5G.....

A right load of bollocks...

Re: 5G.....

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Gigabit wrote:Also the complaints about this being somehow specific to 5G show a total misunderstanding about mobile cellular technology, as is most often the case with people that complain. They complain about things they don't understand.

The rollout of 5G in the UK will not be any different in its functionality to that of 2G, 3G or 4G. The underlying technology is exactly the same and indeed will use higher frequencies which propagate even worse than current frequencies (800MHz being the lowest at present), so actually 5G would be less harmful!

Stop being so hard up on Rollup
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Gigabit wrote:This is exactly the same fucking debate as Brexit. We've had enough of experts, those pesky engineers with their PHDs; those pesky technologists pushing the human race forward. Fuck them, am I right? I'll stick with my isolated bunker in some forest somewhere.

The truth is people are scared of things they don't understand. The solution is better education, not to ban things because you don't understand how they work.

Hear hear!!!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Gigabit » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:Also the complaints about this being somehow specific to 5G show a total misunderstanding about mobile cellular technology, as is most often the case with people that complain. They complain about things they don't understand.

The rollout of 5G in the UK will not be any different in its functionality to that of 2G, 3G or 4G. The underlying technology is exactly the same and indeed will use higher frequencies which propagate even worse than current frequencies (800MHz being the lowest at present), so actually 5G would be less harmful!

The problem with 5G i9s there will be a mast on almost every lamppost in your street.
Right outside your bedroom window and your next door neighbours and their next door neighbours and on.
These waves are affected by and effect vegetation.
5G is also weaponised for use in riot control.

I know that you're out in the sticks but I just did a wi-fi scan mate :again?:

But 5G will mean the removal of an awful lot of trees across the land in towns and cities not just the sticks.

No it won't, LOS transceivers are pretty good nowadays. I tendered for an EU sponsored contract in 2006 that involved turning the county of Cornwall into a high speed wifi zone with LOS tech. Openreach promised to fibre every property instead and the project was binned. How many Cornish properties have access to high speed internet through fibre despite the headend for the cross-continent cables landing at Penzance do you think there are?

Clue: I've done plenty of sat broadband installs in Penzance that offer at best 3.5 MB but it's better than you can get from the phoneline...

FTTC is a con, what more evidence do you need of private monopolies than that con, ensuring BT keeps its hands on our infrastructure for another decade. The reason they are terrified of fibre is because they wouldn't have a monopoly anymore.

Make a state company and roll out FTTP to all, profits aren't important, it is about connecting people for the future, increasing productivity and creating thousands of new jobs. We could easily have the best infrastructure on the planet if we actually bothered to invest in it.
Gigabit

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Very good Gigabit, you are on fire today.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Gigabit » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:34 pm

LordRaven wrote:Very good Gigabit, you are on fire today.

I'm simply stating the facts. Anyone is free to research them.
Gigabit

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Gigabit wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

The problem with 5G i9s there will be a mast on almost every lamppost in your street.
Right outside your bedroom window and your next door neighbours and their next door neighbours and on.
These waves are affected by and effect vegetation.
5G is also weaponised for use in riot control.

This will not be the case initially and not for the foreseeable feature. It will be using the same infrastructure as 2G/3G/4G, primarily because idiots will reject the new builds...

Are you not concerned about the electricity pylons near your home? What about the WiFi in your home? What about your TV? These all give off equivalent RF to a mobile phone. I assume you have none of them?

"Weaponised"? What the fuck does that even mean?

They are the SAME waves as 2G/3G/4G! What is so hard to understand about this, 5G is not a new technology in terms of how it works.

It's not the same waves at all and I asked questions or is that not sensible in your world?
When a lot of professionals are asking for trials then I'm not the only one asking fucking questions.

To achieve this, wireless engineers are designing a suite of brand-new technologies.
At the moment, it’s not yet clear which technologies will do the most for 5G in the long run, but a few early favorites have emerged. The front-runners include millimeter waves, small cells, massive MIMO, full duplex, and beamforming. To understand how 5G will differ from today’s 4G networks, it’s helpful to walk through these five technologies and consider what each will mean for wireless users.

One way to get around that problem is to simply transmit signals on a whole new swath of the spectrum, one that’s never been used for mobile service before. That’s why providers are experimenting with broadcasting on millimeter waves,

Until now, only operators of satellites and radar systems used millimeter waves for real-world applications.

There is one major drawback to millimeter waves, though—they can’t easily travel through buildings or obstacles and they can be absorbed by foliage and rain. That’s why 5G networks will likely augment traditional cellular towers with another new technology, called small cells.

There is a problem, though—the sheer number of small cells required to build a 5G network may make it hard to set up in rural areas.

In addition to broadcasting over millimeter waves, 5G base stations will also have many more antennas than the base stations of today’s cellular networks—to take advantage of another new technology: massive MIMO.

Did you read what I wrote at all? Seems like you didn't, please try again.

The standard has already been approved. You're wrong.

Recently, however, the pace has started to pick up. In December 2017, the organisation that governs cellular standards, the 3GPP, signed off on a universal standard, called 5G NR. This meant that after years of debate on what 5G would look like in the real world, the industry had finally come to a consensus on how it should be delivered. Now it’s just got to make it happen.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/what-is ... etworks-uk

Higher frequencies will be used but the underlying technology and physics are the same. Higher frequencies travel a shorter distance, this means you need more masts, correct. But the actual POWER of the masts will be much lower to prevent bleeding. This means the overall impact on health will be no more damaging than that of the current infrastructure. Like I keep saying to you the plan is not to use this as these plans will almost certainly be rejected. The plan is to use the existing masts which are already there, i.e. the micro and macro masts you already see. 5G in its current state will be no different whatsoever to 4G.

Higher-frequency bands - 3.5GHz (gigahertz) to 26GHz and beyond - have a lot of capacity but their shorter wavelengths mean their range is lower - they're more easily blocked by physical objects.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44871448

It won't be used in rural areas, so your comment about trees is nonsense. Indeed in rural areas you need few masts since you don't need the capacity.

Lack of signal and low data speeds in rural areas is a common complaint in the UK and many other countries. But 5G won't necessarily address this issue as it will operate on high-frequency bands - to start with at least - that have a lot of capacity but cover shorter distances. 5G will primarily be an urban service for densely populated areas.

You can argue with experts all you like but you need to provide some proper citations for your knowledge as you seem to have described a plan that no network is planning. You also seem to think the plan for 5G is for crowd control, where has anyone said this is the intention? Any citations for that?

Do you have any actual evidence of harmful impacts? Any actual trials from reputable journals?

Any comment on using WiFi in your home? Or your computer? This gives off "harmful" radiation as well, so please stop using it for your own health.

I haven't said anywhere it's for crowd control I clearly said it's the same tech same frequencies used by The Active Denial System (ADS)
My main concern right now is the destruction of untold numbers of trees and the removal of lots of other vegetation.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Gigabit wrote:

Yes but the thrust of your argument is that it is not as dangerous as the Tin Foil Hat Brigade are trying to tell us. Which I am happy to see.
Some people would have us live in the dark ages and we'd be burning astronomers at the stake if they had their way.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Gigabit wrote:

No you're not because many of the facts are as yet unknown.
That's why a lot of testing is taking place to determine the facts.
Last edited by Rolluplostinspace on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Gigabit » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:42 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Gigabit wrote:

Yes but the thrust of your argument is that it is not as dangerous as the Tin Foil Hat Brigade are trying to tell us. Which I am happy to see.
Some people would have us live in the dark ages and we'd be burning astronomers at the stake if they had their way.

I do find it odd that progressives are afraid of technological advancement.
Gigabit

Postby Gigabit » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:

That's why a lot of testing is taking place.

Testing of agreed standards, it's what you do...

What is your solution? Ban 5G? What about 4G? Ban that too? What is your ideal situation?
Gigabit

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Gigabit wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:

What is your solution? Ban 5G? What about 4G? Ban that too? What is your ideal situation?

I don't have a solution you stupid cunt because I don't know what the problems may be.
I do know an untold number of trees are going to be destroyed across the world.
Millions upon millions of them.
Even low lying hills and slopes will have to be removed in many urban areas as trees and other vegetation absorb the signals.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:

I don't have a solution you stupid c**t because I don't know what the problems may be.
Even low lying hills and slopes will have to be removed in many urban areas as trees and other vegetation absorb the signals.

Yeah, level a forest or build a tower... :roll:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gigabit » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:

I don't have a solution you stupid c**t because I don't know what the problems may be.

Personal attacks show you have lost the argument. I normally have a lot of time for your views and have always found you very reasonable to talk to but you've just been very rude to me. I hope we can move past this but if not, good day.
Gigabit

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:

:gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:I'm simply stating the facts. Anyone is free to research them

There are to be thousands of small towers in streets along railway lines etc that will be around ten to twenty feet high ... every 250 yards roughly because the signals won't travel far.
I think you need to see and read about the plans for the tree felling.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms