If I had a million quid...

A right load of bollocks...

Re: If I had a million quid...

Postby Keyser » Sat May 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Keyser wrote:A little cottage or a cabin overlooking a body of water (either a lake or the sea), somewhere wild were the sky is clear and I would take advantage of that by getting a large state of the art telescope to look at the heavens. :smilin:

Would be easy for you to dump the bodies... :ooer:

(j/k)

Well yes that as well - 37 victims so far and I have now got cadaver disposal off to a fine art. :wurms:

Might as well try taxidermy and ace it.... :gigglesnshit:

Oh I have done.

I keep my collection of their shrunken heads in a beautiful mahogany display case in the loft. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Vam » Sat May 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Abs wrote:
Sounds really nice Kizzie, I use to hope that one day I would win millions so I could put my dream into action, of owning and running a soup kitchen/warming shelter but it would take more than 1 million for that.

Hi abs.... :Hiya:

You can have my million for the soup kitchen... :smilin:

How can you spontaneously express what is very obvious kindness, but also be a demonic little terror at times?

Are you two people, account sharing? :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby Rockstar » Sat May 26, 2018 8:25 pm

Vam wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Abs wrote:
Sounds really nice Kizzie, I use to hope that one day I would win millions so I could put my dream into action, of owning and running a soup kitchen/warming shelter but it would take more than 1 million for that.

How can you spontaneously express what is very obvious kindness, but also be a demonic little terror at times?

I don't think I've ever been called unkind...

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you regarding specific comments mentioning your OH...I'm sorry.
Rockstar

Postby Markey mark » Sat May 26, 2018 8:49 pm

Nucks wrote:
Markey mark wrote:I inherited farm with four cottages and large amount of money many years ago it’s was set up in a trust fund , all it had brought was misery because of the events what lead to me getting the inheritance, I rather have my mother who life was cut short , I just see it as blood money , and put it all in a trust fund for my daughter , only money I ever toke from my trust fund was to buy my flat at a discount price , money isn’t a answer for a better life for many, it doesn’t buy happiness

Thanks, Eeyore.

Thanks Consanguinity
Markey mark

Postby Guest » Sat May 26, 2018 8:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Kizzie wrote:I would buy a small working farm with lots of outbuildings in the middle of nowhere and turn it into a holiday place for deprived children and also an animal rescue and sanctuary.

Each child would get an animal they can take care of for their stay. they would help on the farm and learn some life skills. I
I would love my own children and grandchildren to eventually come and work there too. But mostly it would be run by volunteers who may be needed a retreat to recharge staying one or two seasons. each volunteer having a skill they could teach in the evenings.

its a dream I've had for a long time now.

it's a lovely idea but 1 million would never even touch the sides for a project like that.

Bollocks, you can buy a fuck off farm for £600,000 in Poland, just like 450 other British farmers have done.

Postby Nucks » Sat May 26, 2018 8:57 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Markey mark wrote:I inherited farm with four cottages and large amount of money many years ago it’s was set up in a trust fund , all it had brought was misery because of the events what lead to me getting the inheritance, I rather have my mother who life was cut short , I just see it as blood money , and put it all in a trust fund for my daughter , only money I ever toke from my trust fund was to buy my flat at a discount price , money isn’t a answer for a better life for many, it doesn’t buy happiness

Thanks, Eeyore.

Thanks Consanguinity

Sorry, I only watched the first season of Winnie the Pooh. :oops:
Nucks

Postby Guest » Sat May 26, 2018 9:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Kizzie wrote:I would buy a small working farm with lots of outbuildings in the middle of nowhere and turn it into a holiday place for deprived children and also an animal rescue and sanctuary.

Each child would get an animal they can take care of for their stay. they would help on the farm and learn some life skills. I
I would love my own children and grandchildren to eventually come and work there too. But mostly it would be run by volunteers who may be needed a retreat to recharge staying one or two seasons. each volunteer having a skill they could teach in the evenings.

it's a lovely idea but 1 million would never even touch the sides for a project like that.

Bollocks, you can buy a fuck off farm for £600,000 in Poland, just like 450 other British farmers have done.

how much is the postage to get it to the uk?

Postby Kiki » Sat May 26, 2018 9:08 pm

I would get a bigger house along with a very large garden. Then get more dogs. :smilin:
Kiki

Postby Guest » Sat May 26, 2018 9:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

how much is the postage to get it to the uk?

25 zloty

Postby Text » Sat May 26, 2018 10:35 pm

Nucks wrote:
Canary wrote:
Nucks wrote:If you suddenly came into a lot of money, what would be at the top of your list?

Holiday? Mortgage?

Would you move or upgrade anything?

Boob job? :ooer:

It depends if people knew or not, Nucks. :laughing:

If I won £1mill, I'd tell no one. I'd need the time & space to plan carefully. I'd carry on as I am, cos 1 mill is not a life-changing sum anymore.
I'd buy a massive TV set and enjoy seeing the world from the comfort of my living room in glorious 3D.
After a year or so, I'd jack in the job and travel the world, to see it for real.
10% of my windfall would go to long term low-tax investments.

Second scenario:
If my friends, rellies & neighbours knew I'd move. Upgrade into a nicer house. (I'd reward the nice F&F & neighbours later, in my own good time. I never forget the kindness of people.) Then I'd continue as per above.

It depends if people knew or not

I know what you mean. :gigglesnshit: I’d arrange a family holiday (hoping everyone could find time off together) somewhere sunny or maybe Disneyland. I always wanted to go as a kid but never did. :bawlin:

If you'd said £20 or 30 millions (which people do sometimes win, what with double rollovers & whatnots) it'd be less interesting to discuss cos the winners can be (almost) as reckless with their dosh as they like, and it wouldn't matter - they'd still have loads left over.

Smaller sums like 1 million - make for a more interesting discussion. Involves more thinking & planning in trying to get the very best out of it, and forces you to make harder decisions.
Text

Postby Text » Sat May 26, 2018 10:38 pm

It's nice to dream and I enjoy dreaming of what to do if I win megabucks.
It's also important to remember to be content with what you already have. :laughing:
Text

Postby Dimples » Sat May 26, 2018 10:59 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Dimples wrote:Well, there's still plenty of the world left for me to see... :wubbers:

So true....I am looking at Seychelles and Kyrgyzstan...So hard to decide....

As for the OP....That is a very small amount to make some serious dent...Maybe if it were 5mil... :leer:

Must get back to India sometime too - possibly tagged onto a trip to Sri Lanka or Nepal. There was too much to try to see in our fortnight-long trip, so we had to do what was practical. I still want to see Shimla... and Varanasi.... and maybe also Kerala.

I rather fancy the Seychelles too. That's on the "Tropical Paradise" sub-list - along with Mauritius and Réunion. :twirl:

You should go to Bhutan instead of Nepal and Sri Lanka. Roam the North East parts of India then cross the border into Bhutan. I would give Varanasi a miss. I don't know why foreigners fancy it tbh. If you want to see culture instead of scenery, visit Kolkata... :smilin:

I am leaning towards Bishkek rather than Seychelles atm. :twirl:

I would like to see Bhutan too - so that should just be added, rather than an "instead of".

To be honest, I can relate to why it is that people from India (and elsewhere) will not always understand why visitors from overseas make the choices we do... but of course the same happens when tourists here, too. We get a lot of visitors who have certain reasons for visiting some places in preference to others. The reasons are varied and sometimes puzzling... but sometimes there is just something very appealing about certain locations, despite there often being a perceived downside to it. Often it is simply a very personal thing - or an affinity for a particular place for some reason

Personally, I enjoy a mixture of culture, spectacular scenery and wildlife... and most places I have visited have been a mixture of each or all of those components. :wubbers:
Dimples

Postby Dimples » Sat May 26, 2018 11:02 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Vam wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Abs wrote:

I don't think I've ever been called unkind...

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you regarding specific comments mentioning your OH...I'm sorry.

Awwww, Rocky.... :wubbers:
Dimples

New thread 2

Postby calitom » Wed May 30, 2018 2:26 am

Trapper John wrote:I'd spend half on drink and women, the other half I'd probably just waste.

hehe
calitom

Postby calitom » Wed May 30, 2018 2:27 am

a million quid doesnt go that far in california---sadly
calitom

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms