What happened To Retail?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What happened To Retail?

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:When I left school you could have ambitions to open a butchers a bakers a hardware shop shoe shop newsagents garage repairs and stuff.
Not anymore.
Parking near shops anywhere and everywhere is a pain in the arse too.
World used to be full of antique shops but they seem to have gone as well now.
Pubs closing post offices closing banks closing newsagents closing shoe shops closing butchers and bakers going there isn't going to be much left before long.
Seems odd that in my lifetime the high st in many places will be a memory to tell the grandchildren about.

i wonder how long big retail will reign before something collapses and high street shops appear again.

I can't see how Amazon's business model
(for example) is sustainable over the long term and for how long they can carry a loss.

My local high street is in rude health and I hope there will be a resurgence of the fortunes of the high street in the next decade. The problem is commercial rent rates rather than consumer demand in my opinion. Sort those out and the local economy will flourish again.

I can tell you how we could make it a lot harder for online giants like Amazon and for lazy fuckers who won't get off their arse to go to the shops, charge your neighbours £2 every time some cunt knocks on your door with a parcel for them. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: What happened To Retail?

Postby McAz » Wed May 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Trapper John wrote:I can tell you how we could make it a lot harder for online giants like Amazon and for lazy fuckers who won't get off their arse to go to the shops, charge your neighbours £2 every time some cunt knocks on your door with a parcel for them. :thumbsup:

Absolutely - how fucking annoying is that time after time - especially as my two dogs go mental at the slightest knock.
McAz

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms