Scorchio!!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Scorchio!!

Postby Keyser » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Kat wrote:
Keyser wrote:Bloody cold.

Might even turn the fire on later and watch a good horror film.

Wow man thought I was nesh gerra jumper on :gigglesnshit:

Bloody cheek! :mrgreen:
Keyser

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Keyser wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not really into horrors or thrillers but this week I've watched the boy, Stephen kings a good marriage and tonight I'm watching 1922. Turned al horror and thriller all of a sudden.

A well crated horror film is always a treat - and there have been some masterpieces from abroad over the last few decades - for example 'Låt Den Rätte Komma In' (Let the Right One In) was one of the most atmospheric, haunting, disturbing and beautiful films that I have ever seen. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that. It has some high ratings on rotten tomatoes. I'll watch it tomorrow night. 1922 was just ok. More of a moral message to it than horror. His bad deed ruined his life. His killed his wife because she wanted to sell the land and his land was his life, his prestige. He wanted to leave it to his son and pass it down the family So he murdered his wife with the help of his son Through that all other lives were ruined including his. Nice seeing the old cars though.

Postby Keyser » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not really into horrors or thrillers but this week I've watched the boy, Stephen kings a good marriage and tonight I'm watching 1922. Turned al horror and thriller all of a sudden.

A well crated horror film is always a treat - and there have been some masterpieces from abroad over the last few decades - for example 'Låt Den Rätte Komma In' (Let the Right One In) was one of the most atmospheric, haunting, disturbing and beautiful films that I have ever seen. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that. It has some high ratings on rotten tomatoes. I'll watch it tomorrow night. 1922 was just ok. More of a moral message to it than horror. His bad deed ruined his life. His killed his wife because she wanted to sell the land and his land was his life, his prestige. He wanted to leave it to his son and pass it down the family So he murdered his wife with the help of his son Through that all other lives were ruined including his. Nice seeing the old cars though.

A few others from abroad you might enjoy. :thumbsup:

Ringu (The Ring).
Ju-On (The Grudge).
À l'intérieur (Inside).
El Espinazo Del Diablo (The Devil's Backbone).
El Orfanato (The Orphanage).
El Laberinto Del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth).
[REC].
Keyser

Postby Drunk Dalek » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:52 am

It is still shorts and tshirt weather here or in the case of us Daleks, air-con level 2 (of 20) :yess:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:58 am

Daily rain here in heavy downpours to fine drizzle and everything in between. Still very stuffy though.
Crops have a smile on their faces but it's a bit late for some and where the rain has come down really heavy it's not possible now to get heavy machinery in now.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:It is still shorts and tshirt weather here or in the case of us Daleks, air-con level 2 (of 20) :yess:

Shorts really? Skirts but not shorts here but the lawns are green again. :canny:
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:It is still shorts and tshirt weather here or in the case of us Daleks, air-con level 2 (of 20) :yess:

Shorts really? Skirts but not shorts here but the lawns are green again. :canny:

Bloody humid here. Oh but the plants are recovering nicely from the previous scorching weather
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:37 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Bloody humid here. Oh but the plants are recovering nicely from the previous scorching weather

Oh it’s fresh n breezy here, light jumper and skirts weather. Have to mow the lawn, first time it’s needed doing in months! :twirl:
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Oh it’s fresh n breezy here, light jumper and skirts weather. Have to mow the lawn, first time it’s needed doing in months! :twirl:

Mowing the lawn? Get a gardener in to do it.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:43 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Mowing the lawn? Get a gardener in to do it.

What for? I’m not an invalid. :scratch:
Besides, I have two sons who can do it for free. :mrgreen:
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Okay, get your lads to mow it for you. My problem is the large bushes/small trees that I need to give a regular haircut as they are quite prolific in the speed of their growth.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:56 pm

LordRaven wrote:Okay, get your lads to mow it for you. My problem is the large bushes/small trees that I need to give a regular haircut as they are quite prolific in the speed of their growth.

Oh I get a man in for those. You need the proper heavy duty machinery to trim those buggers and get rid of the surplus, or recycle it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Okay, get your lads to mow it for you. My problem is the large bushes/small trees that I need to give a regular haircut as they are quite prolific in the speed of their growth.

Oh I get a man in for those. You need the proper heavy duty machinery to trim those buggers and get rid of the surplus, or recycle it.

It is a pain, one of them grows so bloody fast. I have had a quote to get it lopped come September, and that will be it for another year before the tree chap needs to visit again.

The bloody weeds still keep appearing, I will need to Novichok the bastards soon.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Drunk Dalek » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Yup. Cloudy with sunny spells. 22° with a light breeze. :smilin:
Drunk Dalek

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:04 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

It is a pain, one of them grows so bloody fast. I have had a quote to get it lopped come September, and that will be it for another year before the tree chap needs to visit again.

The bloody weeds still keep appearing, I will need to Novichok the bastards soon.

Or you can just dig them up. Enough with the chemicals!

Drunk Dalek wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Yup. Cloudy with sunny spells. 22° with a light breeze. :smilin:

:thumbsup:
A more normal summer now, certainly more comfortable and green.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms