400 Years Of Slavery - That Sounds Like A Choice?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: 400 Years Of Slavery - That Sounds Like A Choice?

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
You say that as if it should be anathema to me? quite the contrary, all human life matters not just black or white. I can also thank you for accepting that I have nothing to apologise for in regards black slavery. I had no ancestors owning plantations, I had no ancestors taking or using slaves, my ancestors were up chimneys at the age of seven at about the same time as others were picking cotton in the fields of Virginia.

I was hoping for a bit of compo myself, for the trails and tribulations my ancestors went through it's left me a depressed wreck just thinking about it all the time.

"As you have helpfully pointed out the freed slaves were mostly left to fend from themselves in a hostile environment" Happy to do so too. It's something that needs drumming into the cunts who have these lofty ideals, you can't just come up with these great ideas that sound all high and noble and when you have got your way, sail off into the sunset leaving a trail of death and destruction in your wake.

I'm not even frontin'. I never had you down as someone who had sympathy with BLM but you are more progressive than some middle class people I know.

I think demanding apologies from individuals is a bit silly and I haven't heard anyone go there (although there may be some one the fringe who may do) but a recognition of the economic prosperity which flowed from slavery, where it flowed to, the consequences of that enrichment and the lasting impact is a worthy discussion.

At the heart of this is the exploitation of the have nots by the powerful - a story as old as time and why we, as free individuals, must always be questioning where power is concentrating and how it is being abused.

One thing you can't blame on the planation owners and slave traders is shoddy book-keeping. They have meticulous records going back centuries of all and every transaction even down to the names they gave their slaves and how many bales of cotton they produced on a particular day.

These records are as clear as those kept on a computer database and available to all if you have a mind. They will show you where the money went and who benefits from it now. It's a wonder no-one has done it before - or is it?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu May 03, 2018 4:53 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
You say that as if it should be anathema to me? quite the contrary, all human life matters not just black or white. I can also thank you for accepting that I have nothing to apologise for in regards black slavery. I had no ancestors owning plantations, I had no ancestors taking or using slaves, my ancestors were up chimneys at the age of seven at about the same time as others were picking cotton in the fields of Virginia.

I was hoping for a bit of compo myself, for the trails and tribulations my ancestors went through it's left me a depressed wreck just thinking about it all the time.

"As you have helpfully pointed out the freed slaves were mostly left to fend from themselves in a hostile environment" Happy to do so too. It's something that needs drumming into the cunts who have these lofty ideals, you can't just come up with these great ideas that sound all high and noble and when you have got your way, sail off into the sunset leaving a trail of death and destruction in your wake.

I'm not even frontin'. I never had you down as someone who had sympathy with BLM but you are more progressive than some middle class people I know.

I think demanding apologies from individuals is a bit silly and I haven't heard anyone go there (although there may be some one the fringe who may do) but a recognition of the economic prosperity which flowed from slavery, where it flowed to, the consequences of that enrichment and the lasting impact is a worthy discussion.

At the heart of this is the exploitation of the have nots by the powerful - a story as old as time and why we, as free individuals, must always be questioning where power is concentrating and how it is being abused.

One thing you can't blame on the planation owners and slave traders is shoddy book-keeping. They have meticulous records going back centuries of all and every transaction even down to the names they gave their slaves and how many bales of cotton they produced on a particular day.

These records are as clear as those kept on a computer database and available to all if you have a mind. They will show you where the money went and who benefits from it now. It's a wonder no-one has done it before - or is it?

Eh? It has been done (slavery as the engine of economic prosperity) in numerous publications and books hence the reparations argument.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Eh? It has been done (slavery as the engine of economic prosperity) in numerous publications and books hence the reparations argument.

Traced to individuals? then I stand to be corrected.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu May 03, 2018 5:03 pm

Trapper John wrote:Traced to individuals? then I stand to be corrected.

Apologies, I misunderstood the point you were making.

I'm not sure about a genealogical wealth analysis (although that strikes me as rather difficulty due to the remoteness of loss as I said before) but the general arguments about the overall boost to the American economy from the slave trade.

Ok, gotta shoot. Good discussion!
Avon Barksdale

Postby Markey mark » Thu May 03, 2018 5:03 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Suppose most slaves to a point , our lives are controlled by the few that have all the wealth , the authority’s can tap into our texts , emails , phone calls they are looking at our search engines , you get a mortgage you don’t own nothing , just owe more money that you borrowed, if you don’t pay it your on the streets , you vote for a prime minster to run the country , they tell everyone what they going to do ,to help people that on low wages , all they do is help the poeple that stinking rich to get richer and the poor get poorer , millions are slaves to the very few in this world that are very corrupt

We are all slaves Markey, but some think that if they haven't got chains around their legs and get a whipping every day, that they aren't.

None of us are not free to do what we want , think it was lot worst in my fore fathers times , my grandad was one of 8 children , his father had to catch rabbits etc to feed them , his dad was caught stealing ie pouching trout on a wealthy man land , his father got 3 months hard labour , the family basically staved , my grandad had to go and work for this wealthy man age 12 , he worked solid 6 weeks and had one Sunday off in that 6 weeks. But all the poor back then were the same , sick to death hearing about how brutal the black were treated back then , millions of whites were used and abused by the elite
Markey mark

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2018 5:06 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Suppose most slaves to a point , our lives are controlled by the few that have all the wealth , the authority’s can tap into our texts , emails , phone calls they are looking at our search engines , you get a mortgage you don’t own nothing , just owe more money that you borrowed, if you don’t pay it your on the streets , you vote for a prime minster to run the country , they tell everyone what they going to do ,to help people that on low wages , all they do is help the poeple that stinking rich to get richer and the poor get poorer , millions are slaves to the very few in this world that are very corrupt

We are all slaves Markey, but some think that if they haven't got chains around their legs and get a whipping every day, that they aren't.

None of us are not free to do what we want , think it was lot worst in my fore fathers times , my grandad was one of 8 children , his father had to catch rabbits etc to feed them , his dad was caught stealing ie pouching trout on a wealthy man land , his father got 3 months hard labour , the family basically staved , my grandad had to go and work for this wealthy man age 12 , he worked solid 6 weeks and had one Sunday off in that 6 weeks. But all the poor back then were the same , sick to death hearing about how brutal the black were treated back then , millions of whites were used and abused by the elite

it's not black people's fault he kept churning out kids he couldn't afford to feed.

Postby Jem » Thu May 03, 2018 5:06 pm

Jem

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Jem wrote:https://www.ucl.ac.uk/lbs/
Interesting link.

Thats not a bad link I just need some names to put in it and I gotta eat something now, so later. It ain't gonna be one of those 'to get further information please subscribe'................things is it?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Jem » Thu May 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Interesting link.

Thats not a bad link I just need some names to put in it and I gotta eat something now, so later. It ain't gonna be one of those 'to get further information please subscribe'................things is it?

No. I searched my family name and thankfully none of us owned slaves.
Jem

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 5:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

it's not black people's fault he kept churning out kids he couldn't afford to feed.

In the days he's talking about, all poorer people had large families because the life expectancy wasn't great, that lasted to well after WW2 when medicines and health care became better and there was no need. Unfortunately most of the third world just kept bashing then out and still do.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

In the days he's talking about, all poorer people had large families because the life expectancy wasn't great, that lasted to well after WW2 when medicines and health care became better and there was no need. Unfortunately most of the third world just kept bashing then out and still do.

the infertile ones didn't.

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 5:21 pm

Jem wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Interesting link.

No. I searched my family name and thankfully none of us owned slaves.

I laughed when that chef Ainsley whassiname was on who do you think you are and after banging on about the horrors of slavery found out that his ancestor was a slave trader. :laughing:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Pardon?

Please translate.

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Pardon?

Please translate.

chainsaw aarrrrr albanian grandad i don't like black people rabbit rabbit poaching brown envelope no educayshun aaarrrrrr trees glowbox midnight albanian sex condoms aaarrr.

Postby Stooo » Thu May 03, 2018 6:58 pm

Kanye, seriously? :laughing:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms