Medicinal Cannabis In The UK

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Medicinal Cannabis In The UK

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:32 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Obama reaches top job spot on the planet and when asked about his pot smoking he says ... I inhaled frequently that was the whole point!

Dotard is all phet and charlie...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:33 pm

There's a lot of people at the fridge ....
The 40 most successful stoners of all time
The title is a bit silly .....

https://matadornetwork.com/nights/41-su ... ners-time/
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Must be something interesting in that fridge ..... https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1 ... gl3hCsQ7Lo
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:15 am

McAz wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:You can drive after consuming sugar. Anything that alters your mind enough to prevent you from being able to function normally is going to be harmful long term.

I fully agree. Even if regular, long-term cannabis use doesn't lead you to mental illness or harder drug use (and it often does), then at best you will end up a pot head, with no vitality or ambition other than how to get to the fridge and back.

I held responsible jobs in the military, civil service and major corporations whilst enjoying cannabis on a regular basis. As your and LM's ill-informed remarks perfectly illustrate, talking bollox isn't confined to "pot-heads" after all. :roll:

No more Ill-informed than you are. We are going by experience as much as you so why is our experience more ill informed than yours? Is it because you can’t quite accept disagreement on any issue so will patronise when you get the chance?
I’ve seen what substance abuse does to brains long term, cannabis is worse than nicotine for the brain, although not for the body. Playing down the long term health effects of cannabis is just as dangerous as playing down alcohol’s effects.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:19 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:You can drive after consuming sugar. Anything that alters your mind enough to prevent you from being able to function normally is going to be harmful long term.

I fully agree. Even if regular, long-term cannabis use doesn't lead you to mental illness or harder drug use (and it often does), then at best you will end up a pot head, with no vitality or ambition other than how to get to the fridge and back.

I held responsible jobs in the military, civil service and major corporations whilst enjoying cannabis on a regular basis. As your and LM's ill-informed remarks perfectly illustrate, talking bollox isn't confined to "pot-heads" after all. :roll:

No more Ill-informed than you are. We are going by experience as much as you so why is our experience more ill informed than yours? Is it because you can’t quite accept disagreement on any issue so will patronise when you get the chance?
I’ve seen what substance abuse does to brains long term, cannabis is worse than nicotine for the brain, although not for the body. Playing down the long term health effects of cannabis is just as dangerous as playing down alcohol’s effects.

Consuming cannabis is not "substance abuse" unless you consider that drinking wine, smoking tobacco or consuming sugar is "substance abuse". So I doubt that your experience of substance abuse is really relevant. I too have encountered all manner of strung out people including emaciated heroin addicts and alcoholics screaming for redemption during enforced withdrawal. It's got next to bugger all relevance to using cannabis though.

The science simply does not support your contention that cannabis is worse than (or even as harmful as) tobacco or alcohol - far from it. But that's by the by, why should decent folk who choose cannabis rather than alcohol be forced into the hands of organised crime? And then criminalised for enjoying it?

I've not played down the risks of cannabis, I've reported truthfully my extensive experience of using it and of those I know - and where appropriate, relevant scientific findings. Everything in life carries risk - you make your choices and I make mine. By and large, I don't like alcohol or the behavioural effect it has on people - what's the big deal about that?
Last edited by McAz on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Punk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:23 am

I wonder how many morning vehicle accidents are down to coffee consumption.
Punk

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:27 am

Legalising cannabis could be ‘win-win-win’ for UK, says thinktank
Margaret Thatcher’s favourite free-market thinktank has called on the government to legalise cannabis, arguing that the move could generate more than £1bn in extra tax revenues every year, as well as savings in health and other public services.

Britain’s black market in cannabis is worth £2.6bn annually, with 255 tonnes sold to more than 3 million people last year, according to the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA).

A report by the thinktank concludes that the criminalisation of cannabis in the UK has failed, saying the black market is awash with dangerous high-strength products.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/politics ... ailsignout
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:32 am

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Consuming cannabis is not "substance abuse" unless you consider that drinking wine, smoking tobacco or consuming sugar is "substance abuse". So I doubt that your experience of substance abuse is really relevant. I too have encountered all manner of strung out people including emaciated heroin addicts and alcoholics screaming for redemption during enforced withdrawal. It's got next to bugger all relevance to smoking cannabis though.

The science simply does not support your contention that cannabis is worse than (or even as harmful as) tobacco or alcohol - far from it. But that's by the by, why should decent folk who choose cannabis rather than alcohol be forced into the hands of organised crime? And then criminalised for enjoying it?

I've not played down the risks of cannabis, I've reported truthfully my extensive experience of using it and of those I know - and where appropriate, relevant scientific findings. Everything in life carries risk - you make your choices and make mine - by and large, I don't like alcohol or the behavioural effect it has on people - what's the big deal about that?

Maybe ‘substance abuse’ seems an exaggerated term to you because you don’t view it as doing any harm to your mind but it does. You're obviously used to talking about it to people who agree with you and so believe it’s an ‘intelligent’ choice of drug. Maybe it is compared to alcohol, but it’s still a drug that impairs your brain in some way. You see it as a helpful impairment, which is fair enough, antidepressants are helpful but I wouldn’t want people to rely on them or stay on them for years and years, would you?
Cannabis is just another way of self medicating so that people can escape their reality for a while, it stops people being ‘present’, lucid or stable. Long term studies have not been done yet. But what I’ve seen of people who’ve never/hardly ever smoked or drank compared to those who have is a world of difference in mental drive and capabilities.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:32 am

Punk wrote:I wonder how many morning vehicle accidents are down to coffee consumption.

Nowadays it’s more likely to be down to smartphones.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:34 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Legalising cannabis could be ‘win-win-win’ for UK, says thinktank
Margaret Thatcher’s favourite free-market thinktank has called on the government to legalise cannabis, arguing that the move could generate more than £1bn in extra tax revenues every year, as well as savings in health and other public services.

Britain’s black market in cannabis is worth £2.6bn annually, with 255 tonnes sold to more than 3 million people last year, according to the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA).

A report by the thinktank concludes that the criminalisation of cannabis in the UK has failed, saying the black market is awash with dangerous high-strength products.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/politics ... ailsignout

Legalise it with a strong health warning. As they should do with alcohol.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Punk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:37 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Punk wrote:I wonder how many morning vehicle accidents are down to coffee consumption.

Nowadays it’s more likely to be down to smartphones.

Possibly but after seeing the documentary about people who are addicted to coffee :yikes:
Punk

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:54 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Maybe ‘substance abuse’ seems an exaggerated term to you because you don’t view it as doing any harm to your mind but it does. You're obviously used to talking about it to people who agree with you and so believe it’s an ‘intelligent’ choice of drug. Maybe it is compared to alcohol, but it’s still a drug that impairs your brain in some way. You see it as a helpful impairment, which is fair enough, antidepressants are helpful but I wouldn’t want people to rely on them or stay on them for years and years, would you?
Cannabis is just another way of self medicating so that people can escape their reality for a while, it stops people being ‘present’, lucid or stable. Long term studies have not been done yet. But what I’ve seen of people who’ve never/hardly ever smoked or drank compared to those who have is a world of difference in mental drive and capabilities.

I don't believe that decades of cannabis use has harmed my mind - nor do most people consider me lacking in presence, lucidity or stability. A supercilious cunt perhaps, but a reasonably bright one.

Nor can I identify with your experience that people who abstain from recreational substances have superior drive and capabilities. Most of my friends and associates are members of what used to be called the professional class - some are as a dumb as guppys, some as bright as you could ever hope to meet. There is no correlation between their "brightness" or drive and whether or not they use cannabis that I can see.

And as Jack said earlier (I think it was Jack) cannabis is one of the most "tested" substances in history - used by millions of people for thousands of years. But regardless of which of us is right or wrong (and perhaps there isn't a right or wrong), I want cannabis out of the hands of organised crime whereas you seem content to leave it there. Either way, it isn't going to go away.
McAz

Postby McAz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:07 am

@LM - I've just noticed that you too have called for the legalisation of cannabis - I therefore withdraw my last remark. :smilin:
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:12 am

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Maybe ‘substance abuse’ seems an exaggerated term to you because you don’t view it as doing any harm to your mind but it does. You're obviously used to talking about it to people who agree with you and so believe it’s an ‘intelligent’ choice of drug. Maybe it is compared to alcohol, but it’s still a drug that impairs your brain in some way. You see it as a helpful impairment, which is fair enough, antidepressants are helpful but I wouldn’t want people to rely on them or stay on them for years and years, would you?

I don't believe that decades of cannabis use has harmed my mind - nor do most people consider me lacking in presence, lucidity or stability. A supercilious c**t perhaps, but a reasonably bright one.

Nor can I identify with your experience that people who abstain from recreational substances have superior drive and capabilities. Most of my friends and associates are members of what used to be called the professional class - some are as a dumb as guppys, some as bright as you could ever hope to meet. There is no correlation between their "brightness" or drive and whether or not they use cannabis that I can see.

And as Jack said earlier (I think it was Jack) cannabis is one of the most "tested" substances in history - used by millions of people for thousands of years. But regardless of which of us is right or wrong (and perhaps there isn't a right or wrong), I want cannabis out of the hands of organised crime whereas you seem content to leave it there. Either way, it isn't going to go away.

Is this what “bright” cannabis users do? Twist people’s words so it looks like they’ve said something they haven’t. I’ve not discussed the legalisation of anything with you, just the fact that talking about drug use as if it’s normal and fine is dangerous.
When you consume something that impairs your mental faculties it often leads to taking more to reduce your faculties further, until you just don’t care anymore. Maybe you’re a supercilious c**t because you just don’t care anymore.
I too have been part of the professional class. The student culture here is quite harmful imo, it’s when most of the brightest of minds are encouraged to drink heavily and many get into smoking as well. That’s where the rot starts for the professional class, unless they abstain.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:14 am

McAz wrote:@LM - I've just noticed that you too have called for the legalisation of cannabis - I therefore withdraw my last remark. :smilin:

In that case ignore my first paragraph. :mrgreen:
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms