Do You Have The Capacity To Forgive Anything?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Do You Have The Capacity To Forgive Anything?

Postby jra » Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 am

I forgive most things eventually, but there are a few 'memories fade but the scars still linger'. That's a lyric from Tears For Fears.
jra

Postby Nucks » Mon May 21, 2018 4:27 am

jra wrote:I forgive most things eventually, but there are a few 'memories fade but the scars still linger'. That's a lyric from Tears For Fears.

Sometimes a cut can run too deep.

For a while I thought forgiveness meant you were giving the wrongdoer a pass for what they did. But it’s more about peace of mind for yourself and letting go of feelings that might otherwise eat you up. Carrying hatred around is allowing that other person to have control over you. It can take a long time to get there for some grievances though.
Nucks

Postby jra » Mon May 21, 2018 4:49 am

Nucks wrote:
jra wrote:I forgive most things eventually, but there are a few 'memories fade but the scars still linger'. That's a lyric from Tears For Fears.

Sometimes a cut can run too deep.

For a while I thought forgiveness meant you were giving the wrongdoer a pass for what they did. But it’s more about peace of mind for yourself and letting go of feelings that might otherwise eat you up. Carrying hatred around is allowing that other person to have control over you. It can take a long time to get there for some grievances though.

Very true Nucks. I've had some really bad shit happen in my life, but you have to just deal with it (in your own way, and everybody is different) and move on/get on with life, otherwise you'll just self-destruct.
jra

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms