It's too much for me again. :thud:
Raggamuffin

Re: Scorchio!!

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:17 pm

It's cooling down over the week.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:It's cooling down over the week.

That's true. I'm looking forward to that. :canny:
Raggamuffin

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Another wonderfully hot today in London

It's too much for me again. :thud:

I can't sit out there for long
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby megaera » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:14 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
megaera wrote:We had to cut our long weekend camping break short because it was too hot and dusty :bawlin:

Inside the tent was like a sauna after 10am and there was very little shade. To cap it off the toilet and shower facilities were awful so you couldn't cool off by having a shower or even dousing yourself in water :grrrrr:

Oh no. I do not blame you! I wouldn’t have been sticking around life that either. It’s be theshower situation that tipped me over the edge.

How are you doing? Can’t be too comfortable in this heat. How many weeks now?

Its bearable now I'm home with my fans :pmsl:

I'm about 14 weeks now
megaera

Postby Keyser » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:29 pm

megaera wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
megaera wrote:We had to cut our long weekend camping break short because it was too hot and dusty :bawlin:

Inside the tent was like a sauna after 10am and there was very little shade. To cap it off the toilet and shower facilities were awful so you couldn't cool off by having a shower or even dousing yourself in water :grrrrr:

Oh no. I do not blame you! I wouldn’t have been sticking around life that either. It’s be theshower situation that tipped me over the edge.

I'm about 14 weeks now

Are you a football team? :mrgreen:

Glad it's all going well. X
Keyser

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:39 pm

megaera wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

I'm about 14 weeks now

Fans? :gigglesnshit:

Oooh 2nd tri! Over the shitty first trimester?
NastyNickers

Postby Hummingbird » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:58 pm

jra wrote:
Hummingbird wrote:

We're off camping in a fortnight, hoping it might have cooled down a bit. More worried that the ground will be too hard to get the pegs in! We get electric hook up, often for a heater, will need to take a fan instead!!!

Don't worry about the ground being too hard. Pegs will go in easily enough with a hammer or even a flat stone.

Not always, the metal pegs can bend, if I take the thick plastic ones they've split before on really hard ground. Just have to hope.
Hummingbird

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:02 pm

too hot to have been chasing round panicking about a missing dog all day

but all's well now, I just need to cool down

and for Meg :wubbers:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:38 pm

I've cut down my work week to 3 days, as soon as I finish the latest project I'm off for the rest of the summer.
The family will head to our summer house full time. Days will be spent lounging beside the pool and BBQ's
And day trips for the kids.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Guest wrote:I've cut down my work week to 3 days, as soon as I finish the latest project I'm off for the rest of the summer.
The family will head to our summer house full time. Days will be spent lounging beside the pool and BBQ's
And day trips for the kids.

A happy post for once. Sounds wonderful. Enjoy. No doubt you'll find a new project amongst the lazy days. :thumbsup:

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:01 am

Very nice here again today :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:11 am

Last hot day for a while, same temperature as the page number.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby jra » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:35 am

Hummingbird wrote:
jra wrote:
Hummingbird wrote:

We're off camping in a fortnight, hoping it might have cooled down a bit. More worried that the ground will be too hard to get the pegs in! We get electric hook up, often for a heater, will need to take a fan instead!!!

Don't worry about the ground being too hard. Pegs will go in easily enough with a hammer or even a flat stone.

Not always, the metal pegs can bend, if I take the thick plastic ones they've split before on really hard ground. Just have to hope.

If the metal pegs bend, that's what the hammer is for. Straightening them out. If the metal pegs bend, it's more likely you've hit an underground stone, rather than the soil being too dry, IMO. Also, I wouldn't recommend using plastic pegs. Plastic has a tendency to go brittle over time.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms