Choose Your News To Fit Your Agenda - It's The new Black

A right load of bollocks...

Choose Your News To Fit Your Agenda - It's The new Black

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:37 am

This thread is football related but has nothing to do with the game.

Some might remember a few years back when Chelsea travelled to Paris to play PSG in the Champions League and for the media and certain interested parties the result was of little consequence.

No, the biggest story of that day was how some "White English Racist Football Thugs" had allegedly prevented a black bloke from getting on a Metro train, I think we even had a thread about it, with some posters giving their holier than thou views.

The media had a field day, social media exploded as the usual suspects came out in force to tell us how all white people are racist and in fact being a football supporter to boot was like signing the racist register. The black guy got far more than his allocated 15 minutes of fame as the interested parties kept putting the boot in, I can't remember for exactly how long but it was news, for well over a week I think.

Videos appeared on Youtube and mainstream media were wetting themselves, they couldn't decide whether to major on the football thug side or the racist side, of course the racist side won out - far more mass appeal.

It ended like all good things do, with the black guy being offered to be treated like a king for a few weeks and ten thousand euro's the richer, the massed might of two national police forces had some faces, which got banned by Chelsea and got them suspended prison sentences, Job done. Two birds killed with one stone, it was a win win for the msm and the screaming twitterverse.

Fast forward to Tuesday night just gone. Liverpool v Roma. Sean Cox a 53 year old from the Irish Republic having a quiet drink in a pub by the ground with a couple of friends before kick off. Nice man, travelled to see his heroes play.

He now lays in a hospital bed in a critical condition after an unprovoked attack by Italian fans left him with severe head injuries and others with wounds needing hospital treatment.

Two Italian fans, a 20 & 29 year old have been arrested and charged with attempted murder. It wasn't the only incident, Roma fans were kicking off in and around the ground before the game with a 38-year-old from Italy arrested on suspicion of affray and possession of an offensive weapon, a 28-year-old man from Italy arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon, a 28-year-old man from Italy arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and throwing items inside Anfield.

Where is the HUE & CRY? where is the condemnation of filthy Italian fans? where is the media and twitterverse circus? - a few nationals carried a column, some added it to their match report and maybe, though I didn't see any myself it got a few seconds on a TV news programme, though once it was discovered it wasn't English fans fault and there was no racist angle to attach to it (though that should be debateable), it died a lonely death. Lets just hope that isn't the case for the poor bloke fighting for his life. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Choose Your News To Fit Your Agenda - It's The new Black

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:58 am

The more I think about this, the more I'm coming to the conclusion that these incidents should be labelled 'Racist Attacks' therefore punishable with much harsher sentences.

I mean we are talking about Italians here attacking English, in the case of Sean Cox Irish, people for no other reason than they aren't the same as them.

I suppose the vicious swarthy Italian thugs see us pastey white northern Europeans as all the same, after all we do all look the same.

I'm sure others will share those views too, so we should prepare for a few weeks of social media meltdown and wall to wall coverage in the press and on the TV News - Racism means column inches and airtime, I'm surprised they haven't thought about that sooner.

Now if that black French guy can get 10,000 euro's for some hurt feelings, imagine how much Sean Cox will be entitled to, god willing he survives and is capable of enjoying the money - maybe Roma can throw in a few weeks on lake Garda for some recuperation too.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 am

Just more racism from you.

You're boring.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:35 am

is it big news in italy?

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:16 am

It's been all over the news and social media. It's a big story and there has been condemnation from AS Roma themselves. TJ is just being a bit racist as usual.

Postby Vam » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am

Guest wrote:is it big news in italy?

Yes, it is.

The scum who attacked that poor guy were arrested inside the stadium, where they were "nonchalantly seated as though nothing had happened".

There's a lot of concern about the match on 2nd May too.
Vam

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:38 am

HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:27 am

This has been all over Twitter especially. I feel for the guy injured obviously, but what hasn’t been so widely discussed is that the police, who might have helped this guy were busy dealing with Liverpool fans, who had destroyed numerous police vehicles and had occupied their time.

As usual the Liverpool fans are the poor victims...
Dean

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:28 am

Vam wrote:

Yes, it is.

The scum who attacked that poor guy were arrested inside the stadium, where they were "nonchalantly seated as though nothing had happened".

thanks vam, i thought it would be.

tj doesn't understand british fans behaving like cunts abroad is big news in their own country & italian fans behaving like cunts abroad is big news in their own country.

he's just on another wind up to get people going.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:04 pm

Trapper John wrote:The more I think about this, the more I'm coming to the conclusion that these incidents should be labelled 'Racist Attacks' therefore punishable with much harsher sentences.

I mean we are talking about Italians here attacking English, in the case of Sean Cox Irish, people for no other reason than they aren't the same as them.

I suppose the vicious swarthy Italian thugs see us pastey white northern Europeans as all the same, after all we do all look the same.

I'm sure others will share those views too, so we should prepare for a few weeks of social media meltdown and wall to wall coverage in the press and on the TV News - Racism means column inches and airtime, I'm surprised they haven't thought about that sooner.

Now if that black French guy can get 10,000 euro's for some hurt feelings, imagine how much Sean Cox will be entitled to, god willing he survives and is capable of enjoying the money - maybe Roma can throw in a few weeks on lake Garda for some recuperation too.

What happened to this guy was terrible and the perpetrators should be severely punished and receive prison sentences.

But what evidence is there to suggest that it is a racially motivated attack rather than bog standard hooliganism against a fan of an opposing team?

The incident involving the Chelsea fans involved a commuter on his way home rather than another team's supporter and the Chelsea fans were clearly shouting "We're racist, we're racist and that's the way we like it."

You're comparing apples with oranges.

It's almost as if you have an agenda.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Vam » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:20 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Yes, it is.

tj doesn't understand british fans behaving like cunts abroad is big news in their own country & italian fans behaving like cunts abroad is big news in their own country.

NP :smilin:

This attack has been quite extensively covered in Italy - both in the press and on mainstream TV channels, like Rai1 and Rai Sport.

In preparation for the second leg in Rome, police and football authorities are scrabbling about putting extra measures in place, in an effort to guarantee the safety of visiting Liverpool fans. They fear 'revenge' attacks. Predictably, a separate 'safe space' will be allocated to Liverpool fans inside the stadium. But the main concern of the local residents is what might kick off in areas surrounding the stadium. Some bars will be closed for the duration.

Anyway, just answering your question. I don't want to stray too far from the real issue Traps is trying to raise in this thread :wink:
Vam

Postby Vicky » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Yes, it is.

Don't you mean English fans?

I can't remember the last time the Scots, Welsh or Northern Ireland fans behaved like cunts abroad.
Vicky

Postby Dean » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Vicks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Yes, it is.

I can't remember the last time the Scots, Welsh or Northern Ireland fans behaved like cunts abroad.

They hardly qualify for tournaments abroad, to be fair...
Dean

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Vicks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Yes, it is.

sorry, vicks. :smilin: i should have said chelsea fans.

Postby Vicky » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Yes, it is.

They hardly qualify for tournaments abroad, to be fair...

Yes that is true Dean.

It's twenty years since Scotland last qualified for a major tournament, maybe we'll qualify for Qatar

Knowing our luck, we'll all die of sunstroke.
Vicky

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms