Random Stuff Part 23

Just awful stuff

Re: Random Stuff Part 23

Postby Goodwife » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:44 pm

dis wrote:My tumble dryer is making a screeching noise...someone is coming out tomorrow :bawlin:

Are you going to whiz round with the air freshner before you let him in :gigglesnshit:
Goodwife

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:47 pm

dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:It does sound like that Nucks. :mrgreen:

LadyM we got this tumble dryer at the time with some safety issues and were doing repair or replacements for a load of differ on models, we paid a wee bit extra to get this one. What happened with this was that the timer didn’t go off and it was on for hours and hours, when my husband opened the door the back was glowing red. So the tumble dryer man replaced the heater and the timer but somehow it’s now making this almighty noise. If they can’t fix it we will get a replacement but it’s annoying not having a tumble dryer.

Do you need one in the summer?
Don’t some dryers catch fire because they don’t stop when they’re supposed to?
Maybe her onto the manufacturer to replace or refund it.

I don’t need one really but I do like to put my towels in for 5 minutes to soften them up and the last few weeks here it’s been raining most days. I think if he can’t fix it he will jus they is a new one, I hope.

How are you going with your tiles?

The tiles are long gone, I’m waiting on the plasterer to smooth over my damage work. Now I’m choosing new ones and in the designing stage but someone else will be installing stuff.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Goodwife wrote:
dis wrote:My tumble dryer is making a screeching noise...someone is coming out tomorrow :bawlin:

Are you going to whiz round with the air freshner before you let him in :gigglesnshit:

:laughing:
Lady Murasaki

Postby dis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Goodwife wrote:

Aye, I was thinking that. They’ve given me a time slot and my husband will be home with a working nose so he’ll notice any honks that may be lingering.
dis

Postby dis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

LadyM we got this tumble dryer at the time with some safety issues and were doing repair or replacements for a load of differ on models, we paid a wee bit extra to get this one. What happened with this was that the timer didn’t go off and it was on for hours and hours, when my husband opened the door the back was glowing red. So the tumble dryer man replaced the heater and the timer but somehow it’s now making this almighty noise. If they can’t fix it we will get a replacement but it’s annoying not having a tumble dryer.

I don’t need one really but I do like to put my towels in for 5 minutes to soften them up and the last few weeks here it’s been raining most days. I think if he can’t fix it he will jus they is a new one, I hope.

The tiles are long gone, I’m waiting on the plasterer to smooth over my damage work. Now I’m choosing new ones and in the designing stage but someone else will be installing stuff.

I like the designing stage. We stupidly (well, it was me actually) decided to have black tiles in our bathroom, they look amazing but are so hard to keep clean. I hope you love whatever you get.
dis

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:53 pm

dis wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

Aye, I was thinking that. They’ve given me a time slot and my husband will be home with a working nose so he’ll notice any honks that may be lingering.

:pmsl: You have a way with words!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:57 pm

dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I like the designing stage. We stupidly (well, it was me actually) decided to have black tiles in our bathroom, they look amazing but are so hard to keep clean. I hope you love whatever you get.

Yeah, I’ve seen black tiles in bathrooms, they do look good initially but don’t age so well. I’ve had white tiles for years, they didn’t age no matter how often they were cleaned. I’m veering towards a misty grey, I like neutral colours in the house.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Coming to North Wales?
Gt your dates right because the following article is all about utter chaos on the roads for many miles around.
Many miles.
Knowing the back routes is one thing but even those will be stressed badly and the back routes around this are all very narrow roads. Normally fast narrow roads but the volume of traffic is going to be something again.
Cyclists stay away because in the middle of this lot you will become the objects of hate.

17th August
Westbound carriageway on underbridge near Llanddulas set to close for five weeks

The westbound carriageway of the underbridge near junction 23 into Llanddulas is set to be closed for five weeks.
September 17 and will run through until October 18.
This work requires a full closure of the westbound carriageway in the area with a single lane running traffic in both directions all day and night for up to five weeks.
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news ... ive-weeks/
Attachments
A55Five WEEKSClosure.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Dis, I left a comment for you back on this thread, to get rid of the smell on your pooch :wubwub:

Postby Dean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Guest wrote:Dis, I left a comment for you back on this thread, to get rid of the smell on your pooch :wubwub:

The “throw it in the canal” comment? :kinell:
Dean

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:Dis, I left a comment for you back on this thread, to get rid of the smell on your pooch :wubwub:

The “throw it in the canal” comment? :kinell:

No, I must have posted after yours :Hiya:

Postby dis » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Oh aye, cheers for that. I was thinking about that last night in my bed :ooer:

We managed to get rid of the stink but we clippered her wool off (I did mean to say wool, that’s what it’s like) and washed her again, but 8 will keep that in mind, it makes sense because I seem to remember spraying vinegar all over the place after she’d peed when we were housetraining her.

I hate the smell of tomato sauce though, I can eat it but if someone leaves it on a plate and doesn’t rinse it, it really makes me feel sick. Maybe vinegar would work on it’s own?

Or perhaps she could stop going in shit.
dis

Postby Fletch » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Coming to North Wales?
Gt your dates right because the following article is all about utter chaos on the roads for many miles around.
Many miles.
Knowing the back routes is one thing but even those will be stressed badly and the back routes around this are all very narrow roads. Normally fast narrow roads but the volume of traffic is going to be something again.
Cyclists stay away because in the middle of this lot you will become the objects of hate.

17th August
Westbound carriageway on underbridge near Llanddulas set to close for five weeks

The westbound carriageway of the underbridge near junction 23 into Llanddulas is set to be closed for five weeks.
This work requires a full closure of the westbound carriageway in the area with a single lane running traffic in both directions all day and night for up to five weeks.

But what a lovely view whist you're waiting. :artist:
Fletch

Postby Goodwife » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Many miles.

17th August

I have driven on that road, it is very pretty.

Ooh I did nearly book wales for my Oct Hollibobs but after the last two experiences opted for somewhere new. Thank god because one of my pet hates is sitting in traffic jams
Last edited by Goodwife on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodwife

Postby Dean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:06 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Many miles.

17th August

I have driven on that road, it is very pretty.

Ooh I did nearly book wales for my Oct Hollibobs but after the last two experiences opted for somewhere new. Thank god be ause one of my pet hstes is sitting in traffic jams

It can’t be good for your old bones, sitting in traffic...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to Really Crap Threads