What you up to today? part 2

Big Threads

Re: What you up to today? part 2

Postby measurer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 pm

Aye, the mark ups are bad on soft drinks, certainly doesn't encourage people to come out. I have paid London prices but I drank then, plus I always felt it a rip-off down there with a fifth of a gill - up here we do 1/4 gills! (Though some poncey bars do up the price, but still a good lot of 1/4 gill places to be found. No doubt Budge knew where they where)!
measurer

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:12 pm

measurer wrote:Aye, the mark ups are bad on soft drinks, certainly doesn't encourage people to come out. I have paid London prices but I drank then, plus I always felt it a rip-off down there with a fifth of a gill - up here we do 1/4 gills! (Though some poncey bars do up the price, but still a good lot of 1/4 gill places to be found. No doubt Budge knew where they where)!

Indeed, you get far better measures than we do for sure.

And apart from pints I cannot recall what shorts Budgie likes?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rockstar » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Nucks wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:Defrosted the freezer, long overdue, and painted part of the kitchen. The previous colour was sunflower yellow, which is a very marmite thing, either love it or not. After 9 years, it became not. :gigglesnshit: New colour is a medium grey.

Which is everyone copying me?? :grrrrr: :grrrrr:

We did Tiara 0978 in living room..And smoky grey 9458 in the bedroom!

:mrgreen:

We have 2-tone grey on our front room, and the corridor, stairway and upstairs hall will eventually also be grey with wood effect wallpaper on the lower half.

I’m also trying to paint the yellow kitchen tiles white but it’s a PITA. :woteva:

Someone is smitten with 50 shades of GREY :pmsl:

I didn't know you could paint over tiles...
Rockstar

Postby MG2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Nucks wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:Defrosted the freezer, long overdue, and painted part of the kitchen. The previous colour was sunflower yellow, which is a very marmite thing, either love it or not. After 9 years, it became not. :gigglesnshit: New colour is a medium grey.

Which is everyone copying me?? :grrrrr: :grrrrr:

We did Tiara 0978 in living room..And smoky grey 9458 in the bedroom!

:mrgreen:

We have 2-tone grey on our front room, and the corridor, stairway and upstairs hall will eventually also be grey with wood effect wallpaper on the lower half.

I’m also trying to paint the yellow kitchen tiles white but it’s a PITA. :woteva:

Let me know if you get a decent result please? I don't fancy doing a LM and hacking them away.
MG2

Postby measurer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:29 pm

LordRaven wrote:
measurer wrote:Aye, the mark ups are bad on soft drinks, certainly doesn't encourage people to come out. I have paid London prices but I drank then, plus I always felt it a rip-off down there with a fifth of a gill - up here we do 1/4 gills! (Though some poncey bars do up the price, but still a good lot of 1/4 gill places to be found. No doubt Budge knew where they where)!

Tight ones I'd assume.... :gigglesnshit:
measurer

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:33 pm

measurer wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

No, we were all quite generous in as much as we either took turns in buying rounds or we had a kitty.

I recall not being allowed in clubs because one member of our party was totally rubbered :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dogs Supporter » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:34 pm

measurer wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Yes, tight ones with a pair of size 12 socks pushed down the front to save embarassment. :gigglesnshit:

Just joking Budgie my my man/bird. :pmsl:

Sorry Budgie, I was only joking as I don't want to end up on the wrong side of you. :thumbsup:
Dogs Supporter

Postby measurer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 pm

LordRaven wrote:
measurer wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

No, we were all quite generous in as much as we either took turns in buying rounds or we had a kitty.

I recall not being allowed in clubs because one member of our party was totally rubbered :gigglesnshit:

LMAO! I meant shorts on women! DS got it.
measurer

Postby measurer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:43 pm

You can buy tile paint and it works well. Maybe LM wants to replaster her walls or she was just fed up with the ones she had up? :dunno:
measurer

Postby MG2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:01 pm

measurer wrote:You can buy tile paint and it works well. Maybe LM wants to replaster her walls or she was just fed up with the ones she had up? :dunno:

Probably doing the whole tile job from scratch is going to look best but a stop gap would be welcome. I will look up the paint, thanks!
MG2

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:01 pm

measurer wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
measurer wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

LMAO! I meant shorts on women! DS got it.

Ah!!! Budgie Smugglers :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:07 pm

I'm actually in work at the moment. However I thought I'd surprise one of my brothers and sent him two airline tickets to come out and visit us in the US, he's bought his girlfriend with him(they have a strange relationship) and they are staying at the summer house.
I gave him a loaded visa card to use for his stay to buy themselves food and drink when they were out. He's been here for 8 days, and asked me to refill the card lol. The bastard racked up one bill alone for over $2500, drinking Champers at a local (very expensive) Restaurant. On a single night out, I don't mind him doing it tbh I've stuck more cash on the card and I can afford it. I just found it amusing when posters were complaining about spending 11.99 on a beer.
I don't see my brother that often as I rarely travel to the UK now. So it's nice to have him here. But I kind of get the impression that because I have money I should look after him.
He lives rent free in one of my properties I own in England by the way. It could make an interesting thread on how much you should help out family members.

Postby Goodwife » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:11 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I was up in Covent Garden meeting a Spanish lady friend of mine who'd flown in for a shopping trip, taking advantage of the weak pound no doubt. Tourism is undoubtedly alive and well given all the different nationalities we encountered in all the bars we went into.

I ventured into quite a few bars I had never visited before and all of them were rammed with people from all over the planet but the drinks are so expensive, clearly taking advantage of their tourist trap status.

London clearly continues to be a great tourist destination and long may it continue to be post-Brexit.

I was horrified at London prices whilst visiting last week. Only tourists and those with plenty of money would be able to frequent the bars and restaurants we visited.

I know, it is not a place to visit regularly. I paid £11.99 for one pint and a glass of wine at the balcony bar in the Punch and Judy --and the pint was in a poxy plastic glass! I guess they think people with pint glasses will lob them over the balcony at the street entertainers? Whereas people who drink wine can be trusted with a proper glass.

I thought you paid £11.99 for just the pint then :yikes: not been there before

My fav london pub is moon under water in Leicester square. Its a wetherspoons and so is always well priced. I generally go to the theatre when I go for pleasure so being around that location it suits. There are a few bars round and about I like inc the slug and lettuce for cocktails. Buy one get one free last time I was there :mrgreen:
Goodwife

Postby dis » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Goodwife wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I was up in Covent Garden meeting a Spanish lady friend of mine who'd flown in for a shopping trip, taking advantage of the weak pound no doubt. Tourism is undoubtedly alive and well given all the different nationalities we encountered in all the bars we went into.

I ventured into quite a few bars I had never visited before and all of them were rammed with people from all over the planet but the drinks are so expensive, clearly taking advantage of their tourist trap status.

London clearly continues to be a great tourist destination and long may it continue to be post-Brexit.

I was horrified at London prices whilst visiting last week. Only tourists and those with plenty of money would be able to frequent the bars and restaurants we visited.

I know, it is not a place to visit regularly. I paid £11.99 for one pint and a glass of wine at the balcony bar in the Punch and Judy --and the pint was in a poxy plastic glass! I guess they think people with pint glasses will lob them over the balcony at the street entertainers? Whereas people who drink wine can be trusted with a proper glass.

I thought you paid £11.99 for just the pint then :yikes: not been there before

My fav london pub is moon under water in Leicester square. Its a wetherspoons and so is always well priced. I generally go to the theatre when I go for pleasure so being around that location it suits. There are a few bars round and about I like inc the slug and lettuce for cocktails. Buy one get one free last time I was there :mrgreen:

Slug and lettuce cocktails sound brutal. :pukeup:
dis

Postby Goodwife » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Guest wrote:I'm actually in work at the moment. However I thought I'd surprise one of my brothers and sent him two airline tickets to come out and visit us in the US, he's bought his girlfriend with him(they have a strange relationship) and they are staying at the summer house.
I gave him a loaded visa card to use for his stay to buy themselves food and drink when they were out. He's been here for 8 days, and asked me to refill the card lol. The bastard racked up one bill alone for over $2500, drinking Champers at a local (very expensive) Restaurant. On a single night out, I don't mind him doing it tbh I've stuck more cash on the card and I can afford it. I just found it amusing when posters were complaining about spending 11.99 on a beer.
I don't see my brother that often as I rarely travel to the UK now. So it's nice to have him here. But I kind of get the impression that because I have money I should look after him.
He lives rent free in one of my properties I own in England by the way. It could make an interesting thread on how much you should help out family members.

Is it in sevenoaks?
Goodwife

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive