Do You Like A Drink.......

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Do You Like A Drink.......

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Do you ever look back and think it all happened for a reason? The fact you survived such a bad accident must make you wonder.

I do actually. I wasn't wearing a seat belt either and bad as the accident was and such a mess was the car, I suffered very few injuries just some minor cuts from broken glass and a stiff neck.

The ambulance guys did me a big favour, they told me to let them put a collar round my neck so the police couldn't breathalyse me on the spot. I was taken to hospital and waited under guard for almost 5 hours before a doctor arrived to take blood samples, by which time my alcohol levels had dropped significantly. That paid dividends for me later on.

Sounds like the bad experience turned into a very lucky one in some ways. That’s usually the way isn’t it? Once you realise you’re lucky to be alive you can see the other positives.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Dimples wrote:Yes. :cheers:

(Sorry Rocky - I know you don't really approve... ) :wubbers:

I like cheese too. :grub:

I could have referred you to my signature.... :shame:

What did it say? :Wiiiine!:

Alcohol is a perfect solvent...It dissolves marriages, families and careers. :snooty:

And livers.
McAz

Postby Dimples » Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Alcohol is a perfect solvent...It dissolves marriages, families and careers. :snooty:

Ewww! Controversial. Not entirely untrue, of course - but not inevitable.

Here's a topical question for you though... how do Muslims living in Alaska or Finland cope with Ramadan when it occurs during the summer months when they have more or less 24 hours of daylight? :ooer:
Dimples

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Well I hope you didn’t think you were better off high, people always think they’re perfectly fine when high/drunk, because the drug is clouding their judgement so much.
I knew a guy who thought he was superman when drunk and got into fights all the time, despite being very polite and soft spoken when sober.

I didn't think at all, more's the pity - everything's a laugh when you're young, until it isn't.

You don’t know the risks or the consequences when you’re younger.

Self-centredness - still a problem for some adults.

Yeah but how long can they go on like that? There come a point where you have to learn the lessons of risk taking.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Dimples wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Here's a topical question for you though... how do Muslims living in Alaska or Finland cope with Ramadan when it occurs during the summer months when they have more or less 24 hours of daylight? :ooer:

They move. :gigglesnshit:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Fri May 18, 2018 11:35 pm

When it happened to me alcohol was more the issue regarding driving, drugs didn't get much of a mention then, this was at the the turn of 1998/99.

The course I went on to get three months off my ban was quite good really, we were told that alcohol was a suppressant. Some other idiots on the course said that they were always happy when drinking.

After explaining to them the difference between suppressant and depressant the person taking the course said alcohol suppresses the body's natural function to stop you being a complete twat and doing things you wouldn't dream of when not drinking. Thats 100% correct.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Dean » Fri May 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Trapper John wrote:When it happened to me alcohol was more the issue regarding driving, drugs didn't get much of a mention then, this was at the the turn of 1998/99.

The course I went on to get three months off my ban was quite good really, we were told that alcohol was a suppressant. Some other idiots on the course said that they were always happy when drinking.

After explaining to them the difference between suppressant and depressant the person taking the course said alcohol suppresses the body's natural function to stop you being a complete twat and doing things you wouldn't dream of when not drinking. Thats 100% correct.

Acquarius course?
Dean

Postby Rockstar » Fri May 18, 2018 11:41 pm

Dimples wrote:

What Lady Murasaki said. :gigglesnshit:

My cousin has a hard time in Germany as well....Sunset at around 8 30...Fajr around 3.30 am/4 am....He doesn't know when to eat efficiently.... :pmsl:
Rockstar

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Trapper John wrote:When it happened to me alcohol was more the issue regarding driving, drugs didn't get much of a mention then, this was at the the turn of 1998/99.

Did you find it easy to stop drinking so much? What helped?
You don’t have to answer obvs.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Dimples » Fri May 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Dimples wrote:

My cousin has a hard time in Germany as well....Sunset at around 8 30...Fajr around 3.30 am/4 am....He doesn't know when to eat efficiently.... :pmsl:

Yes, already here in Scotland it's still semi-daylight after 10pm, with about 5 weeks still to go until the summer solstice... and it will be getting light again in three hours from now. :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Have you been fasting since childhood? How old were you when you started?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Dean wrote:

Acquarius course?

I can't remember what it was named, just that I had to walk fucking miles to get to the place they held the thing and be there by 8:30pm for two hours every Tuesday night for I think 6 weeks in all and then walk home again, it was a right cunt.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri May 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Did you find it easy to stop drinking so much? What helped?
You don’t have to answer obvs.

Not really, it's quite a long drawn out story if I explained the reasons. I got nicked again though 3 days before my ban was up, for driving whilst disqualified and being uninsured. Fortunately I had made up a story the three Magistrates swallowed, whilst the CPS brief went :roll:

The upshot was they didn't extend my ban but fined me £500 and gave me 6 points on my nice new licence. I stopped drinking after that really, when something personal happened to change my outlook on life.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Rockstar » Sat May 19, 2018 12:09 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Have you been fasting since childhood? How old were you when you started?

Around the age of 11-12 years IIRC....
Rockstar

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat May 19, 2018 12:10 am

TJ,
An epiphany or a disaster?
You’re really baring your soul tonight TJ, is it because of your avi?
Last edited by Lady Murasaki on Sat May 19, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms