Sunday shopping hours

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Sunday shopping hours

Postby DogsSupporter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:34 am

Dean wrote:
Gabby wrote:
DogsSupporter wrote:Does it tick you off that major stores, shops are only allowed to trade for 6 hours on a Sunday?

The internet is killing off stores and the UK has the highest online shopping figures per head in the world.

So it is about time shops were allowed to open and close as they wished.

My dad works Tuesaday to Saturday nights and by the time he gets out of bed about 3/4pm on a Sunday the shops are closed.

He’s got all day Monday! :dunno:

You’re forgetting, this is Lucy, so it’s all made up. His Dad is probably locked for being a nonce really...

Dean, about the second post I made here when I registered I said who I am.
It's a good job you are aiming your comments at Lucy and not me. If you did
aim them in that way at me, you'd have a big problem on your hands. I have already posted
to Cobs what happened IRL when someone called me a @@@@.

I like you as you are witty at times, so please ensure that we do not fall out as I'd hate to knock your
teeth into the back of your gob. :smilin:
DogsSupporter

Postby Hummingbird » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:34 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Hummingbird wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:One day a week with the rat race switched off has to be good for the ind. Has to be good for the environment.
There's online shopping as well as 24 hour shopping 6 days a week.
I think Saturday and Sunday closed down would be even better.

What about those that work Monday to Friday? When do we get our shopping done? Somethings are not practical to buy on line. Saturday close down is not practical.

I doubt they work 24 hrs a day but the shops are open 24 hrs a day.
Why do you think you'll die if the shops closed on Sunday.
Closing Saturday too wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

1. The shops might be open 24 hours a day where you live, but some of us live in more rural locations.
2. I never suggested I would die
3. I was essentially responding to the Saturday suggestion. I don't know you as poster so had no reason to suspect you were being flippant.
Hummingbird

Postby Dean » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:35 am

DogsSupporter wrote:
Dean wrote:
Gabby wrote:
DogsSupporter wrote:Does it tick you off that major stores, shops are only allowed to trade for 6 hours on a Sunday?

The internet is killing off stores and the UK has the highest online shopping figures per head in the world.

My dad works Tuesaday to Saturday nights and by the time he gets out of bed about 3/4pm on a Sunday the shops are closed.

You’re forgetting, this is Lucy, so it’s all made up. His Dad is probably locked for being a nonce really...

aim them in that way at me, you'd have a big problem on your hands. I have already posted

I like you as you are witty at times, so please ensure that we do not fall out as I'd hate to knock your

Very sorry Ds, my mistake... :oops:
Dean

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:36 am

I'm old enough to remember endless mill chimneys from the textile trade pumping smoke 24 hours a day. Mining heavy engineering chemical industries huge construction sites for housing shopping etc.
I remember when Liverpool docks were operating nonstop.
I remember the motorways being built massive airport expansions.
So with all this activity and the word unemployment to my young ears never having been heard .... the world survived without shopping on Sundays.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby DogsSupporter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:39 am

Hummingbird, I recall the time about 20 years ago when I lived with my parents in a rural village in Wales. Every Tuesday we'd
have a lorry come up with milk, bread, eggs and other essentials and a few treats. Mum used to say theu were more expensive than a supermarket but on par with the corner shop and saved at least one and half hours of going to the supermarket and returning plus the cost and wear and tear on car and my parents.

In the last few years my parents have moved to a small town, small corner shop run by locals opened 5:5 days a week closed all Sunday. Some Indians have taken it over and now there is a much wider choice and shop is open from 6am until 11-30 Mon to Saturday and 8 am to 9pm Sunday.
DogsSupporter

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:40 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'm old enough to remember endless mill chimneys from the textile trade pumping smoke 24 hours a day. Mining heavy engineering chemical industries huge construction sites for housing shopping etc.
So with all this activity and the word unemployment to my young ears never having been heard .... the world survived without shopping on Sundays.

And you are still going strong...

LordRaven
Twat.

Postby DogsSupporter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:42 am

Dean wrote:

Very sorry Ds, my mistake... :oops:

Thank you, Dean, I appreciate that as I like you and am against violence. I get picked on enough IRL as I'm gay and a few years ago having being persuaded by my husband to take up self-defence, not looked back since.
Thank you again.
x
Last edited by DogsSupporter on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
DogsSupporter

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:42 am

DogsSupporter wrote:Thank you, Dean, I appreciate that as I like you and am against violence. I get picked on enough IRL as I'm gay and a few years ago having being persuaded by my husband to take up self-defence, not looked back since.
Thank you again.
x

:gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:43 am

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'm old enough to remember endless mill chimneys from the textile trade pumping smoke 24 hours a day. Mining heavy engineering chemical industries huge construction sites for housing shopping etc.

You mean the world didn't survive?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:45 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Looking out of my window it looks fine and well to me old bean, even if it is a Sunday. Remember Wales being dry on a Sunday? What a terrible law that was.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:03 pm

DogsSupporter wrote:
Dean wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Fuck off cunt.

Now do your worst you impotent little twit.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Guest wrote:
DogsSupporter wrote:
Dean wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Fuck off c**t.

Now do your worst you impotent little twit.

Post your name and address :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Hummingbird » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm

That's fine, but the world and society moves on. Those industries no longer exist in the same form (sorry, stating the obvious I know). The services that we (the general term 'we' ) require are different. We're in the infancy of the 4th industrial revolution, society and it's services evolve or die.

I just don't think shopping on a Sunday is a terrible thing.

I would argue that the whole Boxing Day sales is unnecessary through.
Hummingbird

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:32 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Looking out of my window it looks fine and well to me old bean, even if it is a Sunday. Remember Wales being dry on a Sunday? What a terrible law that was.

I forgot about that!
Some areas here were like that into the 90's .... might still be now I don't know.
Many areas with no boozer now.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:33 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I misread your post as no and you're still wrong!
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms