Re: Dog's Football Thread #8

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Kat wrote:Yikes not a good day today :doomed:

Questions will be asked about this performance
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby VelvetCat » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Dean wrote:The Baggies put 7 past QPR! VC will be a happy bunny today!

Boing boing!

I was! We've been away for the weekend, couldn't believe the score when I saw it, then watched the highlights on Quest. Bloody brilliant.

3rd in the table now, and play 'Boro on Friday night on Sky, really, really want to win this one as 'Boro are managed by Tony Pulis our ex manager.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 am

What a great game of football last night between Palace and Liverpool, even down to 10 men Palace put up a great scrap even tho' they lost 2-0 in the end.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 am

What a great game of football last night between Palace and Liverpool, even down to 10 men Palace put up a great scrap even tho' they lost 2-0 in the end.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:58 am

LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:57 am

7.45pm tonight MOT!!! :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:34 am

Jose' Mourinho has been given full backing of the board at Manure :ooer:
We know how that pans out from previous board backings
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:24 am

Great game last night, drew 2-2 away from home and now sitting top of the division :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:02 pm

A disappointing start - nil points from 2 games, but City and Chelsea first up was always going to be tough, still disappointing though. We now have a run of 8 matches against teams who you associate with the relegation zone, so by the time we play Liverpool in November, we should, in theory, be in the top 4.

I'm amazed Cech is starting for us, and not our new signing Leno - he's past his best, plus Emery wants us to play out of defence City style, and Cech is awful with the ball at his feet. Bellerin has regressed and is no longer Arsenal standard. I'd rather Sergeant Major Lichtsteiner start instead - a dirty bastard with a bit of steel about him. Ozil and Xhaka can fuck off, I'd be happy if neither played for us again.

Good news is that Mattéo Guendouzi looks like being a potential star for us. Lucas Torreira reminds me a little of Chelsea's N'Golo Kante - same stature, and also plays as a spoiler in front of the defence - we've been crying out for someone like him for a long time. I' m hoping there's a way to fit both Auba and Laca into the starting XI. The obvious thing would be to drop Ozil - let's hope Emery has the balls to do it.

West Ham at home on Saturday - any win is a good win, but I'm hoping for something convincing to build confidence. Then Cardiff next week. 6 points from 12 won't be such a bad start.
Red Okktober

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Red Okktober wrote:A disappointing start - nil points from 2 games, but City and Chelsea first up was always going to be tough, still disappointing though. We now have a run of 8 matches against teams who you associate with the relegation zone, so by the time we play Liverpool in November, we should, in theory, be in the top 4.

I'm amazed Cech is starting for us, and not our new signing Leno - he's past his best, plus Emery wants us to play out of defence City style, and Cech is awful with the ball at his feet. Bellerin has regressed and is no longer Arsenal standard. I'd rather Sergeant Major Lichtsteiner start instead - a dirty bastard with a bit of steel about him. Ozil and Xhaka can fuck off, I'd be happy if neither played for us again.

Good news is that Mattéo Guendouzi looks like being a potential star for us. Lucas Torreira reminds me a little of Chelsea's N'Golo Kante - same stature, and also plays as a spoiler in front of the defence - we've been crying out for someone like him for a long time. I' m hoping there's a way to fit both Auba and Laca into the starting XI. The obvious thing would be to drop Ozil - let's hope Emery has the balls to do it.

West Ham at home on Saturday - any win is a good win, but I'm hoping for something convincing to build confidence. Then Cardiff next week. 6 points from 12 won't be such a bad start.

Teething problems, they should get better
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:53 pm

When I see a team like Chelsea or Arsenal, foreign owner, manager, all the players are foreign, it seems odd to see all the local fans cheering, I know they have that loyalty from years ago but if they had to choose a team from scratch now would they choose the same one?

I couldn't get up the enthusiasm, just seems so corporate to me and lacking in any local connection.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby VelvetCat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:47 pm

We play Middlesbrough tomorrow night live on Sky.

But of a grudge match this one, with Tony Pulis our ex manager and disliked by most fans now managing 'Boro, I'd be happy with a 0 - 1 victory to us tbh.
VelvetCat

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:41 pm

West Brom eh?

Is that also who Dean throws his considerable weight behind or are you one of his rivals?
Ray of Sunshine

Postby VelvetCat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:West Brom eh?

Is that also who Dean throws his considerable weight behind or are you one of his rivals?

No, we tend to get on with Blues fans, united in our dislike of Aston Villa! Dean is a Blues (Birmingham City) fan.
VelvetCat

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms