Do You Like A Drink.......

A right load of bollocks...

Do You Like A Drink.......

Postby Mickyboy » Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am

I suppose the second part of my question would be, do you think you drink too much........

I've not had a drink for nearly a month bcos I've been trying to save money for my move, and also I just haven't felt like it but I have to say I feel much better for it and as a bonus my stomachs deflated again like when I was in Holland, bcos out there I just didn't find a beer I like so just had the occasional half and then mainly drank spirits but not to excess, but I feel in good shape again now.....

So do you like a drink and if so do you think you drink too much, or are you not fussed and just drink bcos you like it.........
Mickyboy

Re: Do You Like A Drink.......

Postby Kat » Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 am

I used to like a drink on holiday I drink but if I go it for a meal etc i normally just have one or 2 in fact last week at cricket i got offered drinks but wasn't bothered .last drink i had was pink gin think ripple last week with some girlfriend chilling
Kat

Postby Mickyboy » Fri May 18, 2018 9:47 am

Kat wrote:I used to like a drink on holiday I drink but if I go it for a meal etc i normally just have one or 2 in fact last week at cricket i got offered drinks but wasn't bothered .last drink i had was pink gin think ripple last week with some girlfriend chilling

I think alcohol can be a good thing in moderation Kat bcos it can calm you down if you're stressed, but it's also well known as a depressant and too much alcohol often leads to violence bcos our inhibitions become much lower, but other times it's just a nice social activity that brings people together, a bit like to community or estate pub, but that's another topic, bcos some pubs are very nice, cosy. welcoming and friendly, but some pubs are absolute shitholes, but it's all about where you set your standards, and the same can be said with alcohol, so you can either be a responsible drinker, which I like to think I am, so I stop when I feel I've had enough, or you get those people who drink to excess then want to fight the world, which is obviously the unpleasant side of alcohol, but I'd love to get your thought's guys........
Mickyboy

Postby NastyNickers » Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 am

I stopped drinking for 4 years. I’ve started having the odd night recently, I could count the times on one hand though (not the one I broke drinking recently either :mrgreen: ).
I went through a rough few years. My brother died when he was 21. I went out to meet with family between his death and funeral and got legless, cried more than I’ve ever cried before and lost what little grip on my emotions I had. So I decided I wasn’t drinking again. I needed to be in control and so was born my control issues.

I’m steady enough emotionally/meantally now to be able to enjoy a fit of a drink again.

/sombre
NastyNickers

Postby Mickyboy » Fri May 18, 2018 10:10 am

NastyNickers wrote:I stopped drinking for 4 years. I’ve started having the odd night recently, I could count the times on one hand though (not the one I broke drinking recently either :mrgreen: ).
I went through a rough few years. My brother died when he was 21. I went out to meet with family between his death and funeral and got legless, cried more than I’ve ever cried before and lost what little grip on my emotions I had. So I decided I wasn’t drinking again. I needed to be in control and so was born my control issues.

I’m steady enough emotionally/meantally now to be able to enjoy a fit of a drink again.

/sombre

Well done NN, it's good to read that you're in charge of the drink and not the other way round........... :thumbsup:
Mickyboy

Postby NastyNickers » Fri May 18, 2018 10:19 am

Mickyboy wrote:
Well done NN, it's good to read that you're in charge of the drink and not the other way round........... :thumbsup:

I think I had a moment where I could have swung either way. But I didn’t.
I grew up with an alcoholic Nan though, so I’ve seen what it does. And she was bloody terrifying.
NastyNickers

Postby Mickyboy » Fri May 18, 2018 10:25 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:

I grew up with an alcoholic Nan though, so I’ve seen what it does. And she was bloody terrifying.

I can imagine NN, and my former stepson could be like that, bcos if he stuck to just lager he was fine and his demeanour never changed, fun and jovial, but if he got stuck into spirits he'd turn on a sixpence and he became an absolute demon, very scary and often accompanied with a joint....... :yikes: , but it's behaviour like that and your nan that's obviously an object lesson, but I'm glad you're ok mate........ :thumbsup:
Mickyboy

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 10:56 am

Yeah I like having a drink but not too much, as most I might have a couple of glasses of wine or a couple of pints at the weekend but I don't really like having too much. I know what its like LOL and i wouldn't want to do it again though i probably will but that is only on special occasions

Postby Dean » Fri May 18, 2018 11:04 am

I like beer...
Dean

Postby Rockstar » Fri May 18, 2018 11:06 am

Mickyboy wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:

I can imagine NN, and my former stepson could be like that, bcos if he stuck to just lager he was fine and his demeanour never changed, fun and jovial, but if he got stuck into spirits he'd turn on a sixpence and he became an absolute demon, very scary and often accompanied with a joint....... :yikes: , but it's behaviour like that and your nan that's obviously an object lesson, but I'm glad you're ok mate........ :thumbsup:

Oh dear...More digs about June's son.... :shake head: :off head:

I hope to fuck she logs in here and sets the record straight.... :thumbsup:
Rockstar

Postby Mickyboy » Fri May 18, 2018 11:07 am

Rockstar wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:

Oh dear...More digs about June's son.... :shake head: :off head:

I hope to fuck she logs in here and sets the record straight.... :thumbsup:

You know fuck all about it ratboy so keep your nasty neb out........
Mickyboy

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 18, 2018 11:09 am

Yes but I’m wary of those who drink too much.
Feeling a bit tipsy is nice, drunks are unpleasant.
Lady Murasaki

Postby dis » Fri May 18, 2018 11:13 am

I do, but for health reasons I only have white wine spritzers now, or vodka or gin and tonic with loads of tonic and very little alcohol. I feel so terrible after drinking even 2 glasses of straight wine that it's just not worth it anymore. I have a family wedding coming up with the inlaws, so I don't know how I will cope with that I usually need a fair whack of drink in me to be able to tolerate them :bawlin:
dis

Postby Rockstar » Fri May 18, 2018 11:19 am

Mickyboy wrote:
You know fuck all about it ratboy so keep your nasty neb out........

I'm very close to wishing a fucking bag of cocaine explodes inside your rectum....So tread very carefully you oxygen thief....
Rockstar

Postby Mickyboy » Fri May 18, 2018 11:19 am

dis wrote:I do, but for health reasons I only have white wine spritzers now, or vodka or gin and tonic with loads of tonic and very little alcohol. I feel so terrible after drinking even 2 glasses of straight wine that it's just not worth it anymore. I have a family wedding coming up with the inlaws, so I don't know how I will cope with that I usually need a fair whack of drink in me to be able to tolerate them :bawlin:

It's a pity there isn't a PM facility on here dis, bcos I'd like to tell you a similar story but no doubt the trolls would have a field day, but maybe another time.......
Mickyboy

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms