Veggie/Vegan v Carnivore

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Veggie/Vegan v Carnivore

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 21, 2018 5:14 am

Guest wrote:
Keyser wrote:As I say TJ you seem like an intelligent bloke - look up E.O. Wilson and what he has written on more efficient ways of agriculture. :thumbsup:

Intelligent?

Sure. He can copy and paste. He can deliver papers. He can write lots of words. He can semi-articulate his racism.

He must be as intelligent as you Keyser dear.

So that's four things I can do better than you, wanna go for half a dozen?

PS. When I C&P I always enclose it in quotes, check it out - it would be a good use of your time and limited intelligence. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 21, 2018 5:52 am

Personally I've never been accosted by the meat is murder brigade, vegetarians or vegans or had anyone attempt to convert me or tell me I'm wrong to eat meat.

I have seen and heard quite extreme views expressed by some though, some stating that man was never supposed to eat meat, that it's a cultural thing and not what nature intended for us. I'm no expert but I can't see that really from what I know, we seem perfectly adapted to be omnivores.

Our teeth are a big clue, we have molars for grinding, canines and incisors for cutting and tearing, we are kitted out for the best of both worlds. Whether we eat too much meat or more than we need to is a whole other question, science seems to agree a balanced diet is best so it's up to us to balance it.

Even today, Chimpanzees balance their mainly vegetarian diet with meat, something which was discovered only relatively recently when they were filmed chasing and killing small monkey's, the meat is prized by the troop which suggests they'd eat more if they could.

Herbivores tend to have teeth which facilitate their best way of coping with their diet, cows and many others for instance have no top front teeth at all, their hardened gum allows for their bottom teeth to rip 'stuff' from the ground by it's roots. The rest of the teeth are grinding molars which they need to cope with tough foodstuffs. The horse family are probably a notable exception but that might be to do with the fact they need to bite when fighting for whatever, cows, sheep etc. don't do that.

So I think meat is an integral part of the human diet, ounce for ounce it's the most efficient way of obtaining protein and like Jack, I can't see it changing any time soon.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Kizzie » Mon May 21, 2018 5:53 am

The red juices that come out of meat taste nothing like blood. Blood has a metallic taste and I've never noticed the same taste from a rare steak.

Without breeding animals, then the earth would be even more nutrient deficient than it is now, at the moment its because it's over farmed and undernourished. Plants thrive on animal waste, humans and other animals thrive on the animals that eat the plants that feed on the animal waste.

It's a perfect system and we are fucking it all up. feeding animals grain and not letting them eat what they were intended to eat. growing the grain where we could be letting the animals eat their natural diet. its a mad old world for sure.
Kizzie

Postby Kizzie » Mon May 21, 2018 5:55 am

Also just as many animals and other life form are killed to grow plant-based food.
Kizzie

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 21, 2018 6:04 am

Kizzie wrote:The red juices that come out of meat taste nothing like blood. Blood has a metallic taste and I've never noticed the same taste from a rare steak.

Without breeding animals, then the earth would be even more nutrient deficient than it is now, at the moment its because it's over farmed and undernourished. Plants thrive on animal waste, humans and other animals thrive on the animals that eat the plants that feed on the animal waste.

It's a perfect system and we are fucking it all up. feeding animals grain and not letting them eat what they were intended to eat. growing the grain where we could be letting the animals eat their natural diet. its a mad old world for sure.

Yeah, I agree with the fucking our planet up for sure.

On the juices/blood subject, we covered this earlier but have you ever sucked a steak or other piece of raw meat? not cooked at all, even very rare - completely uncooked, never been near heat whatsoever? - the myoglobin in the tissue is iron based as is the haemoglobin in blood, it's what gives both their metallic taste.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vam » Mon May 21, 2018 9:34 am

I love fresh veg and all manner of good stuff like that.

But it's hard to beat a good cut of expertly cooked ... 'bleu' :grub:
Vam

Postby Kizzie » Tue May 22, 2018 8:03 am

Trapper John wrote:
Kizzie wrote:The red juices that come out of meat taste nothing like blood. Blood has a metallic taste and I've never noticed the same taste from a rare steak.

Yeah, I agree with the fucking our planet up for sure.

On the juices/blood subject, we covered this earlier but have you ever sucked a steak or other piece of raw meat? not cooked at all, even very rare - completely uncooked, never been near heat whatsoever? - the myoglobin in the tissue is iron based as is the haemoglobin in blood, it's what gives both their metallic taste.

I will try it the next steak I have. I only show it a hot pan for a couple of seconds anyway but will eat some raw

Here is a great clip from an ex-vegan who decided to grow her own food and found out what plants need to survive and it made her see the truth of it.. its only a few minutes but worth watching.

phpBB [video]
Kizzie

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms