A right load of bollocks...

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:33 am

Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:Are you all still talking about the World Cup? :arms legs:

Tom can’t believe the French won and is determined to prove the players weren’t French, so yes but no.

A lot of the French side have African heritage... Some were even born there...

People move around, make new places their home. It’s been happening for a while...cough* since Neanderthal man *cough.

I know. I have no problem with it. Doesn’t change the fact that Tom is right about France having players from Africa play for them...

No, he said they don’t sound French. They are French citizens.
I’m sure his name doesn’t sound like the indigenous Americans, although he’d love to be called Crazy Horse, he’s probably got a European name. But he’d consider himself American.
Lady Murasaki

Postby guest » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:24 am

calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Most of them?
Ok, name five players imported just to play for France.

Mgumbagala,,Imbuttuu,Vincent Amin,Lumbu Attano,Cyril Zuma

Good random names Tom. Here's some more:

Michaelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael, Les Dawson, Frank Bruno.

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:47 am

Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Tom can’t believe the French won and is determined to prove the players weren’t French, so yes but no.

People move around, make new places their home. It’s been happening for a while...cough* since Neanderthal man *cough.

I know. I have no problem with it. Doesn’t change the fact that Tom is right about France having players from Africa play for them...

The England Rugby and Cricket teams have often played with foreigners in their teams.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:53 am

LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Tom can’t believe the French won and is determined to prove the players weren’t French, so yes but no.

The England Rugby and Cricket teams have often played with foreigners in their teams.

Are first/second generation immigrants foreigners?
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:57 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:

That is a question that has no bearing in sport, anyone is eligible to play for teams if their grandparent(s) were of the nation in question.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:00 am

LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

That is a question that has no bearing in sport, anyone is eligible to play for teams if their grandparent(s) were of the nation in question.

I don’t think that’s the point Tom was alluding to.
He won’t say it straight out but it’s to do with colour.
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:20 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Well that is rather silly, we are blessed with many good footballers in the England national team and they are picked on merit and not because of their skin colour.
That young lad Mbappe for France is only a teenager but he certainly announced himself on the world stage, it is a shame that our very own Raheem Sterling failed to do the same.
Never mind, we have the Euros in 2 years time and I do think we will do rather well.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Dean » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:53 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Well that is rather silly, we are blessed with many good footballers in the England national team and they are picked on merit and not because of their skin colour.
That young lad Mbappe for France is only a teenager but he certainly announced himself on the world stage, it is a shame that our very own Raheem Sterling failed to do the same.
Never mind, we have the Euros in 2 years time and I do think we will do rather well.

Mbappé was born in France. What’s your point?
Dean

Postby Dean » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:53 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:

Thanks for that nugget, Captain obvious...
Dean

Postby Text » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:can u believe the french won the world cup??

Yes, they were pretty good. Another triumph for immigration communities. :thumbsup:

so they wasnt really 'french' then. imported players to make a phoney national squad.
Now it makes sense.

I dont think it had anything to do with immigrant communities. I think they imported them specifically for the team.
there are a few famous high school football programs in the usa that recruit kids from all over the states just to play on their
team. Used to be Glendale High school was made up of kids who really lived in Glendale.Instilled a sense of pride.-Now its bought and paid for.

the USA also specifically imported some soccer players a few decades ago so we could at least compete in the world cup.Home grown USA soccer players generally suck...with a few exceptions of course

They don’t need to import players they’re French citizens. In fact they exported quite a few, they have so many top players!

Calitom's posts are so ironic on so many levels.
NO WAY does he say all those weird things with a straight face.

--------------------------------------------------------
calitom wrote:can u believe the french won the world cup??

Some bookmakers predicted it from the outset and gave them good odds to win.
Several members of this forum also predicted it. In fact you were one of the few who predicted it would not happen.
Next!! :again?:
Text

Postby Text » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:50 pm

For the record the team also have a spaniard called Hernandez, cute guy, speaks French with a strong Spanish accent.
He's French-born but has a spanish dad and grew up in spain and played for spanish youth teams.
Many people born thousands of miles from France, in various colonial outposts are automatically French citizens, even if they never set foot in France.
Text

Postby Text » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

No, he said they don’t sound French. They are French citizens.
I’m sure his name doesn’t sound like the indigenous Americans, although he’d love to be called Crazy Horse, he’s probably got a European name. But he’d consider himself American.

There are parallels here with Trump (who is hero-worshipped by Calitom.).
Trump spent 8 years and a ton of money trying to ''prove'' Obama was not a true American citizen ie not fit to be the president.
Sent detectives and researchers all over the world to dig up evidence, he would not let it go, he was very vocal and proper nasty.
Those french players played their hearts out, with a level of patriotis and passion that got them results.
They won & gave the whole country paroxysms of ecstasy. Deal with it, Tom. > >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZMFwUNiS2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcecbEbaUD0

Murasaki, goodnight luv x :Hiya:
Text

Postby Bellend The Tedious Gammar Fucker » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:41 pm

calitom wrote:so they wasnt really 'french' then. imported players to make a phoney national squad.
Now it makes sense.

I dont think it had anything to do with immigrant communities. I think they imported them specifically for the team.
there are a few famous high school football programs in the usa that recruit kids from all over the states just to play on their
team. Used to be Glendale High school was made up of kids who really lived in Glendale.Instilled a sense of pride.-Now its bought and paid for.

the USA also specifically imported some soccer players a few decades ago so we could at least compete in the world cup.Home grown USA soccer players generally suck...with a few exceptions of course

Them wasn't.
Bellend The Tedious Gammar Fucker

Postby jra » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Holly wrote:Are you all still talking about the World Cup? :arms legs:

Muck like people talk about shows like Big Brother even when it isn't on.
jra

Postby jra » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:55 pm

Dean wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:A lot of the French side have African heritage... Some were even born there...

Thanks for that nugget, Captain obvious...

Which football, rugby or cricket team did they play for? And what about Captain Oblivious?
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms