Random Stuff # 24

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff # 24

Postby Holly » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:50 am

Guest wrote:DON'T POST WHEN HOLLY IS ON!

I MUST GET THIS INTO MY SKULL
!

:shoot:

Yes Phil, you must :thumbsup:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby jra » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:24 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Nucks wrote:One of my cats has found a new home on top of a bin across the road. She comes in to eat and have a few cuddles, but she’s right back out the door to the bin. Is that weird? :ooer: I’m a little worried once the weather goes cooler, we don’t have a cat flap. We have a doghouse in the back garden as an emergency shelter for them, but I’m hesitant to move it to the front garden as I think it would get nicked.

Cats are clever buggers and in the main they are very selfish and know where to go to to get food and TLC, in all weathers they will seek out what they need --whether it is at your place or some other house with a catflap.

Dogs might be exclusive and loyal but Cats are good at exploiting matters for themselves.

Indeed. Cats can pretty well survive on their own. They just use humans for the convenience factor, i.e. shelter and food, but they don't need humans to survive. Most breed dogs though would struggle in the same situation.
jra

Postby Stooo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:43 pm

jra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Nucks wrote:One of my cats has found a new home on top of a bin across the road. She comes in to eat and have a few cuddles, but she’s right back out the door to the bin. Is that weird? :ooer: I’m a little worried once the weather goes cooler, we don’t have a cat flap. We have a doghouse in the back garden as an emergency shelter for them, but I’m hesitant to move it to the front garden as I think it would get nicked.

Cats are clever buggers and in the main they are very selfish and know where to go to to get food and TLC, in all weathers they will seek out what they need --whether it is at your place or some other house with a catflap.

Dogs might be exclusive and loyal but Cats are good at exploiting matters for themselves.

Indeed. Cats can pretty well survive on their own. They just use humans for the convenience factor, i.e. shelter and food, but they don't need humans to survive. Most breed dogs though would struggle in the same situation.

Bollocks, my mainly house cat would be dead within a day if he had any sort of feral instinct in him.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby jra » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Bollocks, my mainly house cat would be dead within a day if he had any sort of feral instinct in him.

My dad kept cats and they pretty well fended for themselves, being semi feral. You should have seen what they brought home. Anything like mice, rats, small rabbits, small pheasants, partridges, birds. You name it.

When food was short, they were fed well and they lived in an out house. They lived the life of Riley really. Best of both worlds.
jra

Postby Nucks » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:16 pm

It is officially cold today, I’ve taken out my Mrs Claus pyjama bathrobe thing and put it on.
Nucks

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Me, lived here for fifteen years. Bedroom cleared in three hours.

My son, lived here for ten years. Still at it... :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:23 pm

Stooo wrote:Me, lived here for fifteen years. Bedroom cleared in three hours.

He probably has a lot of stiff socks under his bed that need sorting...
Dean

Postby calitom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

my dad's cat ran away 3 yrs ago and just returned last month....much skinnier and a bit nicked up..but generally healthy
calitom

Postby calitom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

my dad's cat ran away 3 yrs ago and just returned last month....much skinnier and a bit nicked up..but generally healthy
calitom

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Dean wrote:
Stooo wrote:Me, lived here for fifteen years. Bedroom cleared in three hours.

He probably has a lot of stiff socks under his bed that need sorting...

He just read your post on his way out to the van with another box, I'm sure that he muttered something about punts :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby dis » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:49 pm

All the best in your new house Stooo :smilin:
dis

Postby Nucks » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:09 pm

I’m skimming through my visa application and not disappointed to see they’ve kept the questions :

Are you a member of any terrorist organisation?
Have you been involved in any war crimes or acts of genocide?

and

Is there anything in your history that would indicate you’re not a person of good character?

:gigglesnshit: So they’re relying on people who’ve done these things to just fess up and admit it? Fear not taxpayers, your money is being put to good use uncovering the baddies.
Nucks

Postby calitom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Nucks wrote:I’m skimming through my visa application and not disappointed to see they’ve kept the questions :

and

Is there anything in your history that would indicate you’re not a person of good character?

:gigglesnshit: So they’re relying on people who’ve done these things to just fess up and admit it? Fear not taxpayers, your money is being put to good use uncovering the baddies.

That 'terrorist organization' definition likely getting broader and broader.Scary.
calitom

Postby Nucks » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:23 pm

calitom wrote:
Nucks wrote:I’m skimming through my visa application and not disappointed to see they’ve kept the questions :

and

That 'terrorist organization' definition likely getting broader and broader.Scary.

British Armed Forces? SAS? US Army? :awesome:
Nucks

Postby calitom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Nucks wrote:
calitom wrote:

and

British Armed Forces? SAS? US Army? :awesome:

hehe--thats in 60 yrs if China takes control....

i was thinking more along the lines of UKIP,John Birch society,NRA,traditional church groups,pro life groups
calitom

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive