Invited to the Royal Wedding? - tuck in first though

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Invited to the Royal Wedding? - tuck in first though

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Well they can’t win really can they?
If they do the catering some Moany Old Dodo will complain about the public purse being used to cater for those people.

Wouldn't have to cost the public purse anything, if Harry is skint I'm sure his old man can stick his hand in his pocket, not everything with a Royal tag has to come out of the public purse. :roll:

But then you some Moany Old Dodo would complain that the money isn’t really his it’s ours, one way or another. :woteva:

Are you saying 1200 ordinary people wouldn't deserve anything even if it was out of the public purse, why just coz they are youth workers and community leaders and don't have real jobs, makes them ineligable. They can take the money out my the millions I've contributed to the public purse in my working life.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Lol.
Millions?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Lol.
Millions?

Aye, I did the math and that was about 10 years ago - I've put more in since, it's why I get finickity about people strolling in here and some cunt just giving it to them. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 2:46 pm

Pull the other one.
Millions?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Pull the other one.
Millions?

Tax, national insurance, direct and indirect taxes you tot it up over a lifetime of work, you'd be surprised at how much it comes to. And the more you earn the more you contribute unless you get up to shady tax dodges and offshore dealings which I never have - I've always subscribed to the welfare state and the idea that you help those less fortunate than yourself in their times of need if you have the ability.

What I never expected was to be helping the entire world in their time of need, which by the way is perpetual, that wasn't in the promotional leaflets.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Right ok, I wasn’t including all the taxes and NI contributions.
You’re not exactly alone though.

Why, after having contributed so much, do you have more ire towards immigrants (who also pay their taxes) than towards those who are rich enough but dodge taxes/ have offshore accounts etc?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Right ok, I wasn’t including all the taxes and NI contributions.

Why, after having contributed so much, do you have more ire towards immigrants (who also pay their taxes) than towards those who are rich enough but dodge taxes/ have offshore accounts etc?

he still hasn't paid millions, he's talking shit & exaggerating again.

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Right ok, I wasn’t including all the taxes and NI contributions.

Firstly, I don't favour tax dodgers full stop. Secondly, I have no truck with immigrants who pay their way and pay their taxes. Unfortunately, contrary to popular belief amongst your lot, most immigrants don't contribute to our economy. Some do, the higher paid professionals do, they are not in the majority.

I don't know how many more times I have to explain it but paying £1 in tax and national insurance contributes nothing if you are taking £3 back out in tax credits and benefits, its simple arithmatic. Highly paid immigrants are also less likely to be a drain on the services most ordinary people use like say the NHS whereas those non contributing ones are likely to be more of a drain on our services than are ordinary people.

When next you hear someone say that immigrants contribute more to the economy than they take out, get them to break it down they can't or won't because they are all lumped together - if in fact they have any real figures at all.

To simplify it further you go out on night out team handed, your rich mate is paying for everything coz the rest of you are skint. When someone says look after that lot they are loaded - in reality, would that be true or false?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Switch » Thu May 03, 2018 3:59 pm

I wouldn't go if they paid me to eyebrow
Switch

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 4:00 pm

Guest wrote:

I probably paid for the very bags you are wearing on your head at this moment. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu May 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Switch wrote:I wouldn't go if they paid me to eyebrow

Thats sweet then, coz they aint gonna.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Guest wrote:

Depends on how much is earnt over how many years and no one has to divulge that, obviously, but there’s no point assuming one way or the other.
If you earnt on average £25,000 a year for 40 years, you’d have paid over £2 million in income tax alone.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Switch » Thu May 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Switch wrote:I wouldn't go if they paid me to eyebrow

Thats sweet then, coz they aint gonna.

Just as well then :thumbsup:
Switch

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:

Depends on how much is earnt over how many years and no one has to divulge that, obviously, but there’s no point assuming one way or the other.
If you earnt on average £25,000 a year for 40 years, you’d have paid over £2 million in income tax alone.

how in fuck does earning £1m over 40 years mean paying over £2m in taxes?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:

how in fuck does earning £1m over 40 years mean paying over £2m in taxes?

Shit, I’m multitasking and miscalculated :brickwall:

I’ll get back to you after I’ve eaten. :oops:
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms