Dog's Football Thread #8

A right load of bollocks...

Dog's Football Thread #8

Postby Vicky » Wed May 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Well it's official now Traps!!

Unai Emery was named as Arsenal's new manager a few minutes ago.

Seems he's developed some of the best young talent in Europe and has an outstanding track record of success throughout his career.

A French sports reporter said Emery "Will get Arsenal more organized than they have been" and "He's really keen on drills and discipline and worked PSG hard at training"

Yep Vicks, heard it earlier - for better or for worse now. :thumbsup:

Some of the myths have already been broken like the fact that he can't speak English - well he made a very passable go of it in his news conference and I should imagine that by the beginning of the new season he'll have it pretty much nailed.

He's a Spanish Basque so will have a strong character and he's big on tactics and the pyschology of players as well as those you mentioned. These are all things Wenger appeared weak at so I'm hoping his new regime will pay dividends.

Apparently he had waited until his contract had fully expired at PSG before attending a formal meeting about the Arsenal job, though they had been in contact with him earlier. It's said that what impressed those who interviewed him most and swayed them to move from Arteta to him, was his intimate like knowledge of the current squad players and how he thought he could get the best out of them.

Arsenal fans have to give the bloke a chance, I think they will if they can see signs of effort, determination and pride in wearing the shirt we don't expect miracles just seeing things moving in the right direction will be enough for now.

I'm glad the debating and guesswork is over, the players know who they'll be looking to next season and what he'll expect from them, I hope they are up for it.

I hope he brings success TJ!!

Exciting times ahead for both our clubs as we look to the new season with a new manager in charge.

:yess:
Vicky

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Vicks wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Well it's official now Traps!!

Unai Emery was named as Arsenal's new manager a few minutes ago.

Seems he's developed some of the best young talent in Europe and has an outstanding track record of success throughout his career.

A French sports reporter said Emery "Will get Arsenal more organized than they have been" and "He's really keen on drills and discipline and worked PSG hard at training"

Yep Vicks, heard it earlier - for better or for worse now. :thumbsup:

Some of the myths have already been broken like the fact that he can't speak English - well he made a very passable go of it in his news conference and I should imagine that by the beginning of the new season he'll have it pretty much nailed.

He's a Spanish Basque so will have a strong character and he's big on tactics and the pyschology of players as well as those you mentioned. These are all things Wenger appeared weak at so I'm hoping his new regime will pay dividends.

Apparently he had waited until his contract had fully expired at PSG before attending a formal meeting about the Arsenal job, though they had been in contact with him earlier. It's said that what impressed those who interviewed him most and swayed them to move from Arteta to him, was his intimate like knowledge of the current squad players and how he thought he could get the best out of them.

Arsenal fans have to give the bloke a chance, I think they will if they can see signs of effort, determination and pride in wearing the shirt we don't expect miracles just seeing things moving in the right direction will be enough for now.

I'm glad the debating and guesswork is over, the players know who they'll be looking to next season and what he'll expect from them, I hope they are up for it.

I hope he brings success TJ!!

Exciting times ahead for both our clubs as we look to the new season with a new manager in charge.

:yess:

Yep, I'm really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 23, 2018 6:55 pm

The biggest and richest game in world football takes place at the weekend and it's not the champions league final between Real Madrid and Liverpool.

In terms of financial earnings, that game is dwarfed by the Championship playoff final between Aston Villa and Fulham which takes place the day before Europe's biggest game.

For example, if Liverpool were to win their final, they will have earned £72.4 million for their efforts this season in the competition. In contrast the winners of the play off final will be at least £160 million richer at the end of their long season, with the potential of turning that into £280 million if they survive in the Premier league at the end of the season and remain in it.

I like Fulham and although they are a small club, they have some great players and have been worthy combatants in the championship all season. However, Aston Villa are a huge club and worthy of Premier league status just on their size and support, they had a bad start to the season but turned it around to be where they are today.

My heart wants Fulham to win but for the Premier league, Aston Villa would be the better addition, they are kitted out for the job.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Wed May 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Trapper John wrote:The biggest and richest game in world football takes place at the weekend and it's not the champions league final between Real Madrid and Liverpool.

In terms of financial earnings, that game is dwarfed by the Championship playoff final between Aston Villa and Fulham which takes place the day before Europe's biggest game.

For example, if Liverpool were to win their final, they will have earned £72.4 million for their efforts this season in the competition. In contrast the winners of the play off final will be at least £160 million richer at the end of their long season, with the potential of turning that into £280 million if they survive in the Premier league at the end of the season and remain in it.

I like Fulham and although they are a small club, they have some great players and have been worthy combatants in the championship all season. However, Aston Villa are a huge club and worthy of Premier league status just on their size and support, they had a bad start to the season but turned it around to be where they are today.

My heart wants Fulham to win but for the Premier league, Aston Villa would be the better addition, they are kitted out for the job.

They are both on the same day. Saturday...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 23, 2018 8:53 pm

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:The biggest and richest game in world football takes place at the weekend and it's not the champions league final between Real Madrid and Liverpool.

They are both on the same day. Saturday...

Oh, I thought the champions league final was Sunday, can't say I've had much interest in watching it since 2006 and that was on a Wednesday night.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Thu May 24, 2018 11:27 am

what bollocks
no EPL money is paid to the Premier League Play Off winner this season
you fall into the lazy trap of believing the stuff you read and hear
3 payments are made per season to clubs 1st July, 1st November and 1st March

Postby Dean » Thu May 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Guest wrote:

what bollocks
no EPL money is paid to the Premier League Play Off winner this season
you fall into the lazy trap of believing the stuff you read and hear
3 payments are made per season to clubs 1st July, 1st November and 1st March

He may not have all the facts exactly right, but his point still stands. The play off winner is in for a fuck ton of money...
Dean

Re: Dog's Football Thread #8

Postby Vicky » Fri May 25, 2018 4:21 am

I hope Real Madrid win the Champions League.

1..Liverpool sing the same anthem as them

2..Jug-Ears will be unbearable if Liverpool win.

So hopefully Big Zinedine Zidane's lads will triumph.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri May 25, 2018 4:28 am

Rangers are cutting Celtic's allocation of tickets for Ibrox by nearly 7000.

Celtic fans have traditionally filled the Broomloan stand but will now have to plank their arses in the corner.

All 800 of them.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri May 25, 2018 4:31 am

I see Braggy MacBraggy is boasting about this huge game at the weekend between Fulham v Aston Villa.

I'm sure it will get more viewers than the Super Bowl.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri May 25, 2018 4:59 am

33385782_1380529138757103_4121212130592555008_n.jpg

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri May 25, 2018 5:16 am

Much is being made of Arsenal's statement that it's new manager will have just a £50 million war-chest available for new signings, a paltry amount many think in this day and age where even a mediocre player will be touted for that much alone.

This figure had been mentioned even before Arsene Wenger left the club and later candidates for his job were also told this, I think the truth is somewhat different for several reasons.

Firstly, Arsenal have made their intention clear they aren't going to be taken for mugs by clubs and agents over-valuing players, saying you have £200 million to play with immediately makes everyone want as much of that as they can get. There is more money available they just don't want everyone to know it.

Secondly, the power brokers wanted to see how prospective new managers would react to that news, no doubt they could have enticed far bigger names if they'd said money was no object where new signings were concerned. Arsenal don't need a complete shake up, first and foremost they need someone to get the best out of the players they already have and there is huge potential there before thinking about new signings.

Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislintat are the football men at the club now, they will know exactly what is needed and what money is available and they will work with Emery to ensure that we get the best for our bucks, at Arsenal the money has always been found for someone everyone agrees will be an asset.

If we didn't have those to guys, Mislintat in particular, then I'd be worried. Emery has a class act to work with in that pairing and I hope together the three can discover the formula for success.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri May 25, 2018 5:21 am

Vicks wrote:I see Braggy MacBraggy is boasting about this huge game at the weekend between Fulham v Aston Villa.

I'm sure it will get more viewers than the Super Bowl.

Sky I think have the rights to show it live - so your guess is as good as mine as to how many will watch it.

Unlike the twat guest suggested I said that the winner would be given a cheque for £160 million after the game, the potential to earn at least that sum next season makes it the richest game in world football, it's a fact. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Fri May 25, 2018 5:39 am

The SFA are to review the position of SFA Director Gary Hughes after Hughes referred to Rangers supporters as the "Great Unwashed"

Dave King has asked that Hughes is suspended while the SFA investigate the matter.

I hope he gets sacked.

How the hell can someone claim to be neutral, when he says something like that?
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri May 25, 2018 5:41 am

Our history makes us strong, Your hatred makes us stronger."

:rangers:
Vicky

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms