The Royal Wedding

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The Royal Wedding

Postby Vicky » Sun May 20, 2018 4:17 pm

32933241_10156421614548343_3803647011845046272_n.jpg

A photo of a young Prince Phillip, Harry looks very like him.
Vicky

Postby Stooo » Sun May 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Vicks wrote:

Good find!
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Anyways, back top the thread topic:

I've seen a few bits more and I thought the whole thing was a parody really, I expected Eddie Murphy to pop up at any moment. The preacher, the black chamber orchestra, the gospel singers - instead of a subtle and classy nod to the heritage of the bride they went in with all the gusto of head bangers at a Sabbath gig.

In their attempts to show how 'multicultural' and 'understanding' they can be, they went so far over the top I thought the couple might come out of the church and join a queue of African slaves with machettes and cotton bales, kitted out for the occasion on a march through Windsor great park.

Yes, we all knew she has African American heritage, I don't think we needed to have it reiterated every five minutes. After all she's marrying into the British Royal family, not the other way around.

Still if the majority saw it as some sort of breaking down of class and race issues then bully for them, I just thought it was a pat on the head for a minor Royal couple with little significance and quite honestly a bit of piss take out of her.

Who cares what some racist old fossil thinks anyway :whistle:

Best royal wedding ever imo :smilin:

ignorant, racist old fossil.

prince harry is a senior royal, and so is meghan now, whether tj likes it or not.

How do ya make that out? - He's only sixth in line to the throne now, if his brother and misses bash out any more he'll fall even further behind. :dunno:

Senior Royalty my arse - if you're not King, Queen or first in line to the throne you're a hanger on. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Does she have her hair straightened chemically? If not, it must a nightmare keeping it so straight and glossy.

Fucking hell Rags, how come you are getting away with all these comments? If I said even half of those they'd be having a feeding frenzy.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sun May 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Stooo wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Good find!

I think those who say James Hewitt is Harry's dad have been hiding it.

:laughing:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun May 20, 2018 5:09 pm

I loved the look on Paul Burrell's face, when he wasn't allowed into the church.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun May 20, 2018 5:10 pm

The ego has landed.

:roll:
Vicky

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun May 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Does she have her hair straightened chemically? If not, it must a nightmare keeping it so straight and glossy.

Fucking hell Rags, how come you are getting away with all these comments? If I said even half of those they'd be having a feeding frenzy.

What's wrong with the question? :ooer:
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun May 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Anyways, back top the thread topic:

I've seen a few bits more and I thought the whole thing was a parody really, I expected Eddie Murphy to pop up at any moment. The preacher, the black chamber orchestra, the gospel singers - instead of a subtle and classy nod to the heritage of the bride they went in with all the gusto of head bangers at a Sabbath gig.

In their attempts to show how 'multicultural' and 'understanding' they can be, they went so far over the top I thought the couple might come out of the church and join a queue of African slaves with machettes and cotton bales, kitted out for the occasion on a march through Windsor great park.

Yes, we all knew she has African American heritage, I don't think we needed to have it reiterated every five minutes. After all she's marrying into the British Royal family, not the other way around.

Still if the majority saw it as some sort of breaking down of class and race issues then bully for them, I just thought it was a pat on the head for a minor Royal couple with little significance and quite honestly a bit of piss take out of her.

Who cares what some racist old fossil thinks anyway :whistle:

Best royal wedding ever imo :smilin:

ignorant, racist old fossil.

prince harry is a senior royal, and so is meghan now, whether tj likes it or not.

How do ya make that out? - He's only sixth in line to the throne now, if his brother and misses bash out any more he'll fall even further behind. :dunno:

Senior Royalty my arse - if you're not King, Queen or first in line to the throne you're a hanger on. :thumbsup:

How far down the line does one have to be to pay for their own wedding?
Raggamuffin

Postby Junglejayne » Sun May 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Vicks wrote:I loved the look on Paul Burrell's face, when he wasn't allowed into the church.

:yikes: :yikes: Was he there? I missed it, what happened?
Junglejayne

Postby jra » Sun May 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Vicks wrote:I loved the look on Paul Burrell's face, when he wasn't allowed into the church.

Has his meal ticket or leech privileges expired?
jra

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun May 20, 2018 5:15 pm

I made a post about him on DS (a long time ago) a friend of mine knew him quite well

months later I got an email from DS saying a post had been removed, it was that one, he must comb through social media for anything potentially litigious - the annoying thing was that it was true
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Nothing, neither were any of mine yet they descended like piranhas. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby charlie » Sun May 20, 2018 5:23 pm

I enjoyed it (in some parts) yesterday as I thought it was the least stuffiest royal wedding that I've ever seen broadcast.

Despite all the traditionalist pomp and circumstance surrounding royal weddings - it strove away from the norm in parts with celebrating Meghan's cultural heritage.

Not sure what her Maj actually thought of it all though - and in particular the most culturally sensitive royal of them all, Philip! :laughing:
charlie

Postby Stooo » Sun May 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Nothing, neither were any of mine yet they descended like piranhas. :dunno:

Snowflake... :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms