Creative stuff

A right load of bollocks...

Creative stuff

Postby Bella » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Tis the time of year to uplift your garden or whatever.

I have found a magical paint and going to go mad repaint crappy kitchen units and garden stuff with it.
https://frenchicpaint.co.uk/collections/paint-al-fresco

Tomorrow is supposed to be hot and hopefully start the outside and get ready for husbands big birthday next week.

I was also intrigued with The alcohol inks that Nasty knickers mentioned.

All ideas welcome :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:13 pm

looked all over for some lemon thyme
i had the oregano and normal thyme for my herb pots
but no one had lemon
its fantastic on scrambled eggs or an omlette
finally found it in homebase
got some trailing lobelia for my baskets too
:thumbsup:
User avatar
Big Fat Frosty
 
Posts: 17165
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Bella » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:36 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:looked all over for some lemon thyme
i had the oregano and normal thyme for my herb pots
but no one had lemon
its fantastic on scrambled eggs or an omlette
finally found it in homebase
got some trailing lobelia for my baskets too
:thumbsup:


Might be a better deal than Homebase https://www.jparkers.co.uk/lemon-thyme- ... HtEALw_wcB

It's sad proper plant nurseries barely exist anymore, my best job ever was working in one for a while, I'd have done it for free almost .
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:41 pm

yea i saw some on amazon
was about to order them
before i found em in homebase
did u see they have orange thyme
ive never even heard of that
might order them just to see...
:thumbsup:
User avatar
Big Fat Frosty
 
Posts: 17165
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Bella » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:yea i saw some on amazon
was about to order them
before i found em in homebase
did u see they have orange thyme
ive never even heard of that
might order them just to see...
:thumbsup:


I'll have a look.

Just getting back in gardening mode etc after the the lethargy of winter, it will kick in soon and I love feeling all planting and making up pots and baskets. :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Creative stuff

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Alcohol inks are wonderful, Bella. I’m having so much fun playing with them.
Attachments
E3B88487-409D-4CC9-83A0-947F48D40E2C.jpeg
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 5480
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Bella » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:09 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Alcohol inks are wonderful, Bella. I’m having so much fun playing with them.


What would I get just to experiment?
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Creative stuff

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:14 pm

Bella wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Alcohol inks are wonderful, Bella. I’m having so much fun playing with them.


What would I get just to experiment?


I bought this:

https://www.saa.co.uk/pinata-alcohol-in ... 35765.html

And a few extra colours, the ink extended and a yupo pad.
But you only really need a couple of colours, the extended and a smaller yupo.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 5480
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Bella » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:21 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Bella wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Alcohol inks are wonderful, Bella. I’m having so much fun playing with them.


What would I get just to experiment?


I bought this:

https://www.saa.co.uk/pinata-alcohol-in ... 35765.html

And a few extra colours, the ink extended and a yupo pad.
But you only really need a couple of colours, the extended and a smaller yupo.


Thanks, it looks fun :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Creative stuff

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:28 pm

No probs! I’m always into crafty stuff or something or other.
I’m just about to see if I can use rubbing alcohol as an extended so shall report back! Will save a few quid on the extenders.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 5480
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 am

Baking, gardening, interior design :gigglesnshit: and sewing is my latest hobby.

I’m happiest when I’m creating something or learning something new.

Cakes and garden pics
Attachments
78644B6B-8205-463E-8CF7-819FF85AAE5F.jpeg
A7A9A801-67B2-4D74-8430-978590010E60.jpeg
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 22551
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm
Location: Happy ever after.

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Kat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:26 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Baking, gardening, interior design :gigglesnshit: and sewing is my latest hobby.

I’m happiest when I’m creating something or learning something new.

Cakes and garden pics

:thumbsup:
User avatar
Kat
 
Posts: 6066
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:50 am

Thanks Kat. A sample of what I grew/created last year, anyone can do it but there’s something very satisfying about growing your own.
Attachments
72B770A1-FB9C-47D7-9E06-9F0386AA9F64.jpeg
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 22551
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm
Location: Happy ever after.

Re: Creative stuff

Postby Gabby » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Baking, gardening, interior design :gigglesnshit: and sewing is my latest hobby.

I’m happiest when I’m creating something or learning something new.

Cakes and garden pics


Your garden looks lovely.... nice cakes too! :thumbsup:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 15246
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Creative stuff

Postby MG2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Baking, gardening, interior design :gigglesnshit: and sewing is my latest hobby.

I’m happiest when I’m creating something or learning something new.

Cakes and garden pics


Plants and cakes look gorgeous.
User avatar
MG2
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests