Should anything be off limits?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Should anything be off limits?

Postby Punk » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:59 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Punk wrote:
Guest wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:
Guest wrote:What topics of conversation should be off limits?
We all know that posters like Dean and Budgie like to post for shock value, so they make the most offensive posts and literally try to out shock each other, which ultimately is very childish and boring.

On the sensible side of the argument though is the question.

What should be considered too offensive or are all bets off and it's everyone for themselves, so in other words where do you draw the line, but having said that the buck has to stop with Stooo as site owner, or should posters be responsible for what they post.

To be fair, I was a lot more offensive 6 years ago....

I haven't even mentioned Thalidomide deformities, which enraged plenty back then... only reason I don't now is because of Sturgeon's government which took someone to court for training his dog to do a Nazi salute....

I'm pro-Independence but the SNP are quite the little Hitlers at times....

Seems to me that you, as a guest, want to control what members do on here. Why not log in and we can discuss....

I'm quite happy posting as a guest thanks.

So seeing as your friend Dean doesn't have the balls to answer the question maybe you do Budgie.

So why do you feel the need to be as offensive as possible?

Is it for shock value, and if so why or just why anyway?

I imagine that lots of it is for the shock reaction or playing to the audience. If people want to bite then that is up to them, they can hardly bleat ooo he made me bite, can they? Some people start threads KNOWING that they will be trolled mercilessly then play the victim, what is your opinion on why they do that?

Come to think of it,anything can be excused..Just gotta say "doing it for shock value" after the fact. :thumbsup:

I don't think I could vote for a Right Wing political party for the shock value. :grub:
Punk

Postby BUDGIE » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Guest wrote:I'm quite happy posting as a guest thanks.

So seeing as your friend Dean doesn't have the balls to answer the question maybe you do Budgie.

So why do you feel the need to be as offensive as possible?

Is it for shock value, and if so why or just why anyway?

It's for shock value, of course it is. What else could it be?

Think of it like this - you have people on the forum who will take offence at ANYTHING. I call them the grief athletes.

I like to cajole them into getting on their high horse so I can remind them of their past demeanours and hypocrisy. I've never pretended to be a paragon of virtue. Some have...

Nobody on forums has a spotless posting record - so when I post and they take offence, that just shows them up as the hypocrites they are.

If you would like any more info, this will cost you plenty dollah....
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby Dean » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:56 pm

Rockstar wrote:Come to think of it,anything can be excused..Just gotta say "doing it for shock value" after the fact. :thumbsup:

If that was the case, nobody would ever be banned. Certain people have different shock thresholds...
Dean

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Of course certain things should be off limits.

How is that even a question? The people who think there should be no limits are the types who want to say any sick/cruel thing that pops into their heads with no consequences.

Its not a coincidence that the people who think there should be no limits are almost without exception horrible people.

Postby Dean » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Guest wrote:Of course certain things should be off limits.

How is that even a question? The people who think there should be no limits are the types who want to say any sick/cruel thing that pops into their heads with no consequences.

Its not a coincidence that the people who think there should be no limits are almost without exception horrible people.

What offends one person might not offend another. It’s very subjective...
Dean

Postby McAz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:31 pm

Dean wrote:

Indeed. For example, I've never understood why Christians complain when you wish them an early death.
McAz

Postby Dean » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:33 pm

McAz wrote:
Dean wrote:

Indeed. For example, I've never understood why Christians complain when you wish them an early death.

Because they’d be heaven?
Dean

Postby dis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:34 pm

There are things that should be off limits I think, I hate hurting people’s feelings and wouldn’t think to say half the things folk say on here in arguments even though a lot of the time I don’t actually think the folk are serious.

I think I’m probably on the wrong forum, but I kinda like it here.
dis

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:36 pm

Dean wrote:

The question was should there be limits. There should IMO.

People disagreeing about what the limits are is not an argument for there being no limits (not that I'm saying thats what you meant).

Postby McAz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:36 pm

Dean wrote:
McAz wrote:
Dean wrote:

Exactly. Enjoying eternal life in the arms of their Saviour - you'd imagine they'd be glad to go.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:40 pm

dis wrote:There are things that should be off limits I think, I hate hurting people’s feelings and wouldn’t think to say half the things folk say on here in arguments even though a lot of the time I don’t actually think the folk are serious.

I think I’m probably on the wrong forum, but I kinda like it here.

You've got decent musical taste so you are forgiven your niceness. :smilin:
McAz

Postby Dean » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:41 pm

McAz wrote:
Dean wrote:
McAz wrote:
Dean wrote:

Exactly. Enjoying eternal life in the arms of their Saviour - you'd imagine they'd be glad to go.

I was raised Catholic, 2 hour masses every Friday at school, numerous church visits for family christening/confirmations/communions etc... I only have to repent on my death bed and I’m sweet. Gotta love Jesus!
Dean

Postby McAz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Dean wrote:I was raised Catholic, 2 hour masses every Friday at school, numerous church visits for family christening/confirmations/communions etc... I only have to repent on my death bed and I’m sweet. Gotta love Jesus!

It's what Constantine did and what Pascal advocates - Catholic or not it's always best to hedge your bets.
McAz

Postby Nucks » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:29 am

I think admin have said what is off limits, mainly doxing or using someone’s family to score points. In my comparatively short time here, I’ve gathered that’s what people like most about Dogs is that nearly anything goes. That doesn’t mean I personally feel certain things are ok to troll with. We’re all different. And we don’t always have the same response to something we feel was said for shock value. One person might feel drawing attention to it is the best way to combat it, others feel ignoring it a better tactic. Either way can get you grief though, you can be accused of taking the bait or why don’t you keep your beak out of it, and ignoring it brings accusations of condoning, etc. But more boring than all that is expecting others to be offended for us. Az, do you condone everything Dean says? NN, do you defend everything Vam says? Etc, etc, etc. Who fucking cares? Yes Rocky, I’m looking at you. You’re the worst one for making yourself out as some big social justice warrior. Have a hug ffs.
Nucks

Postby Rockstar » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:38 am

Nucks wrote:I think admin have said what is off limits, mainly doxing or using someone’s family to score points. In my comparatively short time here, I’ve gathered that’s what people like most about Dogs is that nearly anything goes. That doesn’t mean I personally feel certain things are ok to troll with. We’re all different. And we don’t always have the same response to something we feel was said for shock value. One person might feel drawing attention to it is the best way to combat it, others feel ignoring it a better tactic. Either way can get you grief though, you can be accused of taking the bait or why don’t you keep your beak out of it, and ignoring it brings accusations of condoning, etc. But more boring than all that is expecting others to be offended for us. Az, do you condone everything Dean says? NN, do you defend everything Vam says? Etc, etc, etc. Who fucking cares? Yes Rocky, I’m looking at you. You’re the worst one for making yourself out as some big social justice warrior. Have a hug ffs.

You are still butthurt over defending Trapper? :gigglesnshit:

Next time don't troll against me and there would be no lessons to be taught. :thumbsup: :cuppaT:
Rockstar

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms