Dog's Football Thread #8

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dog's Football Thread #8

Postby Rockstar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Stooo wrote:
Punk wrote:
How did you possibly guess that would happen? :leer: How many days was it?

I get a bit suspicious when people who know me start to like me again. Like Fen, I suspect a sinister motive...

Conspiracy theory alert.
Rockstar

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Punk wrote:

I get a bit suspicious when people who know me start to like me again. Like Fen, I suspect a sinister motive...

Conspiracy theory alert.

I'm just used to it mate. Happy Eid btw :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rockstar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Punk wrote:

Conspiracy theory alert.

I'm just used to it mate. Happy Eid btw :thumbsup:

Thanks. :cuppaT:
Rockstar

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 pm

VelvetCat wrote:
Punk wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:I could learn to like football

There are some quite yummy footballers tbh Hobbit, and shorts have been getting tighter as well...!

Not as tight as the late 80s though.

No, those were the days, Bryan Robson in tight shorts... I feel a hot flush starting!

Sage tablets or Black Cohosh Root might help you with that. :thumbsup:

Postby banana chewits » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Guest wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:
Punk wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:I could learn to like football

There are some quite yummy footballers tbh Hobbit, and shorts have been getting tighter as well...!

Not as tight as the late 80s though.

No, those were the days, Bryan Robson in tight shorts... I feel a hot flush starting!

Sage tablets or Black Cohosh Root might help you with that. :thumbsup:

aussie rules football might help.
banana chewits

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:51 am

VelvetCat wrote:
Dean wrote:Arsenal V Man City first game of next season...

I was sooo hoping Wolves would get them! Man City that is!

It really hit me today we were relegated when the fixtures came out. For the first time in 8 years, I wasn't up at 9am to see the fixtures announced. It felt strange, very strange.

Still we have the fixtures to look forward to next Thursday and the 1at round of the League Cup (sorry I refuse to call it by its new name) is announced at 10.45pm (our time) from Vietnam.

As we finished bottom of the Premier League, we will have to play in the 1st round.

@Dean, saw your comment about Hallie in the other thread, she's definitely a Baggies fan! She's got a onesie in the club colours already!

Then people really would suspect a conspiracy seeing as City's opening game last season was newly promoted Brighton, after which took them on a lengthy winning run.

Lets hope we can show them it won't be so easy this season.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:01 am

Arsenal are top of the Premier league again - strange that we always start well just after the new fixtures are announced. :dunno:

PS. No-one takes any notice of AFC Bournemouth, they are just Bournemouth :snooty:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Punk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:23 am

Trapper John wrote:Arsenal are top of the Premier league again - strange that we always start well just after the new fixtures are announced. :dunno:

PS. No-one takes any notice of AFC Bournemouth, they are just Bournemouth :snooty:

AFC Sunderland had the same issue.
Punk

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:41 am

Bloody hell, it's hard to keep up with my Arsenal closed season going ons. :yikes:

What with the world cup and the new Arsenal management/ transfer committee seemingly running around the world picking out players I've barely heard of, its a bit of a whirlwind.

Don't know if this is good or bad news, Granit Xhaka has signed a new long term contract. I've been very critical of him but maybe it's been a bit unfair. He certainly can produce great moments in a game but for me his discipline and awareness has been his downfall. Maybe with some decent coaching which I'm sure he's lacked, he can prove me wrong.

Having already made two signings so far (Lichtsteiner & Sokratis) it seems a third is on the cards with reports that Arsenal's medical team are in Moscow now to go through the motions which will finalise a deal for Sampdoria's Uruguayan midfielder Lucas Torreira.

Torreira is expected to sign a five-year deal worth £2.6m a year after Arsenal agreed a £26.19m fee with the Italians. According to SampNews24 the Italian club's media outlet, "Torreira will officially be a Gunners player before the end of the World Cup."

The much reported 'maximum' transfer budget of £50million seems to be stretching an awfully long way with the likely addition of Bayer Leverkusen's goalkeeper Bernd Leno said to be on his way to the Emirates, with a deal about to be penned for around £20million for the shot stopper to replace Petr Cech as No.1 and David Ospina who is expected to leave for a top Turkish side.

Arsenal have also had an initial bid of £18million turned down by Chelsea for out of favour David Luiz though they are expected to go in with an improved offer. Lastly, Sven Mislantat has been in touch with Dortmund and initial talks are already underway with the club's and player's reps., with a view to the Gunners signing Mario Gotze who has been left out of the German squad this time around.

Arsenal tried to sign Gotze some years back but he left Dortmund for Bayern Munich. He had an unhappy time there and returned to Dortmund where his form has been on and off. He's an attacking midfielder so I suppose he'd be further down the line in importance as far as who we really need right now - but at the right price he'd be a nice addition.

With all these things going on it's clear we are going to be shedding some wages and players to balance the books, who and when?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Punk » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:55 am

First time in 20 plus years that all 4 Angus teams are in the same division, so lots of local derbies. :header:
Punk

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:44 am

As has become the norm in recent seasons, the Premier league fixtures are heavily swayed in favour of giving Manchester City the best of starts to the season, ensuring they can build up the momentum into the new season, with Arsenal being the only top six opponent in their first six games. Furthermore, City get to play all three newly promoted clubs within those first six games.

Arsenal (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Wolves (A)
Newcastle (H)
Fulham (H)
Cardiff (A)

By contrast, Arsenal have the toughest start of all the top six sides, playing two top six sides and just one of the newly promoted teams.

Man City (H)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)
Cardiff (A)
Newcastle (A)
Everton (H)

Also noticable is the fact that in those six games Man City get to play consecutive 'home' games whilst Arsenal get saddled with consecutive 'away' games.

So it's all been set up for Man City and Pep Guardiola to retain the title by once again giving them the best of all possible starts. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:04 am

The other top six, first half dozen games read as:

Manchester United
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)
Spurs (H)
Burnley (A)
Watford (A)
Wolves (H)

Chelsea
Huddersfield (A)
Arsenal (H)
Newcastle (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Cardiff (H)
West Ham (A)

Liverpool
West Ham (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Brighton (H)
Leicester (A)
Spurs (A)
Southampton (H)

Spurs
Newcastle (A)
Fulham (H)
Man Utd (A)
Watford (A)
Liverpool (H)
Brighton (A)

After the beneficial draw for Man City, we can see the other fixtures are heavily weighted in favour of the Northern clubs, with Chelsea getting the better of the Southern sides. Spurs of course will continue to play their home games at Wembley until it is envisaged they will be ready to face Liverpool at their new stadium.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Stevland Judkins » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:27 am

Trapper John wrote:As has become the norm in recent seasons, the Premier league fixtures are heavily swayed in favour of giving Manchester City the best of starts to the season, ensuring they can build up the momentum into the new season, with Arsenal being the only top six opponent in their first six games. Furthermore, City get to play all three newly promoted clubs within those first six games.

Arsenal (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Wolves (A)
Newcastle (H)
Fulham (H)
Cardiff (A)

By contrast, Arsenal have the toughest start of all the top six sides, playing two top six sides and just one of the newly promoted teams.

Man City (H)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)
Cardiff (A)
Newcastle (A)
Everton (H)

Also noticable is the fact that in those six games Man City get to play consecutive 'home' games whilst Arsenal get saddled with consecutive 'away' games.

So it's all been set up for Man City and Pep Guardiola to retain the title by once again giving them the best of all possible starts. :roll:

Spurs have the toughest start as they play 2 top 4 teams.
Liverpoor, Spurs and Man U also have consecutive away games.
Are you blind? :shake head:
Stevland Judkins

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:16 am

Stevland Judkins wrote:
Trapper John wrote:As has become the norm in recent seasons, the Premier league fixtures are heavily swayed in favour of giving Manchester City the best of starts to the season, ensuring they can build up the momentum into the new season, with Arsenal being the only top six opponent in their first six games. Furthermore, City get to play all three newly promoted clubs within those first six games.

Arsenal (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Wolves (A)
Newcastle (H)
Fulham (H)
Cardiff (A)

Man City (H)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)
Cardiff (A)
Newcastle (A)
Everton (H)

No, but it's my post and I think our start is hardest. :dafinger:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Stevland Judkins » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 am

Trapper John wrote:
Stevland Judkins wrote:

Arsenal (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Wolves (A)
Newcastle (H)
Fulham (H)
Cardiff (A)

Man City (H)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)
Cardiff (A)
Newcastle (A)
Everton (H)

No, but it's my post and I think our start is hardest. :dafinger:

Your opinion is as accurate as always bit like a Phil Nickleson shot at the US Open. :gigglesnshit:

FORE!!!!!!!!!!
Stevland Judkins

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms