Medicinal Cannabis In The UK

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Medicinal Cannabis In The UK

Postby Keyser » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Keyser wrote:Drinking ten bottles of turps a day is an excellent way to maintain one's health and vitality. :snooty:

What a strange post :yikes:

I am a strange bloke! :pmsl:
Keyser

Postby Aaron_Silver » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Keyser wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Keyser wrote:Drinking ten bottles of turps a day is an excellent way to maintain one's health and vitality. :snooty:

I doubt you'll get an argument from anyone here :gigglesnshit:
Aaron_Silver

Postby Keyser » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

I doubt you'll get an argument from anyone here :gigglesnshit:

Well you should know! :mrgreen:

How are you mate? :smilin:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:48 am

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
I know.
I suppose they’re all natural, in some way, but it’s not natural to consume them to the extent they harm your brain or body.

Not natural (more properly, unwise) to consume cornflakes or anything else to the same extent - it's a non-argument.

Some things are more harmful than others though.
Consuming too much Cornflakes coated in sugar is more harmful than just cornflakes.
Talking about drugs as if they’re candy is also harmful.

Cannabis is less harmful than sugar - talking about sugar is more harmful by your reckoning then. :scratch:

You can drive after consuming sugar. Anything that alters your mind enough to prevent you from being able to function normally is going to be harmful long term.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cleopatra » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:50 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
I know.
I suppose they’re all natural, in some way, but it’s not natural to consume them to the extent they harm your brain or body.

Not natural (more properly, unwise) to consume cornflakes or anything else to the same extent - it's a non-argument.

Consuming too much Cornflakes coated in sugar is more harmful than just cornflakes.

Cannabis is less harmful than sugar - talking about sugar is more harmful by your reckoning then. :scratch:

You can drive after consuming sugar. Anything that alters your mind enough to prevent you from being able to function normally is going to be harmful long term.

I fully agree. Even if regular, long-term cannabis use doesn't lead you to mental illness or harder drug use (and it often does), then at best you will end up a pot head, with no vitality or ambition other than how to get to the fridge and back.
Cleopatra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:57 am

Cleopatra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I fully agree. Even if regular, long-term cannabis use doesn't lead you to mental illness or harder drug use (and it often does), then at best you will end up a pot head, with no vitality or ambition other than how to get to the fridge and back.

Precisely. An apathetic population is easier to walk all over.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:05 am

What a load of crap.

Smoked for 30yrs or more and hold a high position, and I am not fat with fridge trips.
You're generalizing. When you are better informed come back.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:11 am

Guest wrote:What a load of crap.

Smoked for 30yrs or more and hold a high position, and I am not fat with fridge trips.
You're generalizing. When you are better informed come back.

When you have the courage to log in come back.

Or is your position too ‘high’?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Punk » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:37 am

Cleopatra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:Not natural (more properly, unwise) to consume cornflakes or anything else to the same extent - it's a non-argument.

Cannabis isn't a gateway drug, first users have either drank or smoked ciggies/roll ups before having a toke.
Punk

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:18 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:You can drive after consuming sugar. Anything that alters your mind enough to prevent you from being able to function normally is going to be harmful long term.

I held responsible jobs in the military, civil service and major corporations whilst enjoying cannabis on a regular basis. As your and LM's ill-informed remarks perfectly illustrate, talking bollox isn't confined to "pot-heads" after all. :roll:
McAz

Postby Jem » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:26 pm

McAz wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:You can drive after consuming sugar. Anything that alters your mind enough to prevent you from being able to function normally is going to be harmful long term.

I held responsible jobs in the military, civil service and major corporations whilst enjoying cannabis on a regular basis. As your and LM's ill-informed remarks perfectly illustrate, talking bollox isn't confined to "pot-heads" after all. :roll:

I agree with this. I've had huge responsibilities work wise and they were never affected by smoking.

Stereotyping cannabis smokers as has been done on this thread is lazy and ignorant.
Jem

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Jem wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

I agree with this. I've had huge responsibilities work wise and they were never affected by smoking.

Stereotyping cannabis smokers as has been done on this thread is lazy and ignorant.

It is - I'm surprised that two otherwise intelligent posters should be so ill-informed.
McAz

Postby Cleopatra » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:52 pm

McAz wrote:
Jem wrote:
McAz wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

It is - I'm surprised that two otherwise intelligent posters should be so ill-informed.

The damage from drug abuse to young minds and bodies that I've seen over many years has probably left me with an unassailable bias. I'm happy to admit that. Nothing will ever make me believe taking drugs is a good idea.
Cleopatra

Postby Jem » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:57 pm

I've seen more damage done by alcohol, both physically and mentally, than cannabis. Plus more domestic violence, violent assaults, injuries and death caused by drunk drivers, etc.

Alcohol is far more dangerous to society than cannabis.
Jem

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Cleopatra wrote:The damage from drug abuse to young minds and bodies that I've seen over many years has probably left me with an unassailable bias. I'm happy to admit that. Nothing will ever make me believe taking drugs is a good idea.

No-one is trying to convince you to take drugs. All I and others are asking you is not to support the criminalisation of those of us who choose to consume safer substances than alcohol, sugar and nicotine.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms