Fashion Disasters

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Fashion Disasters

Postby dis » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Nucks wrote:
dis wrote:
Nucks wrote:
dis wrote:Ah I’d left by then, I’ve read your posts though, and makes sense I like you here. I thought we’d maybe talked before but anyway, you make me laugh x

:mrgreen: I slowed down on posting there for a while. Not as interesting as it once was I suppose. I post on soaps sometimes but I’m not obsessive about it. Just a past time.

I barely read it anymore unless it’s linked here, so many posters I used to talk to have left and it used to be like a wee friendly pub we, had a good laugh back in the day, I thought you were maybe someone I’d talked to, weird, you are maybe just on my level of ridiculousness.

A kindred spirit as Anne of Green Gables might say. x

:canny: that made me cry Anne of green gables,(my mum made me watch it) but aye, I get you. :smilin:
dis

Postby Dimples » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
dis wrote:I don’t wear makeup, I can’t imagine what it would feel like to have that amount of makeup on my face, and I hate anything that says ‘basil’ ‘herbs’ in the kitchen or fruit on clothes like pictures of cherries or anything, so paining a coat hanger on my broo, I just don’t get. Each to their own though, those lassies look braw enough, I would just feel dirty with all that on my face.

I don't wear makeup either.
I also don't wear clothes with pictures signs or messages on them.
I am not a walking billboard man.
I'm old enough to remember when those guys were a common sight ... they got paid for it!
I don't do fashion.
Fashion to me is telling you what to wear and when.
No one wanted to wear round national health glasses till John Lennon went for it then millions around the world decided it was a cool look.
I grew my hair long convinced I was doing it of my own free will and looking individual.
It only looked individual in the police station or a room full of bald blokes!

I DO wear make-up sometimes... but not every day.
I'm like you in that I don't wear clothing with slogans or advertising on them. It's unbelievably tacky! :gigglesnshit:
I'm not a slave to fashion, so I wear what suits me - colourwise, stylewise and what is age-appropriate.

One of the most hideous things I have ever seen is this utterly grotesque garment which M&S were selling last year. The sandals somehow manage to make it look even worse! :ooer:

The reviews of it were very telling. but the very best one was this:

"I belong to a re-enactment society and we like to dress up and recreate scenes from the Peasants Revolt of 1381. Imagine my delight when I found that M&S had researched this exact same moment in history, and created a perfect garment.
Next year we are recreating scenes from the Black Death, and I'm delighted that I'll be able to wear this again, as I'm to be one of the Flagellants.
Thanks M&S!"

Sorry the image is so huge! :awesome:
Dimples

Postby dis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:15 am

Dimples wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
dis wrote:I don’t wear makeup, I can’t imagine what it would feel like to have that amount of makeup on my face, and I hate anything that says ‘basil’ ‘herbs’ in the kitchen or fruit on clothes like pictures of cherries or anything, so paining a coat hanger on my broo, I just don’t get. Each to their own though, those lassies look braw enough, I would just feel dirty with all that on my face.

I don't wear makeup either.
I also don't wear clothes with pictures signs or messages on them.
I am not a walking billboard man.
I'm old enough to remember when those guys were a common sight ... they got paid for it!
I don't do fashion.
Fashion to me is telling you what to wear and when.
No one wanted to wear round national health glasses till John Lennon went for it then millions around the world decided it was a cool look.
I grew my hair long convinced I was doing it of my own free will and looking individual.
It only looked individual in the police station or a room full of bald blokes!

I DO wear make-up sometimes... but not every day.
I'm like you in that I don't wear clothing with slogans or advertising on them. It's unbelievably tacky! :gigglesnshit:
I'm not a slave to fashion, so I wear what suits me - colourwise, stylewise and what is age-appropriate.

One of the most hideous things I have ever seen is this utterly grotesque garment which M&S were selling last year. The sandals somehow manage to make it look even worse! :ooer:

The reviews of it were very telling. but the very best one was this:

"I belong to a re-enactment society and we like to dress up and recreate scenes from the Peasants Revolt of 1381. Imagine my delight when I found that M&S had researched this exact same moment in history, and created a perfect garment.
Next year we are recreating scenes from the Black Death, and I'm delighted that I'll be able to wear this again, as I'm to be one of the Flagellants.
Thanks M&S!"

Sorry the image is so huge! :awesome:

Ha? The sandals are the crowing turd, the dress is brutal but who is actually going to cut about in that dress,...it brown. :pukeup:

...and it’s hinging.
Last edited by dis on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
dis

Postby Nucks » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:16 am

I don’t get the eye brow thing. Unless you’re in a fashion show, your makeup should not be such a distraction that people struggle to focus when you’re speaking with them face to face. Those thick, drawn on with a sharpie brows look so out of place.

Green and blue lipstick is another one. :ooer: Perhaps ‘recently deceased’ is the next step after emo, goth, and vampire.
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:59 am

Fashion is utter bollocks.

Along with modern 'Art' (like Emin' spunk-covered bed) the ultimate expression of the Emperor's New Clothes for morons.

I mean ripped jeans FFS - these apparently cost Kim Fat fucking Arse £725! :roll:

Keyser

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 am

Keyser wrote:Fashion is utter bollocks.

Along with modern 'Art' (like Emin' spunk-covered bed) the ultimate expression of the Emperor's New Clothes for morons.

I mean ripped jeans FFS - these apparently cost Kim Fat fucking Arse £725! :roll:

that's how they ended up after she forced her ass into them, they were normal when she got them.

Postby Keyser » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am

Guest wrote:
Keyser wrote:Fashion is utter bollocks.

that's how they ended up after she forced her ass into them, they were normal when she got them.

:pmsl:
Keyser

Postby Holly » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 am

Worse fashion disasters EVER!!!

Holly
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:32 am

Holly wrote:Worse fashion disasters EVER!!!

I agree
Goodwife

Postby Text » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Are 80's powersuits trying to make a comeback?

Text

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Should we all be boring and only wear grey then?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Text » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Hair shaving - fortunately it didn't catch on.

Charlize Theron, Cynthia Nixon, Sigourney Weaver, Demi Moore.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Natalie Portman & Persis Khambatta of Star Trek also shaved down to the bone, too.

They all get paid squillions for shaving their hair for film roles. (My schoolteacher friend said ''fk it, for that kind of money they can have one of my kidneys'' :pmsl: )

Brittany shaved all her hair in public, but she can be excused, she did not her hair drug tested in the middle of a kid's custody battle. :pointlaugh:
Text

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:21 pm

If it wasn’t for people pushing the boundaries with fashion we’d all be wearing Animal skin thongs and barefoot.
Actually that’s not a bad look.
Lady Murasaki

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:21 pm

beautiful women look absolutely stunning with very short or shaved heads

Agnes Deyn being a great example
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:25 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:beautiful women look absolutely stunning with very short or shaved heads

Agnes Deyn being a great example

I bloody love very short/shaved. Never had the bollocks to do it.
NastyNickers

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms