RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:36 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Why are they bothering then?

It's a FIFA rule, a set amount of friendly games per season are allowed and have to be arranged and played, regardless of whether there is a tournament in the offing or not.

It's supposed to give national team managers time with their players and of course creates revenue for the national Football Associations.

That’s ok then. It’s not all about the World Cup. And the fans might enjoy it as their teams aren’t through, then again they might be seething if they play well. Seems the old greats aren’t cutting it as well as they used to.

Nope, it's a sad day when such International giants as Italy and Holland don't make the grade. At least they have the Euro's in two years time to plan for.

Maybe it’s just as well the Italians didn’t get through, what with their hooligan problem. :gigglesnshit:
The Russian military/fans would’ve marmalised them!

Shame for the Holland fans though, they always seem full of good spirits and bring a bit of joy to the events.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Why are they bothering then?

It's a FIFA rule, a set amount of friendly games per season are allowed and have to be arranged and played, regardless of whether there is a tournament in the offing or not.

It's supposed to give national team managers time with their players and of course creates revenue for the national Football Associations.

That’s ok then. It’s not all about the World Cup. And the fans might enjoy it as their teams aren’t through, then again they might be seething if they play well. Seems the old greats aren’t cutting it as well as they used to.

Nope, it's a sad day when such International giants as Italy and Holland don't make the grade. At least they have the Euro's in two years time to plan for.

Maybe it’s just as well the Italians didn’t get through, what with their hooligan problem. :gigglesnshit:

Shame for the Holland fans though, they always seem full of good spirits and bring a bit of joy to the events.

Except when they are kicking the shit of of Germans.

As for TJ he said, when Holland didn't qualify for Euro 2016, they can plan for the World Cup :gigglesnshit:

I'm sure the likes of Iceland will bring more to the World Cup than Italy did last time. :gigglesnshit:

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Except when they are kicking the shit of of Germans.

As for TJ he said, when Holland didn't qualify for Euro 2016, they can plan for the World Cup :gigglesnshit:

I'm sure the likes of Iceland will bring more to the World Cup than Italy did last time. :gigglesnshit:

Did I? you have a better memory than me then, which I'm now thinking is quite spooky in a stalky way. :ooer:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Punk » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:55 pm

England could reach the Semis but I'd be surprised if Germany didn't win tbh. It depends if we win our group.
Punk

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:13 am

Punk wrote:England could reach the Semis but I'd be surprised if Germany didn't win tbh. It depends if we win our group.

Yeah I said earlier I can't see past Germany - they just have the knack somehow, plus good players of course which helps.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:22 am

Just noticed Leroy Sane has been left out the German squad, thats a shocker. Apparently he's been overlooked in favour of Leverkusen's Julian Brandt. Not seen Brandt play but he must have had a fantastic season otherwise one might think that national team managers still have this thing about their players playing their football on home turf. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa don't seem to fancy Argentina's chances that much.

From todays Metro:

Are Argentina among the World Cup favourites?

OA: The preparation has been poor — we changed managers three times in three years. We now have Jorge Sampaoli but I don’t expect too much. The quality of players is there but we should have renovated the team after the last World Cup. It’s the same players as 2014 but not at the level they were.

RV: We have great individual players but as a team we don’t look solid. Lionel Messi needs an Andres Iniesta with him.

https://www.metro.news/ricky-villa-ossi ... s/1086930/
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:35 pm

Trapper John wrote:Just noticed Leroy Sane has been left out the German squad, thats a shocker. Apparently he's been overlooked in favour of Leverkusen's Julian Brandt. Not seen Brandt play but he must have had a fantastic season otherwise one might think that national team managers still have this thing about their players playing their football on home turf. :dunno:

Almost as surprising as the French leaving Lacazette behind.

Apparently Sane has been disruptive around the German camp - some of the other players were said to be 'stunned' by Sane's 'big time attitude'.
Red Okktober

Postby honest guest » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Just noticed Leroy Sane has been left out the German squad, thats a shocker. Apparently he's been overlooked in favour of Leverkusen's Julian Brandt. Not seen Brandt play but he must have had a fantastic season otherwise one might think that national team managers still have this thing about their players playing their football on home turf. :dunno:

Almost as surprising as the French leaving Lacazette behind.

Apparently Sane has been disruptive around the German camp - some of the other players were said to be 'stunned' by Sane's 'big time attitude'.

Not true.

His playing style suits Man City but not Germany.
honest guest

Postby xtras1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Looking forward to it.
Hopefully with the team we can pull something off :smilin: :header:
xtras1

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 pm

honest guest wrote:His playing style suits Man City but not Germany.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/WorldC ... e-20180605

:dunno:
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
honest guest wrote:His playing style suits Man City but not Germany.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/WorldC ... e-20180605

:dunno:

Is believed :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:34 pm

England 3 v Russia 2

Holland :pmsl: vs Sctoland :pmsl:

Postby Vicky » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:10 am

Guest wrote:England 3 v Russia 2

Holland :pmsl: vs Sctoland :pmsl:

I don't know of this Sctoland you speak of, but Scotland the country of my birth, had a wonderful result against them in the 1978 World Cup.

What group were England in that tournament?

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:10 am

They must be lacing the water in England with Smirnoff, if anyone thinks England will win the World Cup.

By the way..

What bloody awful song are you torturing us with this time?

Don't tell me those twats Baddiel and Skinner are getting wheeled out again.

:roll:
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms