Fears & Phobias

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Fears & Phobias

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm

McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Mcazz crisps I can see it now ......

T2 update. Last check (a week ago), retinopathy gone, sugar level down, good cholesterol up - nursed asked how I did it By eating more good fat I replied. :thumbsup:

Good man!
Beware though that increased fat without decreased carb will give you a beer belly!

Good point - I am struggling a bit with distention and weight - I'll take that on board.

Spend an hour making mash spuds and cooking pasta and rice if you like them like I love them!
Split into portions and bung in the freezer for as and when.
Instead of high carb it becomes low carb high resistant starch and the spuds fried up in butter are delicious.
If you spend an hour in the kitchen batch cooking it makes it so much easier .... says he who a lot of the time can't be arsed. I think I'll do some later now I've remembered.
It is worth the effort.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:13 pm

I seem to be lacking in fears and phobias.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Mcazz crisps I can see it now ......

T2 update. Last check (a week ago), retinopathy gone, sugar level down, good cholesterol up - nursed asked how I did it By eating more good fat I replied. :thumbsup:

Good man!
Beware though that increased fat without decreased carb will give you a beer belly!

Good point - I am struggling a bit with distention and weight - I'll take that on board.

Spend an hour making mash spuds and cooking pasta and rice if you like them like I love them!
Split into portions and bung in the freezer for as and when.
Instead of high carb it becomes low carb high resistant starch and the spuds fried up in butter are delicious.
If you spend an hour in the kitchen batch cooking it makes it so much easier .... says he who a lot of the time can't be arsed. I think I'll do some later now I've remembered.
It is worth the effort.

I cool them down before reheating but didn't think about the freezer - great tip, thanks.
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I’m not too fussed about heights as such, but ladders get me. I hate hate hate being on a job before the staircase is in and I have to use ladders. I do use em, so it’s not really a phobia, but it comes with an adrenaline rush and the shakes.

Are you a builder? :hap:

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I’m not too fussed about heights as such, but ladders get me. I hate hate hate being on a job before the staircase is in and I have to use ladders. I do use em, so it’s not really a phobia, but it comes with an adrenaline rush and the shakes.

Not really. I try to stick more to the design and planning side of things. But I get involved when I have to.
NastyNickers

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:33 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:

Not really. I try to stick more to the design and planning side of things. But I get involved when I have to.

Sounds great,good on you! :thumbsup:

Postby Nucks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:07 pm

Foam mattress stuff, absolutely loathe having it touch my hands, especially my fingernails.

Also seaweed, when it’s still in the water obviously. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Guest wrote:

Sounds great,good on you! :thumbsup:

Cheers guest!
:wubbers:
NastyNickers

Postby Nucks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:20 pm

And this nasty shit.

Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Nucks wrote:And this nasty shit.]

Oh fuck no.
That shit stays well out of my house. It’s everyboarenrs worse nightmare.
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Nucks wrote:And this nasty shit.

:ooer: what IS that? :mrgreen:

Spiders for me too, but mostly, snakes - even little ones :doomed: I freaked when I was made to watch the movie Anaconda - just nooooo!

I'm a bit clean and tidy phobic, too. Not OCD about it, but I do love coming home to a clean, fresh smelling, serenely zen environment, particularly if I've been tearing about all day.

Sorry, guys, but I love fresh oysters, served on a platter of crushed ice with a dressing of tabasco sauce and finely shredded shallots in vinegar - washed down with Black Velvet
:drool:
Vam

Postby Nucks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Vam wrote:
Nucks wrote:And this nasty shit.

:ooer: what IS that? :mrgreen:

Spiders for me too, but mostly, snakes - even little ones :doomed: I freaked when I was made to watch the movie Anaconda - just nooooo!

I'm a bit clean and tidy phobic, too. Not OCD about it, but I do love coming home to a clean, fresh smelling, serenely zen environment, particularly if I've been tearing about all day.

Sorry, guys, but I love fresh oysters, served on a platter of crushed ice with a dressing of tabasco sauce and finely shredded shallots in vinegar - washed down with Black Velvet
:drool:

:gigglesnshit:

They're called Bunchems.

Nope, nope, and nope.
Nucks

Postby Vam » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Nucks wrote:

:gigglesnshit:

They're called Bunchems.

Nope, nope, and nope.

I'd love to have a go on them! :canny:

Is the problem that they stick to stuff, like velcro?
Vam

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Depths.

Heights don't kill you,it's the sudden stop at the bottom...

I'm very concious of blind spots on vehicles, I've seen too many pictures and videos of people getting run over because of stupidity. I guess being wary is a sort of fear?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Stooo wrote:Depths.

Heights don't kill you,it's the sudden stop at the bottom...

I'm very concious of blind spots on vehicles, I've seen too many pictures and videos of people getting run over because of stupidity. I guess being wary is a sort of fear?

You can learn how to float - flying's a whole lot harder. :dunno:
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms