RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Vam » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Vam should have never been allowed to troll this thread...Classic case of baiting..

Claire's post you mean?

Is Claire permabanned for replying to Vams baiting?

No.

Ah well, if you're still quoting these posts, Stooo, I'll just say I wasn't baiting anyone. I posted an opinion - as other people did - after Vic's posts.

The only people baiting and unable to stop stirring things up even more were, as usual, M and the obsessive Rockrunt.
Vam

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Vam wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Vam should have never been allowed to troll this thread...Classic case of baiting..

Claire's post you mean?

Is Claire permabanned for replying to Vams baiting?

No.

Ah well, if you're still quoting these posts, Stooo, I'll just say I wasn't baiting anyone. I posted an opinion - as other people did - after Vic's posts.

The only people baiting and unable to stop stirring things up even more were, as usual, M and the obsessive Rockrunt.

I didn't think that you were baiting Vam. I'm generally evenings and weekends so I'm happy to take Lady M up on her accusations when she stops being a twat when I'm not around to shoot her down counter her accusations :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Keyser

Postby Keyser » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Just for the gloating Scots - Braveheart was not a fucking documentary - although so many seem to think it is.

The entire film is bollocks apart from the performance of the great Patrick McGoohan as Edward Longshanks.

Read the historical facts.

It was a film made by a religious fanatic Nazi who hates the English with a passion (just look at 'The Patriot').

Get back to us when you even qualify for a major tournament. :bum:
Keyser

Postby Punk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Keyser wrote:Just for the gloating Scots - Braveheart was not a fucking documentary - although so many seem to think it is.

The entire film is bollocks apart from the performance of the great Patrick McGoohan as Edward Longshanks.

It was a film made by a religious fanatic Nazi who hates the English with a passion (just look at 'The Patriot').

Top 4 in the world. Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that France were a laughing stock for failing to beat Luxembourg and Glasgow Rangers lost against a club team from Luxembourg.
Punk

Postby Keyser » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Punk wrote:
Keyser wrote:Just for the gloating Scots - Braveheart was not a fucking documentary - although so many seem to think it is.

Top 4 in the world. Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that France were a laughing stock for failing to beat Luxembourg and Glasgow Rangers lost against a club team from Luxembourg.

Spot on! :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby BUDGIE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:23 pm

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Another 52 years of hurt. :trollface:

I had a rotten hangover this morning and yesterday.. 2 footie games back to back. I promise not to bait you until Saturday after the Belgium game. :pmsl:
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby Keyser » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:37 pm

BUDGIE wrote:

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Another 52 years of hurt. :trollface:

I had a rotten hangover this morning and yesterday.. 2 footie games back to back. I promise not to bait you until Saturday after the Belgium game. :pmsl:

I actually think we will play our socks off - we might just surprise a few people - although Belgium are an awesome team. :smilin:
Keyser

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Keyser wrote:
Good luck to Croatia - I hope they win. :cuppaT:

So do I.

I've drew them in a sweepstake. Every cloud and all that...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Surely people aren't still harking on about Vicky's posts after England were knocked out the other night?

Anyone who took the slightest offence or umbridge over her remarks clearly understands nothing about the history, tradition and culture of football and it's fans.

I expected nothing less from a patriotic, football loving Scot and I'm sure she would have loved to have posted her remarks much sooner than after a world cup semi final defeat, particularly as she was posting photoshopped pics of the England coach parked up at the departure gate before the group stages began.

It's expected banter just as it is when English football fans bait the Scots for being perpetual failures in international and European football, so what's the problem?

I note that all those feigning outrage in this thread have rarely if ever visited the Dogs football thread which has been a feature here for yonks, so to suddenly become all patriotic and defensive about a football matter once every four years is quite honestly a bit pathetic. :roll:

Be sure I would have laughed my socks off if Scotland had been dumped out of the Euro's or world cup if they'd been giving it all that like we English did, not that it would ever happen as Scotland are fucking shite and will never reach a major international competition again in my life time.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Keyser wrote:I actually think we will play our socks off - we might just surprise a few people - although Belgium are an awesome team. :smilin:

It's mainly the once every 4 years WC fans who think it's a big deal to finish third, most regular footie fans don't give a shit. It's the second meaningless match against Belgium within a few weeks, probably even more so, as the first game determined which side of the draw the teams went into, whereas this one determines fuck all.

Apart from the winners, teams are judged on how far they progressed - final, semi-finals, quarter-finals etc. You don't need to split it down any further than that, otherwise we may just as well have the losing quarter-finalists playing for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th places, which would be just as pointless as playing for 3rd and 4th.

The players absolutely hate playing in it, after the massive let down of missing out on the final. They just want to get home and recover and prepare for the new season.
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:58 pm

Trapper John wrote:I note that all those feigning outrage in this thread have rarely if ever visited the Dogs football thread which has been a feature here for yonks, so to suddenly become all patriotic and defensive about a football matter once every four years is quite honestly a bit pathetic. :roll:

It's the forum equivalent of the prawn sandwich brigade.
Red Okktober

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Keyser wrote:I actually think we will play our socks off - we might just surprise a few people - although Belgium are an awesome team. :smilin:

It's mainly the once every 4 years WC fans who think it's a big deal to finish third, most regular footie fans don't give a shit. It's the second meaningless match against Belgium within a few weeks, probably even more so, as the first game determined which side of the draw the teams went into, whereas this one determines fuck all.

Apart from the winners, teams are judged on how far they progressed - final, semi-finals, quarter-finals etc. You don't need to split it down any further than that, otherwise we may just as well have the losing quarter-finalists playing for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th places, which would be just as pointless as playing for 3rd and 4th.

The players absolutely hate playing in it, after the massive let down of missing out on the final. They just want to get home and recover and prepare for the new season.

I'm not sure if it is relevant to FIFA rankings but they mean nothing anyway so it is the biggest dead rubber in international football and as you quite rightly say, no-one gives a fuck whether you come third or fourth, least of all the players.

It's just the last cynical attempt to squeeze a bit more money from the naive and unsuspecting punter.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby jra » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:14 pm

BUDGIE wrote:
Gabby wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:What a wonderful world cup this has been.

England dominated Croatia first half then fell away...

I think I stopped laughing about 6AM.

Why?

I wanted England to lose. Don't take it personally, but the English media get on my tits.

I like Gareth Southgate but this talk about him getting a knighthood and a public day off if England win, Kane winning the golden boot, premature talk of the final....surely anyone can see it's off-putting?

What English media? It's British/UK media in the main. That includes Scotland.
jra

Postby Gerst » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Trapper John wrote:Surely people aren't still harking on about Vicky's posts after England were knocked out the other night?

Anyone who took the slightest offence or umbridge over her remarks clearly understands nothing about the history, tradition and culture of football and it's fans.

I expected nothing less from a patriotic, football loving Scot and I'm sure she would have loved to have posted her remarks much sooner than after a world cup semi final defeat, particularly as she was posting photoshopped pics of the England coach parked up at the departure gate before the group stages began.

It's expected banter just as it is when English football fans bait the Scots for being perpetual failures in international and European football, so what's the problem?

I note that all those feigning outrage in this thread have rarely if ever visited the Dogs football thread which has been a feature here for yonks, so to suddenly become all patriotic and defensive about a football matter once every four years is quite honestly a bit pathetic. :roll:

Be sure I would have laughed my socks off if Scotland had been dumped out of the Euro's or world cup if they'd been giving it all that like we English did, not that it would ever happen as Scotland are fucking shite and will never reach a major international competition again in my life time.

I'm English and I like watching Scotland in competitions – admittedly a rare experience, but nevertheless... I always hope they do well, and leave it to the Scots to hate England doing well. In fact, one of the most exciting matches I ever saw was with Scotland in the 1978 World Cup. They had to win it to stay in the competition and were playing as if they'd all been told that if they lost all their families would be killed. The intensity of it was unbelievable.
Gerst

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms