Random Stuff Part 22

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby jra » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Bella wrote:
What exciting country will visit next?


Somewhere in Europe.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 10392
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Bella wrote:
Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:Looking at the dates, problem being you ain't female, and I'd be sharing a bed. Sorry, this is females only.

I should have stated that..... :oops:

Why don't you go by yourself? Yes it's practically unheard of for a female to travel alone but it can be very liberating. You will always meet people wherever you go and you can plan your days without compromise.

I went to Greece alone and loved it. Went on trips most days, shopping the cheap knock of goods and just sitting on a deck chair overlooking the sea on others. It cost under £300 but it was a late deal ( I left within about 4 weeks of booking). But the Greek Islands are beautiful. I love the people and the laid back way of life.

You don't need to find someone measurer. Just go!

Southeast Asia
I traveled to Indonesia on my own and my 18 year old is now traveling in South east Asia alone... best education ever!

However it is nice to have a traveling companion :smilin:

I think you've raised you're child very well. Hats of to you.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 pm

measurer wrote:Yes my dear. Halves on hotel room and to catch the flight, it's either a 7 hour overlay in airport or I book a hotel in Luton- cheap enough, just hate the fact I'll probably not sleep for fear I'll miss the flight in the morning, as Glasgow flight gets in around 10pm night before. Then travel to hotel, sleep, eat and then get bus back over to the airport for 5am. Better to have company, but it's not the first I have went myself. I usually just stay in the airport.


You're thinking of over-nighting in Luton??
Have you thought about asking JRA to take you on a tour of the local dineries and wineries - he's quite the expert on that kind of thing, don'tcha know? :yikes:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Bella » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 pm

measurer wrote:
Bella wrote:
measurer wrote:Yes my dear. Halves on hotel room and to catch the flight, it's either a 7 hour overlay in airport or I book a hotel in Luton- cheap enough, just hate the fact I'll probably not sleep for fear I'll miss the flight in the morning, as Glasgow flight gets in around 10pm night before. Then travel to hotel, sleep, eat and then get bus back over to the airport for 5am. Better to have company, but it's not the first I have went myself. I usually just stay in the airport.


When are you thinking of going?

Some of those places down the coast from Tangiers are nice too like Asilah but I love Essaouira and always wanted to return there :smilin:



Mid September


Ahh, sounds a good time, a bit cooler too :smilin: I can smell that Thuya wood already :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6575
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Bella » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 pm

jra wrote:
Bella wrote:
What exciting country will visit next?


Somewhere in Europe.


Porto is nice and very cheap too :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6575
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Punk » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 pm

jra wrote:
Bella wrote:
What exciting country will visit next?


Somewhere in Europe.


If you like architecture, I can recommend southern Czech Republic, towns like Telc, Trebon, Cesky Krumlov are incredible places. Untouched in WW2.
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 6638
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Upper Sydenham

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Bella » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Bella wrote:
Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:Looking at the dates, problem being you ain't female, and I'd be sharing a bed. Sorry, this is females only.

I should have stated that..... :oops:

Why don't you go by yourself? Yes it's practically unheard of for a female to travel alone but it can be very liberating. You will always meet people wherever you go and you can plan your days without compromise.

I went to Greece alone and loved it. Went on trips most days, shopping the cheap knock of goods and just sitting on a deck chair overlooking the sea on others. It cost under £300 but it was a late deal ( I left within about 4 weeks of booking). But the Greek Islands are beautiful. I love the people and the laid back way of life.

You don't need to find someone measurer. Just go!

Southeast Asia
I traveled to Indonesia on my own and my 18 year old is now traveling in South east Asia alone... best education ever!

However it is nice to have a traveling companion :smilin:

I think you've raised you're child very well. Hats of to you.


Thank you, it has been a bit of a nerve wracking journey..having to home educate etc but now reaping the benefits :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6575
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:46 pm

I can imagine it is Bella You have the worry of when your child is away and them coming back in one piece. But you have to let them fly.

I think you've a great job and I hope you are enjoying life too.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:55 pm

Where has Budgie gone please?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Bella » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Guest wrote:I can imagine it is Bella You have the worry of when your child is away and them coming back in one piece. But you have to let them fly.

I think you've a great job and I hope you are enjoying life too.

He's very good at keeping in touch, I have learned so much too from his journey but I'll be on edge until we meet in Portugal later this month.He's only 18 but has done so well booking all his flights and accommodation as he goes along...being dyslexic etc. and a job to return too when he gets home :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6575
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Bella » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:03 pm

Guest wrote:Where has Budgie gone please?


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgerigar

Australia?
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6575
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby measurer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:
Guest wrote:
measurer wrote:Looking at the dates, problem being you ain't female, and I'd be sharing a bed. Sorry, this is females only.

I should have stated that..... :oops:

Why don't you go by yourself? Yes it's practically unheard of for a female to travel alone but it can be very liberating. You will always meet people wherever you go and you can plan your days without compromise.

I went to Greece alone and loved it. Went on trips most days, shopping the cheap knock of goods and just sitting on a deck chair overlooking the sea on others. It cost under £300 but it was a late deal ( I left within about 4 weeks of booking). But the Greek Islands are beautiful. I love the people and the laid back way of life.

You don't need to find someone measurer. Just go!


Did you read the other post before typing? I DO go myself, and have did so before, but it's also nice to not have to pay for a double room when single. I have been to Morocco, Singapore and Oz by myself. I know plenty people there so am never "alone", but it's also nice to have a travel bud too.

No. Sorry I didn't read it. Should I have?

Sometimes I only read the last page.


Well yea, it would have cut down on the typing for you. :)
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10829
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby measurer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:24 pm

Anytime during summer is fine with me, as that old walled medina was purposely made to circulate the air around the town, using the sea breeze. Marrakesh though? DAMN hot in June, it reached 45 last year. I usually do an overnight there for the market.
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10829
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby Bella » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:33 pm

measurer wrote:Anytime during summer is fine with me, as that old walled medina was purposely made to circulate the air around the town, using the sea breeze. Marrakesh though? DAMN hot in June, it reached 45 last year. I usually do an overnight there for the market.


Essaouira is windy and cooler though, September onward sounds good :smilin: . One night in Marrakesh and then off to Essaouira and the coast :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6575
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Random Stuff Part 22

Postby measurer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Yea, could go the Marrakesh/Ryanair route, first stop Marrrakesh...
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10829
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Keyser and 17 guests