Changing Vocations

A right load of bollocks...

Changing Vocations

Postby Punk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:46 am

I am this summer by leaving my current job and going into advocacy, any else have/has any plans?

I've to complete an NVQ3 first doing 2 days volunteering, so I'll be broke for 7 weeks but then, hopefully things will be cool.
Punk

Re: Changing Vocations

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Punk wrote:I am this summer by leaving my current job and going into advocacy, any else have/has any plans?

I've to complete an NVQ3 first doing 2 days volunteering, so I'll be broke for 7 weeks but then, hopefully things will be cool.

Short term gain for a long term gain by the sounds of it. I think you'd make a good advocate if your posts on here are anything to by Punk.

I think I will change careers in the next 5 years (although I've been toying with the idea for quite some time and it never comes to fruition.) Wouldn't mind a job in education.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Micky » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Punk wrote:I am this summer by leaving my current job and going into advocacy, any else have/has any plans?

Short term gain for a long term gain by the sounds of it. I think you'd make a good advocate if your posts on here are anything to by Punk.

I think I will change careers in the next 5 years (although I've been toying with the idea for quite some time and it never comes to fruition.) Wouldn't mind a job in education.

You could start with your new mate Dean, bcos he could surely do with it the pig ignorant piece of vermin...….
Micky

Postby Dean » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Micky wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

You could start with your new mate Dean, bcos he could surely do with it the pig ignorant piece of vermin...….

Stop licking the windows, Micky... :drool:
Dean

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Micky wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Dean and I aren't friends Micky. I've probably said more negative things about him in my time here than I have about you.

I don't need to like someone to agree with them if I think they've made a good point.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:52 pm

I've changed jobs/careers many times in my life often within the same industry but then I'll do a complete change. I wonder if thats the secret to a good working life as I haven't been unemployed for more than a few weeks in my entire working life.

I've found that everything I've done had it's merits as well as it's pitfalls and downsides, it's all a matter of your personal attitude towards what you do and who you do it with and for.

I've not long started in a completely different job to anything I've done before and at present am loving every minute of it, hoping it will take me to retirement age and maybe even beyond if I still have the verve. The company I work for is a non profit making organisation, which is a first for me and the working environment is very different from any I've experienced before, it's a real eye-opener and very satisfying.

My advice to anyone who thinks they are in a rut is make a change if you get the opportunity or failing that, make your own opportunity.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Hummingbird » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:

I'm thinking of how to get out.... :dunno:
Hummingbird

Postby Markey mark » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Congratulations on completing your NVQ3 , and hope you all the best for your future work ,
Markey mark

Postby measurer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:16 am

Hummingbird wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

I'm thinking of how to get out.... :dunno:

When I read it, I was wanting to ask if he was sure. Seems most schools have problems keeping children in line these days. My daughter in law is a teacher, but only primary school. She did a stint at High schools, but said it was too much like hard work. Chose wisely, Avon.
measurer

Postby Punk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 am

Markey mark wrote:

Congratulations on completing your NVQ3 , and hope you all the best for your future work ,

Thanks but I haven't completed it yet but yes, exciting times are afoot in our household. We'll still have that drink soon.
Punk

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms