Invited to the Royal Wedding? - tuck in first though

A right load of bollocks...

Invited to the Royal Wedding? - tuck in first though

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Can you fucking believe this?

In an effort to engage people from the most deprived areas of the country the oh so lovely Prince and his beautiful caring and giving soon to be wife have invited around 1200 handpicked members of the public – including inner-city youth workers from Coventry and community leaders from Bolton – who will crowd inside the grounds of Windsor Castle to be among the first to see Prince Harry and Meghan Markle emerge as a married couple.

They have all recieved a letter from the Royal household telling them to bring themselves a picnic along with them because it won't be possible to buy food and drink at the event.

Like you scum aint even getting the crumbs that normally drop from our table, let alone a curled up cheese sandwich. Debrett’s guide to etiquette advises at least six canapés per person - pre-lunch at a wedding, it doesn't say if that should apply to common oiks though.

It's a fucking disgrace really though isn't it? would you go if you had an invite and they treated you like that?

I might but I'd take along a disposable BBQ some bangers, burgers and buns and light up in the grounds, of course hoping the smoke doesn't spoil their day.

Jeez, how much would it cost those privileged bastards to cough up for 1200 packed lunches and bottles of drink. If they don't change their mind I hope the lot boycott the whole charade. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Invited to the Royal Wedding? - tuck in first though

Postby Gabby » Thu May 03, 2018 1:05 pm

I wouldn’t go.... with or without a packed lunch :snooty:
Gabby

Postby Vam » Thu May 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Trapper John wrote:Can you fucking believe this?

In an effort to engage people from the most deprived areas of the country the oh so lovely Prince and his beautiful caring and giving soon to be wife have invited around 1200 handpicked members of the public – including inner-city youth workers from Coventry and community leaders from Bolton – who will crowd inside the grounds of Windsor Castle to be among the first to see Prince Harry and Meghan Markle emerge as a married couple.

They have all recieved a letter from the Royal household telling them to bring themselves a picnic along with them because it won't be possible to buy food and drink at the event.

Like you scum aint even getting the crumbs that normally drop from our table, let alone a curled up cheese sandwich. Debrett’s guide to etiquette advises at least six canapés per person - pre-lunch at a wedding, it doesn't say if that should apply to common oiks though.

It's a fucking disgrace really though isn't it? would you go if you had an invite and they treated you like that?

I might but I'd take along a disposable BBQ some bangers, burgers and buns and light up in the grounds, of course hoping the smoke doesn't spoil their day.

Jeez, how much would it cost those privileged bastards to cough up for 1200 packed lunches and bottles of drink. If they don't change their mind I hope the lot boycott the whole charade. :shake head:

At, say, a notional £15 per head - still well under 20k. A drop in the ocean, in the grand scheme of things.

So, on the face of it, yes, I completely agree with you on this one. Very miserly, and very surprising that anyone would sign off on this crassness :ooer: And no, I wouldn't go.

Do you have a link, Traps?
Vam

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Vam wrote:

At, say, a notional £15 per head - still well under 20k. A drop in the ocean, in the grand scheme of things.

So, on the face of it, yes, I completely agree with you on this one. Very miserly, and very surprising that anyone would sign off on this crassness :ooer: And no, I wouldn't go.

Do you have a link, Traps?

People are going for the event not the fucking food. :cronos:
Does TJ go to a football match to moan about the burgers? :cheers: :thud:

Postby Vam » Thu May 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Guest wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/03/bring-your-own-picnic-royal-wedding-guests-bemused-by-lack-of-catering

:thumbsup: :smilin:
Vam

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Well they can’t win really can they?
If they do the catering some Moany Old Dodo will complain about the public purse being used to cater for those people.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Thu May 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/03/bring-your-own-picnic-royal-wedding-guests-bemused-by-lack-of-catering

:thumbsup: :smilin:

.... and from that link...

Kensington Palace indicated this week that some refreshments and snacks would be available, but declined to elaborate.

Maybe they're starting to rethink this crappy bit of PR... :dunno:
Vam

Postby Jem » Thu May 03, 2018 1:36 pm

"Kensington Palace indicated this week that some refreshments and snacks would be available, but declined to elaborate."

I wonder what kind.
Jem

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Kate & William will set up a truck flogging Billy Burgers.

Postby Vam » Thu May 03, 2018 1:43 pm

I'll be ok - sat with 3 mates in front of a 60" UHD screen, watching Her Maj & all the rellies, while a handy couple of blokes supply bacon sandwiches and champagne.

I love Her Maj! :canny: Plus no one, and I mean no one, does pomp and circumstance better than the Brits.
Vam

Postby Text » Thu May 03, 2018 1:45 pm

How miserly if this is true. Give them a sandwich and a soft drink. Treat them with respect, they are supposed to be mostly charity workers.
Text

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Well they can’t win really can they?
If they do the catering some Moany Old Dodo will complain about the public purse being used to cater for those people.

Wouldn't have to cost the public purse anything, if Harry is skint I'm sure his old man can stick his hand in his pocket, not everything with a Royal tag has to come out of the public purse. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Text » Thu May 03, 2018 1:49 pm

I can understand banning food stalls.
Having gas canisters and people cooking with naked flames could present a possible security risk.
Text

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Well they can’t win really can they?

Wouldn't have to cost the public purse anything, if Harry is skint I'm sure his old man can stick his hand in his pocket, not everything with a Royal tag has to come out of the public purse. :roll:

But then you some Moany Old Dodo would complain that the money isn’t really his it’s ours, one way or another. :woteva:
Lady Murasaki

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms