Medicinal Cannabis In The UK

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Medicinal Cannabis In The UK

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:Just logged in purely to post on this thread. I meant to start one the other week and Rollup was going to give me some info on it.

I knind of saw the headline in the paper yesterday but didn't read the story (still haven't)

But surely he should only be given medicine that has evidence it works.

Its all good and well people giving/taking illegal drugs, it might help relieve some syptoms but without medical trials who knows what other damage it is doing.

I am in two minds as to whether I agree with this or not. i think the government are wrong to allow illegal drugs to be given back. If they make an allowance for one then they have to make an allowance for all which makes a mockery of it being ilegal

I understand that his GP made the request.

What do you see as a problem with legalisation?

Well currently its illegal. Now thehome secretary has allowed confiscated drugs to be given back.

The next time someone has the same drugs conviscated they have a case for them to be given back.

The government have surely now put them in a situation where they are going to have to make it a legal drug but have done so before proper testing can be done.

Cannabis has been in use - overwhelmingly safely - for thousands of years. How much more "testing" do you want?
McAz

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Goodwife wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Goodwife wrote:Just logged in purely to post on this thread. I meant to start one the other week and Rollup was going to give me some info on it.

I knind of saw the headline in the paper yesterday but didn't read the story (still haven't)

Its all good and well people giving/taking illegal drugs, it might help relieve some syptoms but without medical trials who knows what other damage it is doing.

I am in two minds as to whether I agree with this or not. i think the government are wrong to allow illegal drugs to be given back. If they make an allowance for one then they have to make an allowance for all which makes a mockery of it being ilegal

It was legally prescribed to the boy in Canada. There have been clinical trials. It’s far less damaging than opioids and such.
It has been allowed anyway on the advice of top clinicians.

It’s ridiculous that it is illegal still in this country.

Is there not a woman in Saudi or somewhere in prison because she took into the country precibed and legal drugs into another country that were ilegal there?

Same difference not all drugs are legal in all countries.

No. They were legally prescribed to someone else (not her) and she went into Egypt with the intention to pass them on to her boyfriend.

Completely different.
NastyNickers

Postby Daisymay » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:43 pm

He was being prescribed it by his GP ,until he was told he could no longer give it
The little boy ended up in Hospital and it was the Docs there that gave an appeal for it to be given as a Medical emergency ,so it's only been returned on a 30 day licence at the minute with the proviso of it can't be removed from the Hospital

If it's helping the poor Boy ,and all his consultants are in agreement ,then His Mum should be allowed to administer it at home like she did before her GP was prevented from prescribing it .

Not only does he have to suffer he now has the added upset of having to be Hospitalised to get the Treatment he needs ,instead of being given it like before in the familiar surroundings of his own home with all the comforts that go with that
Daisymay

Postby Dean » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:47 pm

So Goodwife hasn’t read the link and has used an incorrect example to justify letting a child die.

She wonders why people think she’s so thick... :ooer:
Dean

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Well currently its illegal. Now thehome secretary has allowed confiscated drugs to be given back.

The next time someone has the same drugs conviscated they have a case for them to be given back.

The government have surely now put them in a situation where they are going to have to make it a legal drug but have done so before proper testing can be done.

She's been given one bottle, the other five have yet to be returned to her. The HO have granted her a licence which sets a precedent and there will be a wealth of people clogging up the courts, far easier and better to legalise, surely?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:

She's been given one bottle, the other five have yet to be returned to her. The HO have granted her a licence which sets a precedent and there will be a wealth of people clogging up the courts, far easier and better to legalise, surely?

I think they will have no choice but to do so
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Dean wrote:So Goodwife hasn’t read the link and has used an incorrect example to justify letting a child die.

Can You just quote where I said that?

Transparent Dean.
Goodwife

Postby Dean » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Dean wrote:So Goodwife hasn’t read the link and has used an incorrect example to justify letting a child die.

Can You just quote where I said that?

Transparent Dean.

You said you haven’t read the link. Fact

You used an incorrect example of a lady in Saudi Arabia. Fact

You are against giving the child the medicine that will help him. Fact

Anything else?
Dean

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Goodwife wrote:

If it gets rid of the spice zombies on the streets and allows adults to imbibe in a civilised manner then where is the problem?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

If it gets rid of the spice zombies on the streets and allows adults to imbibe in a civilised manner then where is the problem?

Is spice cannabis? How will it get rid of them on the streets?

Using it for medical conditions where it is proven that it helps is a good move. Allowing it to be legal so the likes of the guests onJeremy Kyle can get high and it be legal are two different things.

But I am sure they can just legalise the oil as sure last time this subject came up I was told it was different to the stuff people smoke

Edit. Ps what the fuck is that Avi all about :ooer:
Goodwife

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Using it for medical conditions where it is proven that it helps is a good move. Allowing it to be legal so the likes of the guests onJeremy Kyle can get high and it be legal are two different things.

But I am sure they can just legalise the oil as sure last time this subject came up I was told it was different to the stuff people smoke

Spice is a former legal high that will fuck you up, much like meth does to Americans, it's popular amongst the feckless youth and the stupid. The JK reference is pretty useless because they're usually caned on Tennants as well but a nice strawman all the same.

Medicinal cannabis oil has the fun stuff taken out of it. I have always adored Kermit :wubbers:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Aaron_Silver » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Provided it's proven to be safe medicinal cannabis should be legalised.

My mother has suffered osteoarthritis for about 50 years. She has 2 artificial hips, one shoulder, one knee. She is now too old and frail to get the further 4 operations required. It cripples her. The extremely high dosage of opiates she's on help but cause as many problems as they solve. She sleeps almost 16 hours a day and has literally no appetite due to the opiates. I would love her to be able to try a safe form of cannabis. It certainly can be no worse than what she is currently going through.
Aaron_Silver

Postby Punk » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Stooo wrote:
A severely epileptic boy has been given back medicinal cannabis oil that was confiscated from his mother at customs, the home secretary has said.

Billy Caldwell, 12, received the oil after doctors made clear it was a "medical emergency", Sajid Javid said.

Billy's mother, Charlotte Caldwell, from County Tyrone, said they had "achieved the impossible" but called for the oil to be freely available.

Billy began using cannabis oil in 2016 to control his seizures.

The cannabis oil, which contains a substance called Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is illegal in the UK but available elsewhere.

Billy's most recent supply - which Ms Caldwell had tried to bring into the UK from Canada - was confiscated at Heathrow Airport on Monday and he was admitted to hospital before Mr Javid said it would be returned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44507135

When you dial in the fact that the Drugs Minister's husband is head of British Sugar (a company that provides medicinal cannabis to the rest of the world) and that the Prime Minister's husband is a major financier to that company, it draws into doubt as to whether this product should not be offered to suffering people in it's place of origin.

Is this the end of the wedge, how long before we have Amsterdam style coffee shops in our high (lol) streets?

The warehouse scene in London has these little booths where people sell weed and all the pipes, bongs, grinders etc. These are the old warehouses by the river Lea and tributaries in places like South Tottenham, Bow, Clapton. The Govt could raise billions by taxing the stuff.
Punk

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Indian Hemp Drugs Commission 2 March 1893.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_He ... Commission

This commision was set up by the British government because British troops with little access to alcohol started smoking weed.
Occasionally a soldier would run through a marketplace chopping the heads off innocent people or shooting them in mass murder sprees.
It was obviously the cannabis.
Only the commission found it wasn't the cannabis it was syphilis.
The report was one of history's biggest ever investigations into a drug.
The conclusion was cannabis use is more or less harmless.

Similar conclusions were arrived at in The Wooton Report of 1968.
Cannabis is more or less harmless.
“Having reviewed all the material available to us we find ourselves in agreement with the conclusion reached by the Indian Hemp Drugs Commission appointed by the Government of India (1891-1894) and the New York Mayor’s Committee on Marihuana (1944), that the long-term consumption of cannabis in moderate doses has no harmful effects.”
https://greendorphin.com/wootton-report ... abis-1969/

Then of course we have the famous Prof Nutt who was commissioned by the British government for what was to be a thorough and final look at whether or not cannabis was harmful to the British public.
Nutt was a government scientist but he was fired for coming back with the wrong results .... cannabis was more or less harmless.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News ... t-20170804

Cannabis is the most researched drug in history and the oldest recorded medicine in history.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Goodwife » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Spice is a former legal high that will fuck you up, much like meth does to Americans, it's popular amongst the feckless youth and the stupid. The JK reference is pretty useless because they're usually caned on Tennants as well but a nice strawman all the same.

Medicinal cannabis oil has the fun stuff taken out of it. I have always adored Kermit :wubbers:

Strawman? Wasn't that the bringing other drugs into it :gigglesnshit:

I don't know what the "fun" stuff is in cannabis

But do people not migrate onto a stronger drugs? I am not sure how legalising cannabis oil or even cannabis as a whole would help with the spice problem. In a way would it not make it worse. Drug dealers would need to replace the cannabis with something else

The government wont legalise cannabis as a whole anyway.
Goodwife

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms