Will You Be Flying The Flag......

A right load of bollocks...

Will You Be Flying The Flag......

Postby Mickyboy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 am

Police have advised people not to fly the flag of St George for this years world cup as it could be seen as imperialistic or antagonistic......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tolen.html

I'll wear my England shirt with pride whenever we play, but personally I think that seeing a house festooned with flags is a tad chavvy, but it's all down to personal choice, and I'll defend someone all the way to have that choice, and I know that certain people will thinks it's racist etc, but that's bullshit, bcos it's called being patriotic......
Mickyboy

Re: Will You Be Flying The Flag......

Postby Gabby » Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 am

Yes, if I had a flag I would fly it, ‘when in Rome’ and all that.... :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Dean » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 am

Mickyboy wrote:Police have advised people not to fly the flag of St George for this years world cup as it could be seen as imperialistic or antagonistic......

I'll wear my England shirt with pride whenever we play, but personally I think that seeing a house festooned with flags is a tad chavvy, but it's all down to personal choice, and I'll defend someone all the way to have that choice, and I know that certain people will thinks it's racist etc, but that's bullshit, bcos it's called being patriotic......

Are you going to Russia then? :dunno:
Dean

Postby Mickyboy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:12 am

Gabby wrote:Yes, if I had a flag I would fly it, ‘when in Rome’ and all that.... :thumbsup:

I've no doubt they'll all be on sale at your local market Gabs, and if we get to the knockout stages (I wont hold my breath on that one) it will bring a feel good feeling back to this country amidst all the madness....... :hap:
Mickyboy

Postby Mickyboy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:12 am

Dean wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:Police have advised people not to fly the flag of St George for this years world cup as it could be seen as imperialistic or antagonistic......

No......
Mickyboy

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 10:13 am

It’s only in this country we have this it’s chavvy bullshit to be patriotic. So many countries in Europe and around the world have patriotism but we slag people off here for it. Crazy.

Postby Dean » Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 am

Mickyboy wrote:
Dean wrote:

No......

The article you posted talks about flying the flag in Russia at the World Cup...
Dean

Postby Mickyboy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:16 am

Dean wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:
Dean wrote:

No......

The article you posted talks about flying the flag in Russia at the World Cup...

The sentiment extends here though imo......
Mickyboy

Postby Mickyboy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 am

Guest wrote:

It’s only in this country we have this it’s chavvy bullshit to be patriotic. So many countries in Europe and around the world have patriotism but we slag people off here for it. Crazy.

I used to have a couple of flags on display where I used to live in North London, but I wouldn't cover a house in flags, just my personal opinion.......
Mickyboy

Postby Dean » Wed May 16, 2018 10:19 am

Mickyboy wrote:
Dean wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:
Dean wrote:

No......

The sentiment extends here though imo......

So are police advising people not to fly the flag here in our own country, England?

Or was your op misleading?
Dean

Postby Dean » Wed May 16, 2018 10:20 am

Mickyboy wrote:
Guest wrote:

I used to have a couple of flags on display where I used to live in North London, but I wouldn't cover a house in flags, just my personal opinion.......

You don’t have a house to cover Michael, so it’s a moot point. I don’t think your hostel will allow you to cover it with flags...
Dean

Postby Vicky » Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 am

My Argentina shirt arrived today.

With no Scotland to support, I'm hoping Argentina win.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Jem » Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 am

Vicks wrote:My Argentina shirt arrived today.

:snooty:
Jem

Postby Dean » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 am

Vicks wrote:My Argentina shirt arrived today.

I own an Argentina shirt too.
Dean

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 am

I love chimichurri so Argentina seems a good choice
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms