Wedding Woes.

A right load of bollocks...

Wedding Woes.

Postby Vicky » Fri May 18, 2018 10:18 am

With Harry and Meghan tying the knot tomorrow and what with all the trouble some of Meghan's family are causing..

I was wondering if anyone here has ever been to wedding, that didn't go to plan or sticks out for the wrong reasons?

My dad's youngest brother's wedding is remembered for the bestman having black eyes after getting on the wrong side of my Granny.

The night before the wedding, he got incredibly drunk and started being obnoxious to everyone.

The final straw was when, he reduced his sister (The Bride) to tears and my Granny snapped and hit him.

My Granny was sixteen stone and didn't suffer fools gladly.
Vicky

Re: Wedding Woes.

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 11:17 am

Vicks wrote:With Harry and Meghan tying the knot tomorrow and what with all the trouble some of Meghan's family are causing..

I was wondering if anyone here has ever been to wedding, that didn't go to plan or sticks out for the wrong reasons?

My dad's youngest brother's wedding is remembered for the bestman having black eyes after getting on the wrong side of my Granny.

The night before the wedding, he got incredibly drunk and started being obnoxious to everyone.

The final straw was when, he reduced his sister (The Bride) to tears and my Granny snapped and hit him.

My Granny was sixteen stone and didn't suffer fools gladly.

Not really sure physical violence is a something to be proud of. Seems all a bit chavvy to me.

I know people may like the fact a gran hit some rude bloke but what if it was the bride or bridesmaid being rude. would you think it fine if some big old bloke punched them in the face because they didn’t suffer fools?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 18, 2018 11:25 am

At one point I was going to a wedding every month for years, so yes, seen and been (inadvertently) a part of many ‘disasters.’
I once tried to help a couple of blokes struggling to move the wedding cake because an arch of balloons were in the way, everyone just sat watching them struggle so I got up to hold the balloons out of the way. But, they were so taken aback that someone got up to help they dropped the flipping cake. Guess who my family blamed/teased for it?

Btw, that marriage didn’t last. Not my fault.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Helena » Fri May 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Minor one for me - the best man was doing the speech and congratulated the bride and groom, but said the ex husbands name instead of the "new" one :yikes:
Helena

Postby Mickyboy » Fri May 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Helena wrote:Minor one for me - the best man was doing the speech and congratulated the bride and groom, but said the ex husbands name instead of the "new" one :yikes:

I've been to one of those and one sharp intake of breath later lol............ :gigglesnshit:
Mickyboy

Postby Vicky » Fri May 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Helena wrote:Minor one for me - the best man was doing the speech and congratulated the bride and groom, but said the ex husbands name instead of the "new" one :yikes:

My cousin was at a wedding with his wife and when the bride got to the altar, she turned round and said "I would like to say a few words"

"Thanks to everyone for coming today and thanks to my chief bridesmaid and the groom for sleeping with each other last week, I hope you'll both be very happy together'' then walked out the church.
Vicky

Postby Helena » Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Vicks wrote:

My cousin was at a wedding with his wife and when the bride got to the altar, she turned round and said "I would like to say a few words"

"Thanks to everyone for coming today and thanks to my chief bridesmaid and the groom for sleeping with each other last week, I hope you'll both be very happy together'' then walked out the church.

I bloody LOVE that!

It reminds me of when I was stood in a queue in a coffee bar - a woman came in and emptied a black bag of dirty washing onto the floor in front of the till and told the girl "if you are shagging him you can wash his shitty knickers too" :ooer:
Helena

Postby malamute » Fri May 18, 2018 1:59 pm

my friend fainted at her own church wedding. She just fell forwards in a heap at the altar. All these years later and she can still laugh about it.
malamute

Postby malamute » Fri May 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Helena wrote:
Vicks wrote:

I bloody LOVE that!

It reminds me of when I was stood in a queue in a coffee bar - a woman came in and emptied a black bag of dirty washing onto the floor in front of the till and told the girl "if you are shagging him you can wash his shitty knickers too" :ooer:

We should have a “revenge” thread. My hubby and I were out for a walk one day alongside a small railway line. A woman came along with a big pile of papers and a large staplegun. We thought she was putting up posters about a missing dog!

As we carried on we noticed that every post or fence we came to she had put up posters with a photo of her husband and his name and a photo of the woman he was shagging with her name, phone number and address and where she worked. She wrote she was now welcome to him and advising other women that when she tired of him she might well be after their husbands.
malamute

Postby Junglejayne » Fri May 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Vicks wrote:

:yikes:

In this case revenge was sweet :yess:
Junglejayne

Postby Vicky » Fri May 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Vicks wrote:

:yikes:

In this case revenge was sweet :yess:

Aye that was a cracker, Jayne.

:laughing:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri May 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Helena wrote:
Vicks wrote:

I bloody LOVE that!

That's a belter Helena, I wish I could have seen the woman's face.

:laughing:
Vicky

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms