What's on the menu tonight? Course 5

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 5

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:47 am

Gammon, egg and chips tonight..... a simple, no prep meal! :canny:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Boiled the beef rib for a couple of hours and divided the rest of the detritus from Sunday dinner into meat and cod fat. Got half a pound of diced beef that I sliced up really fine and bunged it in the pot with the leftovers and now I've got a chilli bubbling away on the hob. The cod fat from the rib is rendering down to make some proper dripping fat for future roasting and frying duty :drool:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Fish, chips, peas and fishcake for £4, can get that darn sarth.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Fish, chips, peas and fishcake for £4, can get that darn sarth.

Do tell where you can get that in the South, I'd have to pay a good three quid more than that.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Missed off "'t"
Ray of Sunshine

Postby MG2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:50 am

What with having a heavy cold and coming out of a chest infection I've only wanted 'clean' food. Salad and broth. Probably chicken broth again tonight!
MG2

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:41 pm

I’m seriously thinking of becoming vegetarian.... I was told today that when butchers find cancerous tumours in meat they just cut them out and still sell the rest... mostly just mince it!!.... WTF?? :paranoid:
Gabby

Postby VR6storm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Medallions of Pork Filet (au jus) on a splodge of Roast Parsnip and Chestnut puree, sliced green beans and a Potato Gratin. I have Bramley Apple Crumble and Custard for pud, washed down with a glass or three of a nice crisp Albariño. :drool:
VR6storm

Postby Wilson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:40 pm

VR6storm wrote:Medallions of Pork Filet (au jus) on a splodge of Roast Parsnip and Chestnut puree, sliced green beans and a Potato Gratin. I have Bramley Apple Crumble and Custard for pud, washed down with a glass or three of a nice crisp Albariño. :drool:

That "splodge" sounds good.

It's just jacket spuds with cheese & coleslaw in our house tonight. Feeling lazy.
Wilson

Postby Niv » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Gabby wrote:I’m seriously thinking of becoming vegetarian.... I was told today that when butchers find cancerous tumours in meat they just cut them out and still sell the rest... mostly just mince it!!.... WTF?? :paranoid:

That is true!
I watched a programme with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall when he was campaigning about battery hens. It showed some of the conditions the birds were kept in. It also did an undercover bit where they showed the birds being prepared for supermarkets, and they said if a bird has cancers or cage burn infections, they just chop of the affected part, and use the rest. It was vile :pukeup:
Niv

Postby VR6storm » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:29 am

Wilson wrote:
VR6storm wrote:Medallions of Pork Filet (au jus) on a splodge of Roast Parsnip and Chestnut puree, sliced green beans and a Potato Gratin. I have Bramley Apple Crumble and Custard for pud, washed down with a glass or three of a nice crisp Albariño. :drool:

That "splodge" sounds good.

It's just jacket spuds with cheese & coleslaw in our house tonight. Feeling lazy.
It was - bloody delicious. And i've got some left over for a revisit
during the week. :drool:
VR6storm

Postby xtras1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:34 pm

Sounds delicious, not a lover of pork though. :bawlin:
xtras1

Postby Gabby » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:20 pm

Nivarna wrote:
Gabby wrote:I’m seriously thinking of becoming vegetarian.... I was told today that when butchers find cancerous tumours in meat they just cut them out and still sell the rest... mostly just mince it!!.... WTF?? :paranoid:

That is true!
I watched a programme with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall when he was campaigning about battery hens. It showed some of the conditions the birds were kept in. It also did an undercover bit where they showed the birds being prepared for supermarkets, and they said if a bird has cancers or cage burn infections, they just chop of the affected part, and use the rest. It was vile :pukeup:

It’s put me right off tbh... I literally couldn’t eat the meat on my plate yesterday wondering if it had cancer! :thud:
Gabby

Postby Nucks » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:01 pm

Chicken wings and sautéed cabbage.
Nucks

Postby Gabby » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Homemade pizzas tonight, the dough is in the bread maker as I type!...... and a chilled bottle of prosseco to go with it! :leer:
Gabby

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive