breaks!
Avon Barksdale

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Lambert wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lambert wrote:
jra wrote:

For beat making/electronic stuff I like to use FL Studio. Yep, good old Fruity Loops. It's evolved into a very capable DAW and I like the workflow. I also use Reaper. I mix my own stuff but I don't usually master it.

Thanks

I've used both of those in the past but finally settled on Ableton Live - it's a personal thing I suppose since modern DAWs are pretty much as capable as each other.

I asked about mastering because my ears are bad now so I'm thinking of trying an online service, Landr or the like.
McAz

Postby Lambert » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:How cool.

I'll have to listen to this when I get home tonight and give you my opinion. I know you didn't ask for it but dems the breaks!

It's a shitty WIP and I've already improved it today, shame I can't delete the clip :mrgreen: Luckily it audodeletes in a few hours. I might post the updated version later.

McAz wrote:Thanks

I've used both of those in the past but finally settled on Ableton Live - it's a personal thing I suppose since modern DAWs are pretty much as capable as each other.

I asked about mastering because my ears are bad now so I'm thinking of trying an online service, Landr or the like.

I've tried Ableton but I just can't get on with it. I don't like the UI, it doesn't make sense to me. It's very popular though.

I put a couple of mixes through the free version of Landr and tbh it wasn't actually too bad. Expensive though if you want the full monty.

Anyway, to get back on topic here's one of my all-time favourite techno tracks:

phpBB [video]
Lambert

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Lambert wrote:
jra wrote:

Sounds ok-ish on my phone but needs a fair amount of work (not that I could manage anything half that good myself though!). Would like to hear the improved version if you decide to do it.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Avon Barksdale

Postby jp761 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:35 pm

jp761

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms