Friday the 13th - Does it bother you?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Friday the 13th - Does it bother you?

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:20 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I was suposed to be having a sofa delivered on Saturday, they’ve changed it to tomorrow and I’ve not finished redecorating yet and the old sofa isn’t going until Saturday morning. So it’s going to be a disaster.

Paint on the new sofa! - its just made for the day.

I'd suggest you put the old sofa out front, people will take just about anything these days. Being Friday 13th though, someone would set fire to it and burn your house to the ground.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Trapper John wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I was suposed to be having a sofa delivered on Saturday, they’ve changed it to tomorrow and I’ve not finished redecorating yet and the old sofa isn’t going until Saturday morning. So it’s going to be a disaster.

I'd suggest you put the old sofa out front, people will take just about anything these days. Being Friday 13th though, someone would set fire to it and burn your house to the ground.

I’m home alone tomorrow which is a twat. I’d normally just do it myself but I’m a hand down so lifting is out of the question.
The old one is going to the tip so I think I may just take a hammer to it and drag it out in pieces. Fuck it.

Maybe I will put it out front. Burning the house down would solve all my problems.
NastyNickers

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Doesn't bother me at all.
Sorry to shout but I'm underground in the shelter at the moment stocking it up with toilet rolls.
I knew they'd come in handy.
Just cut the legs off the table to get it in.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Vam » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:44 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I’m home alone tomorrow which is a twat. I’d normally just do it myself but I’m a hand down so lifting is out of the question.
The old one is going to the tip so I think I may just take a hammer to it and drag it out in pieces.
Fuck it.

Maybe I will put it out front. Burning the house down would solve all my problems.

:yikes: ... do whaaaaat? There is a better way to get shot of it...

Act all ditzy blonde

Look helpless and vulnerable - a slightly quivering bottom lip and feeble lifting of your injured arm all adds to the frazzled stress effect

Offer to tip well, whilst smiling your sweetest smile (gotta be worth every penny, surely!)

If none of that makes the delivery guys take your old sofa away with them, sic Wiggsy on them :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby Nucks » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:56 pm

I barely think about it, but it does bother some people. The student residence my first husband lived in didn’t have a 13th floor. It went from 12 to 14, so the people living on the 14th floor must still have known they were actually on the 13th. :gigglesnshit: Seemed rather pointless.

:mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby Stooo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Doesn't bother me at all.
Sorry to shout but I'm underground in the shelter at the moment stocking it up with toilet rolls.
I knew they'd come in handy.
Just cut the legs off the table to get it in.

Ah, the memories :hap:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

The old one is going to the tip so I think I may just take a hammer to it and drag it out in pieces.
Fuck it.

Act all ditzy blonde

Look helpless and vulnerable - a slightly quivering bottom lip and feeble lifting of your injured arm all adds to the frazzled stress effect

Offer to tip well, whilst smiling your sweetest smile (gotta be worth every penny, surely!)

If none of that makes the delivery guys take your old sofa away with them, sic Wiggsy on them :gigglesnshit:

This is just about the funniest post you have wrote.

My god can you imagine the guest posts you would be hammering out at me if I had said the same :ooer:
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Trapper John wrote:Of course tomorrow, Friday, will be the 13th day of the month and although I know a lot of people who just poo-poo it as superstitious rubbish aren't always adverse to taking out the odd 'insurance policy' so to speak on what they do that day.

I know some who say it's rubbish but have put off doing things or leaving not so urgent matters for a more auspicious date just so as 'not to tempt fate'. :laughing:

r?

I am not superstitious about Friday the 13th. I have a shitload of "urgent" things to do tomorrow, if I make it through the day without a nervous breakdown it will be a miracle! Never mind putting stuff off!

Anyone who thinks like that needs wrapping up in bubblewrap and sticking in a room they cannot escape from :off head:
Goodwife

Postby Jem » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Fuck it.

Act all ditzy blonde

I'm not ashamed to say that I've used my feminine wiles on several occasions, although the effect lessens with age and gravity! My sons just roll their eyes at me.

Friday the 13th doesn't worry me - it's just another day.
Jem

Postby Stooo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:31 pm

What if Good Friday falls on the 13th? :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Fuck it.

Act all ditzy blonde

I did this with the bin men last week. Could I fuck drag that cunt out for them, so I came out when they got here and did my best “please help me” routine. It worked. They even brought it back in :mrgreen:

I could have paid extra for the couchbto be shifted, but I’d rather the hammer if I’m honest. Why part with money that could be instead spent on new things, and miss the chance to destroy the couch that has drove me fucking potty for the last 4 years?! :gigglesnshit:
NastyNickers

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Stooo wrote:What if Good Friday falls on the 13th? :ooer:

Good fucking luck surviving Friday?
NastyNickers

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:35 pm

The Knights Templars will rise from the grave and exact a terrible revenge on the church of Rome.

So they make sure it never happens. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Keyser » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Someone gets nailed to a lump of wood? :dunno:
Keyser

Postby Jem » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Keyser wrote:

Someone gets nailed to a lump of wood? :dunno:

Can we nominate people? :gigglesnshit:
Jem

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms