Real Racism And Man's Ongoing Shame

A right load of bollocks...

Real Racism And Man's Ongoing Shame

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:22 am

I have not put this in the News Section because I wish to demonstrate to the idiots who think calling people racist is a debate winner. It is not, it is pathetic as it dilutes what real racism is.

The Slave trade was a disgusting inhuman practice that still has many ramifications today...

Details of horrific first voyages in transatlantic slave trade revealed
Exclusive: As the world ignores the ignominious 500th anniversary of the buying and selling of slaves between Africa and the Americas, historians uncover its first horrific voyages

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 94546.html

This is a very interesting article because, as well as commenting on the Arab and European slave trades, it also highlights the genocidal impact of European diseases on the native populations of the West Indies.
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Real Racism And Man's Ongoing Shame

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:31 am

racism is multi-faceted

the only people trying to dilute what racism is are those that claim because X is REAL racism, Y&Z can't possibly be racism

it's a shit defence from shit people trying to deflect from their shit beliefs
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby banana chewits » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:35 am

HobbitFeet wrote:racism is multi-faceted

the only people trying to dilute what racism is are those that claim because X is REAL racism, Y&Z can't possibly be racism

i love you, hobbit.
banana chewits

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:39 am

HobbitFeet wrote:racism is multi-faceted

the only people trying to dilute what racism is are those that claim because X is REAL racism, Y&Z can't possily be racism

It may be poorly phrased giving people the benefit of the doubt but you are right, there isn't two baskets labelled "real racism" and "false racism". There's only racism. The magnitude of harm which flows from the acts which construe racism may change (slavery = extremely high, being called a Paki = lower) but it's still the same thing.

I guess there is an argument that some bad actors use an allegation of racism which they do not have a genuine belief in for certain ends such as to silence differing opinions, political ends and so on.
Avon Barksdale

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:55 am

Interesting? Different levels of racism all as equally as bad?

Personally I cannot agree, wholesale enslavement of certain peoples and/or genocidal attacks on any one race of people are far worse than name calling - the latter of which is puerile.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby banana chewits » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:57 am

LordRaven wrote:Interesting? Different levels of racism all as equally as bad?

Personally I cannot agree, wholesale enslavement of certain peoples and/or genocidal attacks on any one race of people are far worse than name calling - the latter of which is puerile.

says white man's privilege.
banana chewits

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:58 am

who said that?

you are discussing 'REAL' racism, I'm saying it's all real, the level (ergo harm caused) is a different discussion altogether

try keeping your debate coherent, it helps
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:00 am

banana chewits wrote:

I cannot agree with that either, North American Indians, African Tribes, Aboriginal peoples in South East Asia -- they all enslaved others and engaged in acts of genocide.

Are you trying to tell me that those weren't acts of racism?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby banana chewits » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:01 am

LordRaven wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

I cannot agree with that either, North American Indians, African Tribes, Aboriginal peoples in South East Asia -- they all enslaved others and engaged in acts of genocide.

you're the one laying down what's 'real' racism & what isn't.

racism is racism, raven, whether you like it or not.
banana chewits

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:02 am

HobbitFeet wrote:

who said that?

you are discussing 'REAL' racism, I'm saying it's all real, the level (ergo harm caused) is a different discussion altogether

Your arguments do not hold when weighed against human history, you seem to be employing what is quite typical of left wing arguments to stifle debate by calling anyone who wants to debate such issues racist.
Which is unhelpful tbh
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:04 am

LordRaven wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

I'm sure FSSTBC is well aware of the slave markets in Libya but can they all be run by "white man's" privilege.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:05 am

banana chewits wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

you're the one laying down what's 'real' racism & what isn't.

racism is racism, raven, whether you like it or not.

Again you are employing the tactic employed by those who wish to stifle debate.

http://www.jareddiamond.org/Jared_Diamo ... Steel.html -- a rather good read

It is an interesting subject so please debate rather than kill it. The OP clearly shows that not many want to even discuss our past mistakes --as it seems you and others on here don't either.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:07 am

LordRaven wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

who said that?

Your arguments do not hold when weighed against human history, you seem to be employing what is quite typical of left wing arguments to stifle debate by calling anyone who wants to debate such issues racist.
Which is unhelpful tbh

and you seem to be using a lot of words to say nothing

sparking a debate does not make anyone a racist, what makes them a racist is their beliefs, actions, and words
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:09 am

banana chewits wrote:

So Hobbit Feet, having made no comment on BC's "white man's privilege" remark are you of the same opinion that only white people can be racist??
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:13 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

who said that?

Which is unhelpful tbh

and you seem to be using a lot of words to say nothing

sparking a debate does not make anyone a racist, what makes them a racist is their beliefs, actions, and words

When I could liken your opening remarks to driving a car? You kind of suggested it doesn't matter how fast we go there is no difference in our levels of racism -- and that is just plain silly.
LordRaven
Twat.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms