Real Racism And Man's Ongoing Shame

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Real Racism And Man's Ongoing Shame

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:19 am

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Interesting? Different levels of racism all as equally as bad?

Personally I cannot agree, wholesale enslavement of certain peoples and/or genocidal attacks on any one race of people are far worse than name calling - the latter of which is puerile.

says white man's privilege.

I cannot agree with that either, North American Indians, African Tribes, Aboriginal peoples in South East Asia -- they all enslaved others and engaged in acts of genocide.

Are you trying to tell me that those weren't acts of racism?

I'm sure FSSTBC is well aware of the slave markets in Libya but can they all be run by "white man's" privilege.

African migrants sold in Libya 'slave markets', IOM says
Reports of African migrants being bought and sold mark a new low in the crisis
Africans trying to reach Europe are being sold by their captors in "slave markets" in Libya, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) says.
Victims told IOM that after being detained by people smugglers or militia groups, they were taken to town squares or car parks to be sold.
Migrants with skills like painting or tiling would fetch higher prices, the head of the IOM in Libya told the BBC.
Libya has been in chaos since the 2011 Nato-backed ousting of Muammar Gaddafi.
More on this and other African stories
Hundreds of young sub-Saharan African men have been caught up in the so-called slave markets, according to the IOM report.
Migrants 'forced to starve'
A Senegalese migrant, who was not named to protect his identity, said that he had been sold at one such market in the southern Libyan city of Sabha, before being taken to a makeshift prison where more than 100 migrants were being held hostage.
He said that migrants held at the facility were told to call their families, who would be asked for money to pay for their release, and some were beaten while on the phone to allow relatives to hear them being tortured.
He described "dreadful" conditions where migrants were forced to survive on limited food supplies, with those unable to pay either killed or left to starve, the report adds.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39567632

Bloody Hell! Profit from human misery, scumbags
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:24 am

LordRaven wrote:
I started this thread because of a little known anniversary of the slave trade but it's clear that people prefer to shout racist rather than discuss this.

No you didn’t.
You started this thread so you could ignore everything everyone has said and waffle and excuse racism.

It doesn’t matter the kind of racism. Racism is racism and shouldn’t be condoned or excuse or ignored. That kind of shit emboldens racism. It makes it normal. Abusing someone simply because of their race should never be normal.

We should embrace our history and learn from it and use it to avoid mistakes we’ve made in the past. That doesn’t mean we look back at things like the slave trade and think “lol using the n word is so insignificant in comparison so it must be ok!”
NastyNickers

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:31 am

NastyNickers wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
I started this thread because of a little known anniversary of the slave trade but it's clear that people prefer to shout racist rather than discuss this.

No you didn’t.
You started this thread so you could ignore everything everyone has said and waffle and excuse racism.

It doesn’t matter the kind of racism. Racism is racism and shouldn’t be condoned or excuse or ignored. That kind of shit emboldens racism. It makes it normal. Abusing someone simply because of their race should never be normal.

We should embrace our history and learn from it and use it to avoid mistakes we’ve made in the past.
That doesn’t mean we look back at things like the slave trade and think “lol using the n word is so insignificant in comparison so it must be ok!”

Congratulations!!!! You are almost on par with why I started this thread, to highlight the fact that we need to remember history to ensure we never repeat the same mistakes --because the slave trade 500th anniversary marker for direct transportation from Africa to the New World is being ignored.

You got that bit righ but really let yourself down by echoing the same shite designed to stifle any debate on racism as exemplified by HB and BC to try and look all trendy and gain the moral high ground.

People have often said that one cannot discuss racism because many people, who think they are clever, shout "racist" to try and stifle the debate before it has even started.

Which is plain fucking ridiculous and you really ought to be ashamed of yourselves, and if you read the thread you would have a rather large omelette on your face :cuppaT:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 am

LordRaven wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

No you didn’t.

We should embrace our history and learn from it and use it to avoid mistakes we’ve made in the past.
That doesn’t mean we look back at things like the slave trade and think “lol using the n word is so insignificant in comparison so it must be ok!”

Congratulations!!!! You are almost on par with why I started this thread, to highlight the fact that we need to remember history to ensure we never repeat the same mistakes --because the slave trade 500th anniversary marker for direct transportation from Africa to the New World is being ignored.

You got that bit righ but really let yourself down by echoing the same shite designed to stifle any debate on racism as exemplified by HB and BC to try and look all trendy and gain the moral high ground.

People have often said that one cannot discuss racism because many people, who think they are clever, shout "racist" to try and stifle the debate before it has even started.

Which is plain fucking ridiculous and you really ought to be ashamed of yourselves, and if you read the thread you would have a rather large omelette on your face :cuppaT:

Debate is about disagreeing, you know that right? So you’re going to have to get opposing views to your own, right? My view is racism is never ok. You are currently stifling my view by claiming I am stifling debating when I’m actively engaging it. :snooty:

Tbf I would probably get more sense out of an omelette
NastyNickers

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:46 am

NastyNickers wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

No you didn’t.

Debate is about disagreeing, you know that right? So you’re going to have to get opposing views to your own, right? My view is racism is never ok. You are currently stifling my view by claiming I am stifling debating when I’m actively engaging it. :snooty:

Tbf I would probably get more sense out of an omelette

To be fair you haven't read the thread, otherwise you wouldn't be saying any of that and I hear you have a face like burnt omelette too.

How can you possibly disagree with my posting about a 500th anniversary of direct transportation of slaves from Africa to the West Indies etc?

Surely trying to kill my wish to speak about is it is Racist??
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:48 am

How many more self important individuals will ignore the OP and shout racist to try and kill a need for a debate about racism, thinking it makes them look clever as they think it secures the moral high ground for them?
What truly c-ntish behaviour?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:51 am

LordRaven wrote:To be fair you haven't read the thread, otherwise you wouldn't be saying any of that and I hear you have a face like burnt omelette too.

How can you possibly disagree with my posting about a 500th anniversary of direct transportation of slaves from Africa to the West Indies etc?

What does a face like burnt omelette look like? Black and crispy? :roll:

I disagree with you using a 500 year old event to minimise the impact of present day racism.
NastyNickers

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:52 am

LordRaven wrote:I have not put this in the News Section because I wish to demonstrate to the idiots who think calling people racist is a debate winner. It is not, it is pathetic as it dilutes what real racism is.

The Slave trade was a disgusting inhuman practice that still has many ramifications today...

Details of horrific first voyages in transatlantic slave trade revealed
Exclusive: As the world ignores the ignominious 500th anniversary of the buying and selling of slaves between Africa and the Americas, historians uncover its first horrific voyages

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 94546.html

This is a very interesting article because, as well as commenting on the Arab and European slave trades, it also highlights the genocidal impact of European diseases on the native populations of the West Indies.

BUMPED for those who can't read and merely shout racist at me--clowns!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:54 am

NastyNickers wrote:
LordRaven wrote:To be fair you haven't read the thread, otherwise you wouldn't be saying any of that and I hear you have a face like burnt omelette too.

What does a face like burnt omelette look like? Black and crispy? :roll:

I disagree with you using a 500 year old event to minimise the impact of present day racism.

How can a truly disgusting level of treatment of human beings be shoved under the carpet? Afraid to discuss it are you?

And how the hell does it minimise racism today?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:00 am

LordRaven wrote:
How can a truly disgusting level of treatment of human beings be shoved under the carpet? Afraid to discuss it are you?

Why would I be afraid to discuss it? I don’t know why it’s not getting more media attention. It should.

You used it to minimise present day racism, by holding it up at “real racism” and talking about diluting racism in your OP. Maybe if you didn’t use the thread to air your own little issues, you’d have more people willing to discuss the anniversary with you.
NastyNickers

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:04 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:It may be poorly phrased giving people the benefit of the doubt but you are right, there isn't two baskets labelled "real racism" and "false racism". There's only racism. The magnitude of harm which flows from the acts which construe racism may change (slavery = extremely high, being called a Paki = lower) but it's still the same thing.

I guess there is an argument that some bad actors use an allegation of racism which they do not have a genuine belief in for certain ends such as to silence differing opinions, political ends and so on.

There is 'real racism' of course, but there isn't 'false racism', instead it's 'false allegations of racism made by people who don't understand what real racism is'. Most do it out of ignorance, but some do it out of spite.

People just accuse others of it now if they disagree with them over anything involving non-whites. It's lazy, and very stupid debate tbh. It's reached the stage where any negative comments directed at a non-white is automatically seen as racism by some.

There are many on here who don't know what real racism actually is - Stooo, Hobbit, and Rockstar, to name but 3.

Stooo thinks it's ok to laugh at Boris Johnson because he's a bit of a clown, which he is. But if you laugh at Dianne Abbott, it's not because she's arguably a much bigger clown, according to Stooo, it's 'because she's black' and therefore it's racist to laugh at Dianne Abbott. I kid you not.

Hobbit clearly hasn't got a clue what real racism is, and has been making spurious accusations of it for years. A lost cause that one.

Rockstar likes to play the race card whenever he can.

People like the above have diluted the real meaning of racism, and any genuine racism is now quite often lost in the sea of false allegations. Fact!
Red Okktober

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:06 am

NastyNickers wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Why would I be afraid to discuss it? I don’t know why it’s not getting more media attention. It should.

You used it to minimise present day racism, by holding it up at “real racism” and talking about diluting racism in your OP. Maybe if you didn’t use the thread to air your own little issues, you’d have more people willing to discuss the anniversary with you.

All a matter of context really, but yet again we see people on here shouting racist at me for posting about a truly disgusting chapter of human history to the same degree as they do at Gabby for some off the cuff remark.
It is truly pathetic and anyone thinking it clever or making Mount Everest out of a molehill needs to have a rapid rethink.
Silly buggers!!!
I have posted several cases of racism by non-whites on other peoples in this thread and only one person has posted about such things too, but do you guys comment on that?
No, you just shout racist at me thinking the sun will shine out of your bottoms and earn you hero worship from fellow clowns who think it clever to shout the word racist.
Grow up you silly people :cuppaT:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:08 am

banana chewits wrote:

Personally I cannot agree, wholesale enslavement of certain peoples and/or genocidal attacks on any one race of people are far worse than name calling - the latter of which is puerile.

Were the white men who were captured as slaves by Barbary pirates, privileged? :shake head:

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 am

Red Okktober wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:It may be poorly phrased giving people the benefit of the doubt but you are right, there isn't two baskets labelled "real racism" and "false racism". There's only racism. The magnitude of harm which flows from the acts which construe racism may change (slavery = extremely high, being called a Paki = lower) but it's still the same thing.

I guess there is an argument that some bad actors use an allegation of racism which they do not have a genuine belief in for certain ends such as to silence differing opinions, political ends and so on.

There is 'real racism' of course, but there isn't 'false racism', instead it's 'false allegations of racism made by people who don't understand what real racism is'. Most do it out of ignorance, but some do it out of spite.

People just accuse others of it now if they disagree with them over anything involving non-whites. It's lazy, and very stupid debate tbh. It's reached the stage where any negative comments directed at a non-white is automatically seen as racism by some.

There are many on here who don't know what real racism actually is - Stooo, Hobbit, and Rockstar, to name but 3.

Stooo thinks it's ok to laugh at Boris Johnson because he's a bit of a clown, which he is. But if you laugh at Dianne Abbott, it's not because she's arguably a much bigger clown, according to Stooo, it's 'because she's black' and therefore it's racist to laugh at Dianne Abbott. I kid you not.

Hobbit clearly hasn't got a clue what real racism is, and has been making spurious accusations of it for years. A lost cause that one.

Rockstar likes to play the race card whenever he can.

People like the above have diluted the real meaning of racism, and any genuine racism is now quite often lost in the sea of false allegations. Fact!

Fuck me sideways!!! Someone actually understands and has given a very plausible reason for such silliness all too often displayed on here by many :thumbsup:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:12 am

banana chewits wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
banana chewits wrote:

So Hobbit Feet, having made no comment on BC's "white man's privilege" remark are you of the same opinion that only white people can be racist??

don't use me to play your games, raven.

you said racist name calling is puerile.

it takes a white man to say that.

Because no white men have ever been called racist names. Why do I get the feeling you're a self loathing white middle class PRIVILEGED cunt?

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms