Boris Johnson

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Boris Johnson

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Dogs Supporter wrote:I'd deport all benefit cheats as well as those that abused the disabled parking badges and those that parked in them without proper authority.

:pmsl: Classic.

I regularly stop in the disabled spots at Argos when I'm delivering there and get no shit from anyone including wardens when I stop on the double yellows. There's some funny old laws out there... :wink:

Yeah, but you only wear your burqa at home.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Boris is Boris and I don't think anyone will have any influence whatsoever on what he says and does.
As for banning the Burka? I am very open minded and if the ladies who wear it are happy then that is fine by me, I don't see any point in enforcing a ban.
I am though a bit concerned about villains wearing them for nefarious activities, as per the film Anti - Social with Meghan Markle

Boris is trying to be Trump-like. Let’s hope Britain isn’t USA-like.

That is a worry, but populism is becoming popular :smilin:

I really wouldn't like this country to go the route of America but with this ridiculous Brexit nonsense seemingly sending us into poverty I am not holding my breath, I fear for the future and a rise in Nationalism.

The future does not look bright and when things go wrong people will start looking for someone to blame and they will listen to agenda merchants.

Yeah, it’s amazing how easy it is to stir up racial hatred isn’t it?

We should always be vigililant of those who do it inadvertently like Bojo because the Neanderthals will use any excuse to take out their frustrations on others.

inadvertently :pmsl:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Boris is Boris and I don't think anyone will have any influence whatsoever on what he says and does.
As for banning the Burka? I am very open minded and if the ladies who wear it are happy then that is fine by me, I don't see any point in enforcing a ban.
I am though a bit concerned about villains wearing them for nefarious activities, as per the film Anti - Social with Meghan Markle

Boris is trying to be Trump-like. Let’s hope Britain isn’t USA-like.

That is a worry, but populism is becoming popular :smilin:

I really wouldn't like this country to go the route of America but with this ridiculous Brexit nonsense seemingly sending us into poverty I am not holding my breath, I fear for the future and a rise in Nationalism.

The future does not look bright and when things go wrong people will start looking for someone to blame and they will listen to agenda merchants.

Yeah, it’s amazing how easy it is to stir up racial hatred isn’t it?

We should always be vigililant of those who do it inadvertently like Bojo because the Neanderthals will use any excuse to take out their frustrations on others.

inadvertently :pmsl:

It’s all relative, some rant openly, some are more sly about it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:I’m not surprised you struggle with logic. Both outlooks are to do with liberating women from what men want and expect from them. It would be nice to live in a world where some women weren’t reduced to showing T&A to be gainfully employed as slobber fodder OR have to live under a sheet because some men think female flesh is a geeenlight to sexual harassment.

Thanks for agreeing that there is no logic to it.

Thanks for confirming that you are indeed a special kind of stupid.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:I’m not surprised you struggle with logic. Both outlooks are to do with liberating women from what men want and expect from them. It would be nice to live in a world where some women weren’t reduced to showing T&A to be gainfully employed as slobber fodder OR have to live under a sheet because some men think female flesh is a geeenlight to sexual harassment.

Still can't do it eh?
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Dogs Supporter wrote:I'd deport all benefit cheats as well as those that abused the disabled parking badges and those that parked in them without proper authority.

I regularly stop in the disabled spots at Argos when I'm delivering there and get no shit from anyone including wardens when I stop on the double yellows. There's some funny old laws out there... :wink:

It's a red one with a thick black seam on the bottom, along with the golden crown on the front I may have issues if I step outside with it on :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Muslim women's rights activists argue that banning the burqa and/or niqab could mean that many Muslim women would be prevented by their husbands from venturing outside their homes, thereby curtailing any freedom they enjoy.

A reasonable assumption, I guess, especially in the most devout of Muslim households.

But then, the menfolk would have to do the daily school runs and the weekly food shopping.... so...... :dunno:
Vam

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

It's a red one with a thick black seam on the bottom, along with the golden crown on the front I may have issues if I step outside with it on :ooer:

You should be okay if you keep your mouth firmly closed and don't stand still for too long.
Last edited by McAz on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Vam wrote:Muslim women's rights activists argue that banning the burqa and/or niqab could mean that many Muslim women would be prevented by their husbands from venturing outside their homes, thereby curtailing any freedom they enjoy.

A reasonable assumption, I guess, especially in the most devout of Muslim households.

But then, the menfolk would have to do the daily school runs and the weekly food shopping.... so...... :dunno:

I listed to some heartfelt calls today from British Muslim ladies who took the plunge and wore covering garments, TBH, they sounded like born again Christians. I didn't hear one call from anyone who was forced to wear them.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby megaera » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Vam wrote:Muslim women's rights activists argue that banning the burqa and/or niqab could mean that many Muslim women would be prevented by their husbands from venturing outside their homes, thereby curtailing any freedom they enjoy.

Tbh, the preventing women from leaving their homes thing is just as bad as forcing them to cover up.

One shouldn't be used to excuse the other.
megaera

Postby Vam » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Stooo wrote:

I listed to some heartfelt calls today from British Muslim ladies who took the plunge and wore covering garments, TBH, they sounded like born again Christians. I didn't hear one call from anyone who was forced to wear them.

Good for them :thumbsup: I know 3 Muslim women very well - 'feisty' doesn't come even close! They always go their own way. :gigglesnshit:

I was talking about a minority, Stooo. But, sadly, it's a minority that definitely exists.
Vam

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:17 pm

McAz wrote:You should be okay if you don't stand still for too long and keep your mouth firmly closed.

Having an eye to eye meeting with DD would be... confusing :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Stooo wrote:

Not surprising when they've been brought up in strict Muslim male-controlled households is it?

They have to do as they're told, then they're passed from Dad's control to husband's control.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Red Okktober » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Stooo wrote:I listed to some heartfelt calls today from British Muslim ladies who took the plunge and wore covering garments, TBH, they sounded like born again Christians. I didn't hear one call from anyone who was forced to wear them.

Because their husbands have forbidden them from having phones (or radios). :thumbsup:
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:

Still can't do it eh?

I explained quite succinctly why both those concepts are not at odds with liberal views. The failure to grasp is on your part, Ray. :thumbsup:

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms