Trump's UK Visit

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Trump's UK Visit

Postby Maddog » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:59 pm

"Gov. Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaida is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia, not al-Qaida. You said Russia ... the 1980s, they're now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War's been over for 20 years,"

Who was the clever fella that said this?

I don't think Russia has changed one bit, but the opinions of the left and the right in terms of Russia sure have flip flopped. :ooer:

No doubt there are plenty of Ukranians that could probably confirm what sort of things the Russians are up to, yet quite a few folks thought it was just due to some active imaginations a few years ago.

Anyway, there is no doubt the Russians want to cause instability in the US, through the use of propaganda and revealing of confidential emails. I don't think they actually thought Trump would win, but they were counting on a very disliked and untrusted Hillary winning, with a Republican congress and fanatic Trump supporters sure that a criminal had stolen the election. Trump's victory is just a little icing on the cake. Impeachment hearings would add another layer of icing on that cake. No doubt Trump is making it easy for Putin.

Anyway, it's exciting times in the land of the sorta free. :thumbsup:
Maddog

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:31 am

Russia did not invade Ukraine.
I speak often to a lady married to a Ukrainian.
He's there she's here.
The people of the Ukraine don't want American or EU meddling in their country.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:22 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Russia did not invade Ukraine.
He's there she's here.

Never said Russia invaded the Ukraine. They didn't steal any emails either. Putin said so yesterday. :leer:
Maddog

Postby Abs » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:24 am

McAz wrote:
charlie wrote:
McAz wrote:
Keyser wrote:
McAz wrote:Nothing shameful about claiming what you're entitled to. :more beer:

Don't say that on here Mac! :doomed: :gigglesnshit:

Dogs; home of the world's most honourable men and most virtuous women. :gigglesnshit:

You said it!! :wurms:

Why the fuck would you join a forum such as this if you were the pinnacle of virtue - the milk of ambrosia, etc....

I am the exception of course, but when I joined it was classy joint. :snooty:

Hey! Don't forget about me! :snooty: :gigglesnshit:
Abs

Postby jra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:39 am

He's there she's here.

They've fucked it up somewhat already all on their own.

Ukraine won't be joining the EU either soon, as it's not a free country and has somewhere to go before it meets EU criteria.

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom ... 18/ukraine

The US is eroding democracy. Russia and China are continuing their interference.

A very long article, but IMO important to read.

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom ... world-2018
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:41 am

Maddog wrote:"Gov. Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that al-Qaida is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia, not al-Qaida. You said Russia ... the 1980s, they're now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War's been over for 20 years,"

Who was the clever fella that said this?

I don't think Russia has changed one bit, but the opinions of the left and the right in terms of Russia sure have flip flopped. :ooer:

No doubt there are plenty of Ukranians that could probably confirm what sort of things the Russians are up to, yet quite a few folks thought it was just due to some active imaginations a few years ago.

Anyway, there is no doubt the Russians want to cause instability in the US, through the use of propaganda and revealing of confidential emails. I don't think they actually thought Trump would win, but they were counting on a very disliked and untrusted Hillary winning, with a Republican congress and fanatic Trump supporters sure that a criminal had stolen the election. Trump's victory is just a little icing on the cake. Impeachment hearings would add another layer of icing on that cake. No doubt Trump is making it easy for Putin.

Anyway, it's exciting times in the land of the sorta free. :thumbsup:

Seems like Putin is running the world atm, or is that what Trump wants him to believe? :srs?:
Lady Murasaki

Postby SF » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:33 pm

In case you didn't catch it, here's Trump's 'message on Brexit'. Unbelievable. If you did catch it first time round it's still worth a replay.

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1017396690326884352
SF

Postby Keyser » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:18 pm

SF wrote:In case you didn't catch it, here's Trump's 'message on Brexit'. Unbelievable. If you did catch it first time round it's still worth a replay.

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1017396690326884352

Nothing is unbelievable for this prick.

Yet his followerrs will still support him in whatever he does.

He could murder, roast and eat a newborn baby live on air and they would find an excuse to justify it or call it fake news - including the pro-lifers. :brickwall:
Keyser

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:37 pm

the fallout of the Trump tariffs may include job losses for hundreds of thousands of American workers.

On Monday, the stock market plunged, with a broad selloff in tech stocks and the Dow dropping over 300 points. The iconically American motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson also said on Monday it was moving some production operations overseas. And word spread that a Missouri nail manufacturer named Mid-Continent Nail just laid off 60 workers and could be out of business by the end of the summer.

The Trump trade war has been blamed for all of the events above. What’s more, a wide range of analysts and studies shows that the Trump tariffs are likely to kill the jobs of many more American workers, either because protectionist trade policies push companies to shift jobs overseas or because companies are forced to eliminate jobs entirely after finding they can no longer compete in the global marketplace.
http://time.com/money/5322347/trump-tariffs-jobs/
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Just when you think Trump couldn't be a bigger fuckwitted bawbag than he already is, he comes out with this.

Trump-Putin summit: US president reverses remark on Russia meddling.

"In a key sentence in my remarks, I said the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't," he said
"The sentence should have been: 'I don't see any reason why I wouldn't' or 'why it wouldn't be Russia'. Sort of a double negative."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44864739

:shoot:

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:17 pm

Keyser wrote:He makes Baby Bush look like Abraham fucking Lincoln - the Founding Fathers (many of whom were extremely intelligent scientific men and atheists in all but name) must be spinning in their graves.

Na, they would have turned in their graves when the slaves where freed and women where alowed to swear oaths.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Maddog wrote:
He's there she's here.

Never said Russia invaded the Ukraine. They didn't steal any emails either. Putin said so yesterday. :leer:

That's right they didn't!

It was an unsecure server in the bathroom when the Clintons where in office :thumbsup: Your getting there MD, slowly but surely
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:32 pm

And the Ukrain owes between $3-6 billion in oil revinue to Russia. Hence the reason the two pipelines to the north of germany.

As for Crimea, what is Britains interest there? Oh, the southern pipeline.

It should be noted that 5 years ago the Ukraine was actually doing well. Very low foreign debt. Infrastructure was improoving capital was flowing in. Investment oportunities whe abound.
art0hur0moh

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:57 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:the fallout of the Trump tariffs may include job losses for hundreds of thousands of American workers.

On Monday, the stock market plunged, with a broad selloff in tech stocks and the Dow dropping over 300 points. The iconically American motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson also said on Monday it was moving some production operations overseas. And word spread that a Missouri nail manufacturer named Mid-Continent Nail just laid off 60 workers and could be out of business by the end of the summer.

The Trump trade war has been blamed for all of the events above. What’s more, a wide range of analysts and studies shows that the Trump tariffs are likely to kill the jobs of many more American workers, either because protectionist trade policies push companies to shift jobs overseas or because companies are forced to eliminate jobs entirely after finding they can no longer compete in the global marketplace.
http://time.com/money/5322347/trump-tariffs-jobs/

Aint it crazy. When Sanders talked about doing this stuff, many of the Dems cheered and the Reps laughed.

Now it's just the opposite.

:dunno:
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Maddog wrote:
He's there she's here.

That's right they didn't!

It was an unsecure server in the bathroom when the Clintons where in office :thumbsup: Your getting there MD, slowly but surely

Coming from you, I'm not entirely sure "there" is anywhere I want to be, but thanks anyway. :more beer:
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms