RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Gabby wrote:
:gigglesnshit:..... it got worse when I asked was David Beckham playing!! :pmsl:



and is he?


:mrgreen:


Bend it like Beckham! :hap:



Touchdown....! Sorry, wrong sport? :razz:
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 12450
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:23 am

Gabby wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Gabby wrote:I wont be watching any of it :Lucia:


Me neither.

I didn't even know the date on which it starts. :gigglesnshit:


Neither did I..... last night I asked why are all these friendlys being played if the WC isn’t till next year?..... I won’t repeat the reply I got! :laughing:


who did you ask?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Gabby » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 am

Guest wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Gabby wrote:I wont be watching any of it :Lucia:


Me neither.

I didn't even know the date on which it starts. :gigglesnshit:


Neither did I..... last night I asked why are all these friendlys being played if the WC isn’t till next year?..... I won’t repeat the reply I got! :laughing:


who did you ask?


No one on here :thumbsup:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 16369
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 pm

So it all kicks off tomorrow with hosts Russia playing Saudi Arabia - what a combination. :yikes:

Anyways, biggest news of the day today is that the Spanish FA have sacked their national team manager, Julen Lopetegui just 2 days before they play Iberian rivals Portugal in their first group game.

Newly appointed president of the Spanish Football Federation, Luis Rubiales said they were left with little choice as they found out that Lopetegui had agreed to become Real Madrid's new manager at the same time as the press and accused him of negoiating the deal behind their backs.

Director of football Fernando Hierro has been named as his replacement. It's not expected that he will give any other instructions to the team than they already have and it's debatable whether this will have any affect on the players. If any team are capable of playing football without a manager it's probably Spain, with a wealth of seasoned professionals in their line up.
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Cobs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:04 pm

I have some squids stagnating in my betfair account but no clue about football.
So if anyone has an opinion I will stake a little on it. No blame attached.
User avatar
Cobs
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:22 am

Cobs wrote:I have some squids stagnating in my betfair account but no clue about football.
So if anyone has an opinion I will stake a little on it. No blame attached.


There lots of specials you can bet on, group winners etc... Top scorer is a good bet regarding odds. You can double it up and have Neymar top scorer and Brazil to win it for example. Or Messi top scorer and Argentina. I personally fancy France or Spain, so you could do Griezman top scorer France to win. Should pay about 80/1
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35077
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby dis » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:01 am

I’ve got a bet on.


Bit worried about the Spain manager situ...which happened after the bet.

£1 on 20 fold.

France to beat Australia
Argentina to beat Iceland
Denmark to beat Peru
Germany to beat Mexico
Brazil to beat Switzerland
Belgium to beat Panama
Poland to beat Senegal (bit worried)
Portugal to bear Morocco (wee bit worried)
Spain to beat Iran
France to beat Peru
Belgium to beat Tunisia (tad squeaky)
Germany to beat Sweden
Mexico to beat South Korea
Spain to beat Morocco (mmm)
Portugal to beat Iran
France to beat Denmark
Argentina to beat Nigeria
Germany to beat South Korea
Brazil to beat Serbia (eee)
Poland to beat Japan (titchy)

I will win £3500?

Them’s the odds whadya think TJ?
User avatar
dis
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:45 am

dis wrote:I’ve got a bet on.


Bit worried about the Spain manager situ...which happened after the bet.

£1 on 20 fold.

France to beat Australia
Argentina to beat Iceland
Denmark to beat Peru
Germany to beat Mexico
Brazil to beat Switzerland
Belgium to beat Panama
Poland to beat Senegal (bit worried)
Portugal to bear Morocco (wee bit worried)
Spain to beat Iran
France to beat Peru
Belgium to beat Tunisia (tad squeaky)
Germany to beat Sweden
Mexico to beat South Korea
Spain to beat Morocco (mmm)
Portugal to beat Iran
France to beat Denmark
Argentina to beat Nigeria
Germany to beat South Korea
Brazil to beat Serbia (eee)
Poland to beat Japan (titchy)

I will win £3500?

Them’s the odds whadya think TJ?


They all look fine on paper Dis but I confess I don't know much about most of them. Tunisia are supposed to be the best African team and Iceland shut up shop well. All I'd say is I think you'll be very lucky if there isn't a draw amongst that lot.
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 am

Well today is the big day, the first day of the World Cup. Or as Scotland call it... Thursday.
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35077
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby banana chewits » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:23 am

good luck with your bet, dis.
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 12:55 am

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 am

Any of our Dogs footy fans interested in doing a prediction contest for the World Cup? I know it’s cutting it fine but there’s still time. I can post the first fixtures, you just predict the scores. I’ll figure out the points if there’s any interest...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35077
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 am

There’s a few regular football posters...

TJ
Vicks
Sunny
Red
Velvetcat
Dis

And anyone else of course...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35077
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby banana chewits » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 am

Dean wrote:Any of our Dogs footy fans interested in doing a prediction contest for the World Cup? I know it’s cutting it fine but there’s still time. I can post the first fixtures, you just predict the scores. I’ll figure out the points if there’s any interest...


i wouldn't mind joining, thanks.
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 12:55 am

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:24 am

I'll play with you
User avatar
HobbitFeet
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7425
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:24 am

banana chewits wrote:
Dean wrote:Any of our Dogs footy fans interested in doing a prediction contest for the World Cup? I know it’s cutting it fine but there’s still time. I can post the first fixtures, you just predict the scores. I’ll figure out the points if there’s any interest...


i wouldn't mind joining, thanks.


Sound. I’ll see how many join first!
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35077
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jobless Oddball and 44 guests