A fair solution...

A right load of bollocks...

A fair solution...

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:12 am

It seems we have reached an impasse regarding the chat thing...I see merit in chat thread being locked because an admin was banned from the chat...It looks more like a private property of Claire rather than a community as of now...On the other hand the members enjoy discussing the chat...One can never be sure when Claire may throw a hissy fit and bans others she doesn't like or may delete the tournament(?) altogether...Let's find a common ground guys...

I am proposing a solution...

I looked into the FAQs of Funtrivia and it seems an administrator can hand over control to another.I suggest Claire hands over her admin status to someone who is regularly playing and is a neutral. like dis for example if she knows how to use the buttons. Claire likes TrapperJohn as well so that is a viable option as well...I think Trapper is not the petty sort that he may ban people on his whim whatever his equation is with Dogs posters...

This way the admin's concerns are satisfied that none of it's members are excluded from the chat and the chat discussion can be continued in peace on here...

I think Hobbitfeet will look at my solution and say fair's fair. And I think Lady Murasaki may also see merit in it. The ball is in your court Claire...Do the right thing for the greater good of the community...

Cheers

http://www.funtrivia.com/feedback_act.c ... 56&opt2=97
Rockstar

Re: A fair solution...

Postby Punk » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:14 am

Rockstar wrote:It seems we have reached an impasse regarding the chat thing...I see merit in chat thread being locked because an admin was banned from the chat...It looks more like a private property of Claire rather than a community as of now...On the other hand the members enjoy discussing the chat...One can never be sure when Claire may throw a hissy fit and bans others she doesn't like or may delete the tournament(?) altogether...Let's find a common ground guys...

I am proposing a solution...

I looked into the FAQs of Funtrivia and it seems an administrator can hand over control to another.I suggest Claire hands over her admin status to someone who is regularly playing and is a neutral. like dis for example if she knows how to use the buttons. Claire likes TrapperJohn as well so that is a viable option as well...I think Trapper is not the petty sort that he may ban people on his whim whatever his equation is with Dogs posters...

This way the admin's concerns are satisfied that none of it's members are excluded from the chat and the chat discussion can be continued in peace on here...

I think Hobbitfeet will look at my solution and say fair's fair. And I think Lady Murasaki may also see merit in it. The ball is in your court Claire...Do the right thing for the greater good of the community...

Cheers

http://www.funtrivia.com/feedback_act.c ... 56&opt2=97

Or only have quiz talk in the hello thread
Punk

Postby Jem » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:14 am

:thumbsup: Sounds like a reasonable solution. I can even join up myself then. Not that Claire's disallowed me, she hasn't. It's on principle.
Jem

Postby Dean » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:17 am

Jem wrote::thumbsup: Sounds like a reasonable solution. I can even join up myself then. Not that Claire's disallowed me, she hasn't. It's on principle.

You can’t really call it a Dogs quiz if the admin picks and chooses who she allows to play. It’s all very childish. She’ll probably delete it soon anyway like she did with the last one...
Dean

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:18 am

I can certainly see merit in your suggestion Rocky - it seems a fair compromise
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:18 am

Dean wrote:
Jem wrote::thumbsup: Sounds like a reasonable solution. I can even join up myself then. Not that Claire's disallowed me, she hasn't. It's on principle.

You can’t really call it a Dogs quiz if the admin picks and chooses who she allows to play. It’s all very childish. She’ll probably delete it soon anyway like she did with the last one...

The only reason I didn't mention a new quiz being created is because of the existing scores of the members...They shouldn't suffer because of pettiness.
Rockstar

Postby Claire » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:20 am

It's not happening. Any member is free to start and administer their own quiz. :thumbsup:

You can't expect someone to be perma banned from a forum they helped found, then let the person doing the perma banning play their quiz.

I didn't delete her for banning me the first time or for calling me all the names under the sun.

She also said she was going to stop playing it soon and didn't want reinstated.

She's spat the dummy and punished 28 members for nothing. :thumbsup:
Claire

Postby Dean » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:21 am

Claire wrote:

It's not happening. Any member is free to start and administer their own quiz. :thumbsup:

You can't expect someone to be perma banned from a forum they helped found, then let the person doing the perma banning play their quiz.

I didn't delete her for banning me the first time or for calling me all the names under the sun.

She also said she was going to stop playing it soon and didn't want reinstated.

She's spat the dummy and punished 28 members for nothing. :thumbsup:

You didn’t help found this forum you lying cunt! :off head:
Dean

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:23 am

your member name was banned for 1h hour, or your IP was, the other one was accidentally perma'd - if I'd meant to do it I would have done both - the minute it was pointed out, I was like 'oh shit' and it was sorted, but you'll be dining out on it forever

also you banned me from the quiz long after you were back on here, as I said, probably after dutch courage

anyway you've made your position clear - good try though Rocky
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Punk » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:24 am

Or start a new quiz, Official Dogs vs Unofficial Dogs
Punk

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:25 am

Punk wrote:Or start a new quiz, Official Dogs vs Unofficial Dogs

Mass Exodus? :mrgreen:
Rockstar

Postby Claire » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:26 am

HobbitFeet wrote:your member name was banned for 1h hour, or your IP was, the other one was accidentally perma'd - if I'd meant to do it I would have done both - the minute it was pointed out, I was like 'oh shit' and it was sorted, but you'll be dining out on it forever

also you banned me from the quiz long after you were back on here, as I said, probably after dutch courage

No I banned you as soon as you perma banned me. :thumbsup: Dutch courage? You're get more hilarious every day :gigglesnshit:
Claire

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:26 am

HobbitFeet wrote:your member name was banned for 1h hour, or your IP was, the other one was accidentally perma'd - if I'd meant to do it I would have done both - the minute it was pointed out, I was like 'oh shit' and it was sorted, but you'll be dining out on it forever

Thanks Hobbitfeet.

Maybe the 28 members will see some merit as well and try to talk some sense into Claire. :thumbsup:
Rockstar

Postby Claire » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:27 am

Rockstar wrote:

Thanks Hobbitfeet.

Maybe the 28 members will see some merit as well and try to talk some sense into Claire. :thumbsup:

Or they could just stop playing which they haven't :ooer:
Claire

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:28 am

Claire wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Thanks Hobbitfeet.

Or they could just stop playing which they haven't :ooer:

I don't see anyone losing sleep over not being able to discuss it too... :thumbsup:
Rockstar

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms