RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Hobbit wrote:
can you read???

I used specific examples of foreign born sportsmen that have played for England without any hint of objection, having been very involved in watching cricket at that time I can't recall one example of an objection to THOSE cricketers being raised in any meaningful way

and all those I mentioned were white, so piss off with your 'double fail' bullshit

what is funny though is that you talk about Basil D'Oliveira (before my time) and the fact that there was objections there, talk about an own fucking goal, you buffoon

LoL of course all the ones you picked were white - you wouldn't pick the famous black one would you, and be able to make you 'right shade of white' comment.

There were objections to ALL of those cricketers, not least because they were taking the places of English boys brought up through the county system. They were not universally welcomed as you seem to think they were, just because they were white. I had a letter read out on TMS which was discussed by Christopher Martin-Jenkins and David Lloyd, and they both expressed concerns about the number of non-Englishmen in the England team and the effect it was having on county cricket

Anyone who knows anything about cricket would have heard of D'Oliveira, trying to dismiss him because he was 'before your time' doesn't wash. Are you only aware of people born after you?

D'Oliveira wasn't black, he was of mixed Portuguese-Indian parentage, termed Cape-Coloured in SA.

Fucking hell Red, you see anyone who isn't white as being black. You're actually more racist than apartheid South Africa - that's some going there. :pointlaugh:

Postby jra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Robin Smith and Kevin Pieterson would be other cricketers that played for England but were born in south Africa.
jra

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:33 pm

jra wrote:Robin Smith and Kevin Pieterson would be other cricketers that played for England but were born in south Africa.

This thread is about football, not cricket. :snooty: There's another thread about cricket - if you can find it.
Raggamuffin

Postby Punk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:14 pm

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Punk wrote:The English media lie about Scots, the EU, Muslims etc all the time, why would you believe a word they say?

Other than most of the big media outlets are UK/British not just English.

If you go to Scotland you will realise that there is a Scottish Sun, Scottish Daily Mail, Scottish Daily Express etc etc now are these Scottish media sources Scottish or not? Twat.

Still owned AFAIK by UK/British corporations. In England we get The Sun, not the English Sun, the Daily Mail, not the English Daily Mail. And thanks for calling me a twat btw. You're welcome. Another fucking guest keyboard warrior.

News Corp is American, DMGT is based in some tax haven BVI possibly, Express was N&S Bermuda, I think, FT is Dutch, Indy and i is owned by a Russian. Guardian, Mirror and Morning Star are British.
Punk

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Punk wrote:The English media lie about Scots, the EU, Muslims etc all the time, why would you believe a word they say?

Other than most of the big media outlets are UK/British not just English.

If you go to Scotland you will realise that there is a Scottish Sun, Scottish Daily Mail, Scottish Daily Express etc etc now are these Scottish media sources Scottish or not? Twat.

Still owned AFAIK by UK/British corporations. In England we get The Sun, not the English Sun, the Daily Mail, not the English Daily Mail. And thanks for calling me a twat btw. You're welcome. Another fucking guest keyboard warrior.

News Corp is American, DMGT is based in some tax haven BVI possibly, Express was N&S Bermuda, I think, FT is Dutch, Indy and i is owned by a Russian. Guardian, Mirror and Morning Star are British.

Trinty Mirror Group own the Express and Daily Star now.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby jra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
jra wrote:Robin Smith and Kevin Pieterson would be other cricketers that played for England but were born in south Africa.

This thread is about football, not cricket. :snooty: There's another thread about cricket - if you can find it.

Yeah I know. Somebody else introduced cricket into the equation.
jra

Postby jra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:21 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:

So either way, blaming the English media is a bit pointless IMO.
jra

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Hobbit wrote:
Text wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:It's really the France

and French Africa team though, they get players from a big pool.

Hi Ray. They were ALL French citizens, whatever their colour. Football is colour blind.

I only know cricket sorry

but nobody seemed to care where Graeme Hick , Andy Caddick, and the Hollioakes were born when they played for England (Zimbabwe, NZ, & Australia for anyone that doesn't know) but then again they are all the right shade of 'white'

Big Surprise

Ray associates black color with Africa.

Stop the Press!

He is really a Grade A twat... :woteva:

Then so are Trevor Noah and Nicholas Maduro.

Postby calitom » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:27 pm

can u believe the french won the world cup??
calitom

Postby Punk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:28 pm

The ones I can recall off the top of my head are Basil D'Oliviera, Tony Greig, Ian Greig, Allan Lamb, Chris Smith, Robin Smith, Andrew Strauss, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Jonathan Trott, Craig Kieswetter, Jade Dernbach, Stuart Meaker, Michael Lumb, Jason Roy, Keaton Jennings, Tom Curran.
Punk

Postby Punk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:30 pm

jra wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Punk wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:If you go to Scotland you will realise that there is a Scottish Sun, Scottish Daily Mail, Scottish Daily Express etc etc now are these Scottish media sources Scottish or not? Twat.

So either way, blaming the English media is a bit pointless IMO.

The UK head offices are in errrrm England. Not Wales. Or Scotland. Quite straightforward really.
Punk

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:15 am

calitom wrote:can u believe the french won the world cup??

Indeed, and it bodes well for all other team's chances in the future - it seems anyone can win it.
Great World Cup though, Russia proved to be a really good host nation.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Punk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:16 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Indeed, and it bodes well for all other team's chances in the future - it seems anyone can win it.
Great World Cup though, Russia proved to be a really good host nation.

Don't tell Tom that they won it before. :gigglesnshit:
Punk

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Yes, they were pretty good. Another triumph for immigration communities. :thumbsup:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Punk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Yes, they were pretty good. Another triumph for immigration communities. :thumbsup:

Three out of the four semi-finalists had lots of first generation immigrants. :gigglesnshit:
Punk

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms