RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Gabby wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Devastated! Those young lads played so well in the first half and then lost their nerve a bit in the second half. They put their hearts into it. Now, I'll be backing France against Croatia for the final.

On another depressing note, domestic violence soars whenever England lose a match. A sobering thought.


A reminder for everyone that needs it tonight:
24 hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline
0808 2000 247
#ENGCRO

:ooer:


Lots of studies done on the links, whys and wherefores, Gabby. Domestic violence is a serious issue, no matter that some morons will always try to play it down.
User avatar
Cleopatra
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Gabby wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Devastated! Those young lads played so well in the first half and then lost their nerve a bit in the second half. They put their hearts into it. Now, I'll be backing France against Croatia for the final.

On another depressing note, domestic violence soars whenever England lose a match. A sobering thought.


A reminder for everyone that needs it tonight:
24 hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline
0808 2000 247
#ENGCRO

:ooer:


That's just for tonight right? - only England won't be playing tomorrow so no-one will getting a beating.
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:49 pm

jra wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Devastated! Those young lads played so well in the first half and then lost their nerve a bit in the second half. They put their hearts into it. Now, I'll be backing France against Croatia for the final.

On another depressing note, domestic violence soars whenever England lose a match. A sobering thought.


That old bollocks comes out every time England are in a competition - domestic violence rises or falls only by virtue of the amount of alcohol consumed.

If tennis had the scale and type of following football had, the figures would be just the same if Andy Murray was beaten at Wimbledon. Football, England or otherwise has fuck all to do with the levels of domestic violence - it's booze and a reason to get tanked up.


I didn't bother to go into the reasons (thick, violent, inadequate blokes, alcohol, previous history etc ) as I thought it was blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain. I just stated the fact. Thank goodness you were here to mansplain it all to us. Phew!


About a third of domestic violence is attributable to women according to the ONS, so not sure where 'inadequate blokes' comes into it. And mansplaining is off the scale when it comes to condescending/patronizing.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... stic-abuse


Who would have guessed a mention of an "inadequate bloke" would get you to come running.
User avatar
Cleopatra
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Gabby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Devastated! Those young lads played so well in the first half and then lost their nerve a bit in the second half. They put their hearts into it. Now, I'll be backing France against Croatia for the final.

On another depressing note, domestic violence soars whenever England lose a match. A sobering thought.


A reminder for everyone that needs it tonight:
24 hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline
0808 2000 247
#ENGCRO

:ooer:


That's just for tonight right? - only England won't be playing tomorrow so no-one will getting a beating.


I guess it’s for anytime... but it’s being put about tonight in light of England losing, for the women dreading their OH coming home from the pub! :ooer:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 17124
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby jra » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
jra wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Devastated! Those young lads played so well in the first half and then lost their nerve a bit in the second half. They put their hearts into it. Now, I'll be backing France against Croatia for the final.

On another depressing note, domestic violence soars whenever England lose a match. A sobering thought.


That old bollocks comes out every time England are in a competition - domestic violence rises or falls only by virtue of the amount of alcohol consumed.

If tennis had the scale and type of following football had, the figures would be just the same if Andy Murray was beaten at Wimbledon. Football, England or otherwise has fuck all to do with the levels of domestic violence - it's booze and a reason to get tanked up.


I didn't bother to go into the reasons (thick, violent, inadequate blokes, alcohol, previous history etc ) as I thought it was blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain. I just stated the fact. Thank goodness you were here to mansplain it all to us. Phew!


About a third of domestic violence is attributable to women according to the ONS, so not sure where 'inadequate blokes' comes into it. And mansplaining is off the scale when it comes to condescending/patronizing.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... stic-abuse


Who would have guessed a mention of an "inadequate bloke" would get you to come running.


I ain't running (to) anywhere. Just replying to your post, as I happened to be in the thread at the time.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13735
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Vicks wrote:
croatia_flag_1680x1050.jpg


2-1


:lol:


Shame on you :shake head:

What a nasty little cow you are.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
jra wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Devastated! Those young lads played so well in the first half and then lost their nerve a bit in the second half. They put their hearts into it. Now, I'll be backing France against Croatia for the final.

On another depressing note, domestic violence soars whenever England lose a match. A sobering thought.


That old bollocks comes out every time England are in a competition - domestic violence rises or falls only by virtue of the amount of alcohol consumed.

If tennis had the scale and type of following football had, the figures would be just the same if Andy Murray was beaten at Wimbledon. Football, England or otherwise has fuck all to do with the levels of domestic violence - it's booze and a reason to get tanked up.


I didn't bother to go into the reasons (thick, violent, inadequate blokes, alcohol, previous history etc ) as I thought it was blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain. I just stated the fact. Thank goodness you were here to mansplain it all to us. Phew!


About a third of domestic violence is attributable to women according to the ONS, so not sure where 'inadequate blokes' comes into it. And mansplaining is off the scale when it comes to condescending/patronizing.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... stic-abuse


Who would have guessed a mention of an "inadequate bloke" would get you to come running.


Easy to see why you are so interested, bet you've had a few lumps or two in your life with an attitude like that. :whistle:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Gabby wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Devastated! Those young lads played so well in the first half and then lost their nerve a bit in the second half. They put their hearts into it. Now, I'll be backing France against Croatia for the final.

On another depressing note, domestic violence soars whenever England lose a match. A sobering thought.


A reminder for everyone that needs it tonight:
24 hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline
0808 2000 247
#ENGCRO

:ooer:


That's just for tonight right? - only England won't be playing tomorrow so no-one will getting a beating.


I guess it’s for anytime... but it’s being put about tonight in light of England losing, for the women dreading their OH coming home from the pub! :ooer:


Or men, I'm sure you meant to say. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Gabby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:Devastated! Those young lads played so well in the first half and then lost their nerve a bit in the second half. They put their hearts into it. Now, I'll be backing France against Croatia for the final.

On another depressing note, domestic violence soars whenever England lose a match. A sobering thought.


A reminder for everyone that needs it tonight:
24 hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline
0808 2000 247
#ENGCRO

:ooer:


That's just for tonight right? - only England won't be playing tomorrow so no-one will getting a beating.


I guess it’s for anytime... but it’s being put about tonight in light of England losing, for the women dreading their OH coming home from the pub! :ooer:


Or men, I'm sure you meant to say. :thumbsup:


Women don’t take football serious enough to go home and batter their OH when their side lose!
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 17124
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:08 am

Ahhhh, gutted! Wanted them to go all the way.
They still did well though, should be proud of themselves.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 25641
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 am

Vicks wrote:I'm off, i'll probably stop laughing next June.

:lol:


Oh you nasty little cow. How can you be so pleased? I was really pissed off when you left, I always liked you and hoped you'd come back one day. Now I hope you never do. How come you hate the English so much and yet was modding a forum for so many years that's predominantly English?
What a horrible way to treat the English poster who genuinely liked you :shake head: I'm very disappointed, I thought better of you. Just be gone.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Rockstar » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:20 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Ahhhh, gutted! Wanted them to go all the way.
They still did well though, should be proud of themselves.


Good riddance I'd say...They were the most boring team out of the 4..and Croatia deserved to win...

Btw did you beat anyone? :ooer:
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 12515
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:47 am

Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Ahhhh, gutted! Wanted them to go all the way.
They still did well though, should be proud of themselves.


Good riddance I'd say...They were the most boring team out of the 4..and Croatia deserved to win...

Btw did you beat anyone? :ooer:


They weren’t boring for us, they were HOPE!

I just go quiet when I drink, not menacingly quiet but sleepy quiet.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 25641
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:51 am

Guest wrote:
Vicks wrote:I'm off, i'll probably stop laughing next June.

:lol:


Oh you nasty little cow. How can you be so pleased? I was really pissed off when you left, I always liked you and hoped you'd come back one day. Now I hope you never do. How come you hate the English so much and yet was modding a forum for so many years that's predominantly English?
What a horrible way to treat the English poster who genuinely liked you :shake head: I'm very disappointed, I thought better of you. Just be gone.


It’s just football banter. It’s a game, not a world war. :roll:
My ex used to tease me the same way, (still does) it’s not malicious.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 25641
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:52 am

Guest wrote:
Vicks wrote:I'm off, i'll probably stop laughing next June.

:lol:


Oh you nasty little cow. How can you be so pleased? I was really pissed off when you left, I always liked you and hoped you'd come back one day. Now I hope you never do. How come you hate the English so much and yet was modding a forum for so many years that's predominantly English?
What a horrible way to treat the English poster who genuinely liked you :shake head: I'm very disappointed, I thought better of you. Just be gone.


Couldn't agree more. WTF is she on :off head: I always thought she's ok, a bit child like but ok. I never realised she's so hateful and unpleasant. I can't believe she's so delighted that we lost. Shame on you Vicks.
User avatar
Guest
 

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 23 guests